Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Miley Cyrus goes Brony

Moved to Elsewhere

You know... I don't really care.

The show is great. People like it. Miley likes it. No big surprise here :P
Even though that just proves she knows what bronies are... Doesn't prove she is a brony...

• Brohoof 11

It's great that we have another person joining the Brony movement. (lol. I said "movement")

But if you told me some guy in Indianapolis who lives in his mom's basement who's also on wellfare just became a Brony I'd have the same reaction.

• Brohoof 2

I can tell you right now she most likely is not involved whatsoever in the fandom, or it's activites but rather is doing this in an attempt to maintain relevance in an ever changing internet scene, thanks to her mass failure to become something "shocking" and continue her career off that. I would expect some more "references" soon, as she tries to find another nitche for her terrible music, now that she has become to old to be america's sweetheart, and her more "mature" albums are now a joke.

I guess this means we won, as we are now large enough for failed pop idols to attach themselves to in order to maintain a cultural relevance.

• Brohoof 9

I have mixed feelings about this.

I favor this, because it's nice to see how many celebrities like the show.  I don't think that link proves anything, but if we assume that it is fact, then hooray for having another one.

I feel neutral about it, because I usually don't care who likes/dislikes what I like/dislike.

I oppose it, because it's Miley Cyrus.  She represents most things wrong with the youth of today, and I don't really like seeing stuff like that associated with what I am a fan of.  ...of course, it's not like we don't already.

• Brohoof 6

I was going to say something nice, but yeaaah, the others are right. It's nothing special. :P

It's hard to believe that she's a brony, however. She's wearing a unicorn hoodie... and that's it. Some celebrities like to follow the latest trends for their fans, too.

Even though I'm not a fan of her Wrecking Ball song, I don't hate her as a person for that, and if she really is a brony, good for her. :P

• Brohoof 1

With everything she has done so far until she shows up at BronyCon and contributes to the fandom she is just doing this for shock value. :maud: Of all the celebs to join it had to be the one with the recent backlash. I have just one question. When is Justin Beiber joining? >_>

God had abandoned us.  The end is nigh.   :blink:

JK.  :P  I doubt she's a really Brony.  Miley's just trying to be controversial and different again.  Still, I prefer this to all the grinding.  And the licking.  Whatev's, though.  Ain't gonna change anything for us.

• Brohoof 1

I am kinda sick of everyone giving Miley a hard time.Maybe it's just me, but she isn't hurting anyone. Not one person whatsoever. And some people make her out to be some terrible person, just because of the way she wants to present herself. Not like this Justin Bieber character, who could have killed himself and/or someone else, when he decided to do that drag racing stunt followed by the rest of the stupid stuff he did.

But, back on topic, No matter if she's a true Brony or not. It's nice to have a celerbrity not bad mouthing MLP and /or Bronies.

• Brohoof 6

I've seen some older videos of her wearing a unicorn hoodie, but only until now that I've seen her mention the brony fandom.

I can just imagine all of the controversy about her being a brony.....

Overall, I don't really care if she becomes a brony or not, but if she does, then I'd like to welcome her to the fandom :3

Part of me thinks this is an attempt to get attention and I feel wary about how it could hurt the Brony image, but I otherwise am okay with it.

Umm... welcome to the herd, Miley Cyrus. :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

The more celebrities that join the fandom, the better we look since haters won't be able to generalize us as weirdos that much B).

Then again, as pointed out, most celebrities that joined are weirdos :wacko::lol:.

Edited by SparkWolf

The more celebrities that join the fandom, the better we look since haters won't be able to generalize us as weirdos that much B).

except most celebrities that have joined us are considered weirdos

lady_gaga_6_wenn3344213-490x808.jpg

andrew_wk-2014.jpg

Edited by twistedmetalero
  • Brohoof 1

Please-please-pleeeeeeaaase mlp do not make a wrecking ball reference with Pinkie in S5...  :maud:

166233__UNOPT__safe_rarity_animated_gree

I feel a disturbance in the force, from the future.  :maud:

1394334704931.png

Fuck it, id love it anyways, its Pinkie, bring on the Wrecking Pie.  :nom:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 3

All I could think of is her in that thing swinging on the ball in Wrecking Ball.  :lol:

Me too  :D

Oh, wait...what's this about her being a brony? Sorry, I was thinking of that video for totally unrelated reasons  :blush:  It's no big deal if she's into the show or not really. I don't really listen to her music or anything all that often and there's not much to her "shocking" act that hasn't really already been done before so it's not offensive or anything. Personally, I don't complain if she suddenly shows up skimpily clad on my tv or computer screen, probably quite the opposite actually.

Someone should ask her who her favourite pony is though. Just to see. Hmm, I might tweet her.

When I read this title the first thing I said to myself was "what the f**k", I mean we've had a good track record of getting only cool celebrities in and now Miley has broken that record. If she makes a song about MLP I swear I will get a real pony and have it s**t on her managers face.

Edited by chirox the pony
  • Brohoof 2

I try not to judge the motivations of certain celebrities. Not for some smarmy and evolved reason though, I just find it a waste of my time and energy to focus too much on the personal lives and goings on of people who I do not interact with and have little to no influence on my life.

I neither celebrate or dislike this. Color me fairly indifferent.

• Brohoof 1