Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you care what others think?

Haruhi-chan

I was just wondering what people's thoughts were on this.

For me, I don't care what people think. I like being myself and dressing anyway I want to. I mostly enjoy wearing my Finn hat from Adventure Time in public. 8D I'm a child at heart, so I will do anything more child-like. It usually involves carrying around my plushies or my Elsa doll wherever I go as well. I guess in some way, when it comes to online though, I do tend to care what others think.

• Brohoof 8

I examine everything I do through other peoples eyes in my head before I do it. I try look through all possible ways people can react to the thing I am considering to do. I always value what people will think of me if I do this or if I do that.

And it is really hard for me to do something that I'm not sure that people will think positive of me I will start doubting myself and I slide into my depression. I can't take criticism because I take everything straight to my heart . 

Every time when I walk outside I think what people around me will think about me I try to act normal and I try to not to do anything that is somehow weird or grabs attention. I hate when people look at me and I'm center of attention, because then it's 100% sure that they will think something about me. Then I usually blush and/or cry . It feels awful. :(

I wish I could ignore what other people think about me. It feels like a curse that is put down on me :(

• Brohoof 7

Yes I do care what others think of me, but at the same time I don’t.

Because I refuse to not do things because some people are jerks about it, such as kick scooting or watching MLP, or wearing MLP T shirts or listening to the kind of music I enjoy. There's others in the list but I can't think of anymore right now.

I’d say my caring part is there enough to keep me from pushing it too far :)

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 2

This is always a bit of a balancing act honestly. If you take it too far, not caring what others think makes you a sociopath. Plus there are plenty of people whose opinions on you matter such as your boss.

Being able to know when someone else's opinion does or does not matter is a difficult thing to know and is part of maturity.

• Brohoof 4

Of course i care about what people think. A lot of the time, if many people are of the same opinion they are actually right. If my mind is set on womething, i ignore other people's opiniins, but for the most part, i dress, talk, behave in a way that would please others as well as myself.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I agree with Andaasonsan; I think it's a little bit of both. I definitely care about other's opinions, since some people have really good ideas and such.

I think this topic was meant to be "Do you care what others think about you", in which case I try not to care as much, since if I do spend time worrying about what people think of me, then I'll just spend time being afraid to do things. :/

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

@@ooBrony, Exactly the same with me, I'm very self conscious so it's difficult. I try not thinking about what others think about me it isn't as easy as you would think. So though I would like to say I don't I'm not sure if I can I still do what I want but I can't say I don't care at all because I do a little. Still most of the time I don't care, just be myself.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose I do, only because I'm viewed as the bad guy in most situations, so I try to dress classy (leather boots and jacket). Then that usually just leads to jealousy. I can't seem to make a balance, it's either I'm too flashy or not flashy enough. I try to avoid the whole "Just be yourself" kind of thing, because when I do, nobody likes me being myself. Hopefully it won't get to the point where I get plastic surgery on my face so people won't call me "angry", "weird", and whatever these kids say nowadays. It's kind of a bad thing whether I do or not. I don't feel like I'm viewed as a good person whenever I go out, mostly because I go alone since I have no friends. I also tend to not look people in the eye, at all. I think they're better than me, they probably are, but I've developed an ego to try an surpass something I don't even know is true or not.

Yeah, whatever. Sorry for the long post. :(

• Brohoof 1

Never have been, and damn proud of it! I see this a lot particularly with my brother. He's no sheep mind you, but he definitely is beholden more to the whims and opinions of others.

Never have I even struggled with such a notion, it's part of what made becoming a brony so easy. It's not wildly different than what I've been like most of the time.

Destiny? Loved it.

Transformer films? Loved them all!

Cynicism? Screw all the Hobbes misanthropy and Lovecraftian rejection of human agency! Thousands of years from now, when we've projected our individual whims across star systems, I'm going to come back to Earth just to spit on both of their graves and tell them they were dead wrong!

Fox News? Their treatment of us bronies was a dick move, but I trust them more to keep me informed than communist news network.

This fandom? One of the greatest experiences of my life and one of the most noble movements in modern history. All the drama, arguments, and bad blood is nil, nothing compared to the good it's done for people's lives.

The U.S.A.? I would call myself a "patriotic anarchist" if you will.

Religion? Never should be forced upon one, nor should it be denied to any. I myself am a Gnostic, practicing Catholic, and Buddhist dabbler.

I wear all of these and more on my sleeve. It's part of my core, almost like an Element of Harmony or "virtue" for those who have read Fallout: Equestria, and that is sincerity. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don't shake someone's hand and smile when you consider them an enemy. Be forthcoming in all you do. Have the courage to own your words and feelings.

• Brohoof 3

It depends.

If I'm doing something self-serving or by myself, then I probably won't care at all, ever. If I'm with someone else, or say, in a group doing a project, then I will care what others think.

The only time I care about what others think of me and what I do is when I want an opinion on something about me or I want to improve myself in something. Otherwise, I ignore people.

Overall, I generally don't care.

• Brohoof 1

Depending on whether what they think is relevant or at least useful. If they think i should drive safely because i would otherwise put human lives in danger, i would care about what they think - in fact i'd share the sentiment - but if they think i shouldn't wear a pink t-shirt because pink isn't my color, then not really.

• Brohoof 2

@@Steel Accord,

You're going to live for thousands of years? However are you going to manage that feat? If you do manage to live for thousands of years and still manage to stay sane as you watch all of your family and friends die around you, please, before I pass tell me the secret to immortality. Imagine all of the things I could do if I had more time. by the way lovecraft is a brilliant author, 'tis a shame you don't like him.

On topic, no, I don't care what others think. Hell, in school, i'm quite possibly the biggest geek and nerd there is. I read Tolstoy for kicks and fangirl over television and neglect to do my homework until 5 minutes before class and somehow still pull A's. I wear Doctor Who t-shirts and constantly attempt to get into philosophical arguments with my friends. I'm able to make friends easily but I prefer not to since humanity sucks and i'm an introvert and have about 5 different personalities.

However, if it's the opinion on someone who matters, as in my boss and teachers, then yes, I always try to make a good impression on them.

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't care less what other people think about me, (except if it's positive) but what I do like to do is absolutely baffle people, for example: completely and utterly ruining someone's attempt at my level-headedness (yo mamma jokes, jokes at my expense, etc) by either returning better than they started or saying "your opinion is maximally irrelevenant, and you input was unnecessary and unrequested, so please remove your presence from the perimeter of my personal space." Essentially, confuse them with large words XD

• Brohoof 2

I believe you should use discretion with whose opinions you care about. If you don't care at all, you could let yourself become carried away and treat people in ways they shouldn't be treated, and in that sense you should definitely take constructive criticism under consideration.

If you get too caught up in what other people think, though, it'll lead you to developing anxiety about what you do. Thinking carefully behind what you say is not a bad thing, but you shouldn't feel afraid to speak at all. If you do, then you care too much.

Much like anything else in life, it's a balance.

• Brohoof 4

I definitely care too much about what others think sometimes :/ . I don't like giving people a bad impression, in one instance. I recall I had very conflicting thoughts about dating somebody in high school who was a freshman (I was a senior), and so that kinda kept me from dating her :unsure:.... we're still friends, and I didn't have to date her to be good with her :b .

• Brohoof 1

For the most part, I care about other people but when it comes to them taring down others, I tend to block it out. 

If I'm emotionally unstable at some point (like stress or anxiety stacking up) then I might over react or take things to heart that I normally wouldn't~ 

So I'm off and on with that sort of thing, though for the most part I tend to be laid back.

• Brohoof 1