Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vinyl Scratch' Role in MLP:EG RR

Bit Rusher

Vinyl's role in the movie and that one EqG short (Music to My Ears) was okay, I mean at least we know she now has a Cybertronian bass automobile! But, is Vinyl going to be Hasbro's Tom or Jerry? Isn't she going to have any lines of dialogue? Can't they find any voice actress who can do a performance similar to Nowacking's? Or is Hasbro afraid that she might suffer the same fate Derpy did? (parents complaining about the character just because of the voice).

Vinyl's role in the movie and that one EqG short (Music to My Ears) was okay, I mean at least we know she now has a Cybertronian bass automobile! But, is Vinyl going to be Hasbro's Tom or Jerry? Isn't she going to have any lines of dialogue? Can't they find any voice actress who can do a performance similar to Nowacking's? Or is Hasbro afraid that she might suffer the same fate Derpy did? (parents complaining about the character just because of the voice).

I think it's that Hasbro knows what they are messing with. Because, lets face it, if Vinyl Scratch does get a speaking role and the voice that comes out of her mouth is not Nowacking the fandom is going to flip shit.

Funny enough, I actually called it before going into the movie (And I have several witnesses who can confirm that)...ever since I saw the "Battle of the Bands" music video before it came out, and noticed her bobbing her head out of time in the background. When I actually saw it happen in the movie, I literally punched my fist in the air in the theater! (might have gotten some popcorn on the floor too, but that's beside the point.) To be honest, that's one of my favourite things in the movie...it was really well done, and even though I kinda saw it coming, I didn't know if I was right or not, so it was a truly pleasant surprise! As far as her remaining mute/nameless? In a perfect world, she'd be talked of as "vinyl" and voiced by nowacking, but until then, I think her role is just fine. In fact, I kinda like the fact that she doesn't talk besides the fanimations, it's become kind of a neat trope seeing her in the background occasionally in the show, spitting out my pop and going "ZOMG! THERE SHE IS!"...(I'm a big Vinyl fan tbh...clearly you can tell) But honestly, until then...I think she's just fine. (And I also love how it's now canon she's an EDM DJ...makes me love the show 10X more just for that)