Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

After seeing the premiere, I will say I just hope for Pinkie and RD to be handled the way they were in it. I really haven't enjoy them in quite some time. Also I want to see some more Rarijack episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I liked how the Pinkie Pie was handled in the premiere. I hope that continues for at least the next forever or so.

I want Starlight to come back at some point, but not reformed cuz that would suck.

I want those ponies from the village (the main ones) to make more appearances. Best supporting characters ever!!!

• Brohoof 1

My predictions/hopes

- Starswirl the Bearded will appear sometime

- It turns out he is related to Starlight Glimmer

- Starswirl tells the Mane6 why Starlight wanted the cutie marks

- Starlight reforms somehow

- Starlight becomes one of the main protagonists in Season 6

• Brohoof 1

My predictions/hopes

- Starlight becomes one of the main protagonists in Season 6

I don't know about that one, I mean Sunset Shimmer was hugely important (if not more so then Starlight) and she still isn't the seventh member (and they don't appear to have intentions to give her such a role). 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In season 5 I hope there are more important background characters. Season 4 really only gave us Cheese Pie and Coco which are the only memorable ones.

Hopefully we'll get more because the mane 6 are reaching the pinnacle of their character arcs.

I do want to know if Fluttershy even has any family being the only mane 6 pony to have no family mentioned whatsoever. She's like Spike in a sense though even Spike has a surrogate mother and brother

Edited by Nessie

After seeing the premier, I sort of want to see an arc where the Mane 6 go somewhere and accidentally make thing worse.

Like take the village in the premier. Say come the finale, the girls get called back to the town and find out things are the exact opposite of when they first arrived.  Instead of forced equality, there is massive inequality, that they took the idea of not being equal and ran to the extreme of it, with only a few ponies up top enjoying the benefits while the majority suffer. Then when the Mane 6 try get thing to be more harmonious, the top ponies point out that they're doing what Starlight did, bring them down to create this forced equality.  And so the Mane 6 have to deal with the ponies and the fact that they may have goofed uped, or not done enough. 

Not to say it has to be this example but I think it would be very mature if they showed that not everything will work out the first time and people/ponies may take ideas the wrong way or to a wrong extreme to combat another extreme. 

(edited)

I wanted more reasons to get behind our 4 newbie heroes at the end, but from the glimpses of personality we got, they all seem pretty fun and likable. I wonder if they'll be part of that big 100th "side character" episode the writers have been building up. (Though personally, I want Big Mac to be one of the main characters there.)

Edited by The Second Opinion
  • Brohoof 1

I wanted more reasons to get behind or 4 newbie heroes at the end, but from the glimpses of personality we got, they all seem pretty fun and likable. I wonder if they'll be part of that big 100th "side character" episode the writers have been building up. (Though personally, I want Big Mac to be one of the main characters there.)

OMG it would be awesome if they came back! So much potential with them. Their designs are great and their talents seem pretty interesting. And let's be honest, Double Diamond is freakin hot :squee:

(edited)

OMG it would be awesome if they came back! So much potential with them. Their designs are great and their talents seem pretty interesting. And let's be honest, Double Diamond is freakin hot :squee:

I was wondering why so many people seem to be coming back to him in particular. Now it makes sense.  :lol:

I have to agree. It definitely seems like it might happen. They already dropped a possible hint at more to explore with them with Double Diamond and Night Glider's "This is where I first met Starlight/maybe you can reminisce another time."

Edited by The Second Opinion
  • Brohoof 1

I hope Season 5 ends with the return of Starlight Glimmer, and another 2-part with her using her magic in bigger cities to steal cutie-marks and give away free copies of the Communist Manifesto

I want to see more of Sunset Glimmer in future episodes.

Besides most likely appearing in the 2 part season finale I want to see her in multiple episodes across the season as well.

Having her be a reoccurring villain would be interesting and first for the show and could make for some good story potential.

Plus I want to know more about her and actually would like to see Starlight get some actual character development because right now I think she is an alright villain and a nice breath of fresh air compared to the other big baddies of the show, but she isn't one of my favorite characters or antagonists yet.  Learning about her past and showcasing more of her personality/charisma through multiple episodes would allow for me to get a better grasp on what Starlight is as a person and help me get invested into her more as a character.

But besides her I really do want to see some more adventure based episodes as well as seeing new locations all across equestria this season.

I would want more songs, a more well written stories, more somewhat adult themes to the lessons that are easy enough for the kids to grasp but evolved enough to where they are not entirely childish, and most of all more new ponies!

Considering that the 100th episode will have a focus on bg characters, and how the premiere went, I'm thinking this season will have some focus on the friendships of other ponies besides the mane 6? I'm hoping for the finale to, like, have some villain so powerful that the friendships between ponies all around Equestria(and beyond?) will be needed somehow, for some super friendship magic or something. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I want to see another episode like "Three's Company" where mane six members other than Fluttershy and Twilight have to spend time with Discord.

img-3665136-1-534062__safe_rainbow%20das

And, of course, when I say "mane six members",

I mean Appklejack.

img-3665136-2-full.gif

Or Rarity, I guess.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think it's actually going to happen, but I'd like to see one or two of the CMC get their cutie mark(s) before the other one(s) do(es). More specifically, I'd like to see Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo get their cutie marks before Apple Bloom. After all, they were friends before they met Apple Bloom, so it would make sense that they'd be closer to each other than to Apple Bloom. 

• Brohoof 1

Since season 5 was confirmed, I was thinking, what are my predictions?

2. The rest of mane six would become princesses.

Eh, I am pretty sure, to the degree that I'd wager money on it, that this will never happen. The more the series goes on, the less likely this seems by an overwhelming degree.

large.jpg

8. Mane 6 will be secretly related some how

With Pinkie and AJ being hinted to being related from last season, its already 1/3 true more or less XD

I don't know about that one, I mean Sunset Shimmer was hugely important (if not more so then Starlight) and she still isn't the seventh member (and they don't appear to have intentions to give her such a role). 

I'd disagree there, at least for equestria girls. Sunset shimmer seems to be eclipsing the others in importance as the central figure of the EQG universe, if the new shorts and RR is anything to by.

I wouldn't be surprised if they altered the upcoming Human twilight's personality to make her less of a leader/central individual so sunset can remain the central character of that series.

I want to see another episode like "Three's Company" where mane six members other than Fluttershy and Twilight have to spend time with Discord.

img-3665136-1-534062__safe_rainbow%20das

And, of course, when I say "mane six members",

I mean Appklejack.

img-3665136-2-full.gif

Or Rarity, I guess.

Agreed! I LOVED AJ's reaction to Discord in that episode; her no nonsense manner really worked well with him.

• Brohoof 1

I'd disagree there, at least for equestria girls. Sunset shimmer seems to be eclipsing the others in importance as the central figure of the EQG universe, if the new shorts and RR is anything to by.

I wouldn't be surprised if they altered the upcoming Human twilight's personality to make her less of a leader/central individual so sunset can remain the central character of that series.

I think Sunset is supposed to be a secondary character, Twilight is still clearly the leader and is the most developed, not to mention there is a good chance that friendship games could be the last in the series (at least for quite some time).