Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

There is sense in retconning one thing with retconning everything, I mean the undo thing, at the end of South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut which when Kenny made his wish for everything to go back the way it was before the horrible war between USA & Canada started. Heck, I have seen that movie on TV about multiple times!

Undoing such a massives change like the CMC getting their marks, and essentially reseting the show, is a good way to turn off your droves of viewers

Edited by Megas75

Why do you want the CMC to be blank flanks?

In the matter of a fact, yes I do actually. I mean, I felt disappointed when they got their marks, that should've not happened in the show. For a second thought, they DID look better as Blank Flanks after all, because of their attempts to get their cutie marks! That is my main reason for the CMC, they were my favourite characters on this show!

In the matter of a fact, yes I do actually. I mean, I felt disappointed when they got their marks, that should've not happened in the show. For a second thought, they DID look better as Blank Flanks after all, because of their attempts to get their cutie marks! That is my main reason for the CMC, they were my favourite characters on this show!

I guess the only logical way for them to have never gotten their cutie marks in the first place is if they were never allowed to grow and learn for as long as the show would run. Waiting for over 100 episodes is one thing, but 150-200 would be ridiculous. In fact, if they kept on spending their lives crusading, they'd probably never realize they were meant to help others with their cutie marks; if their true talents were things like building, singing and scootering, they probably would've gotten their marks last season. In a way, having the crusaders keep crusading for the entire show's run everyone else around them would grow and achieve their goals is kind of tragic when you think about it. Not to say they shouldn't have begun crusading, for it ultimately led to their realization.

• Brohoof 3

I guess the only logical way for them to have never gotten their cutie marks in the first place is if they were never allowed to grow and learn for as long as the show would run. Waiting for over 100 episodes is one thing, but 150-200 would be ridiculous. In fact, if they kept on spending their lives crusading, they'd probably never realize they were meant to help others with their cutie marks; if their true talents were things like building, singing and scootering, they probably would've gotten their marks last season. In a way, having the crusaders keep crusading for the entire show's run everyone else around them would grow and achieve their goals is kind of tragic when you think about it. Not to say they shouldn't have begun crusading, for it ultimately led to their realization.

Yes, that is the point of course. They almost went their own separate ways by disbanding. I was depressed because of the CMC! Once they got their marks, they're no longer Crusaders. To be frank to myself, my hopes for an CMC spinoff is not dead yet! The whole Cutie Marked CMC controversy, is just the beginning!

Edited by MAIKUN

Yes, that is the point of course. They almost went their own separate ways by disbanding. I was depressed because of the CMC! Once they got their marks, they're no longer Crusaders. To be frank to myself, my hopes for an CMC spinoff is not dead yet! The whole Cutie Marked CMC controversy, is just the beginning!

But they didn't disband. They're Cutie Mark Crusaders for life now. Only this time, they're not crusading for their cutie marks; they're crusading for other ponies cutie marks, which is exactly what many of us have expected to happen in the event the CMC ever got their marks. Perhaps they'll even expand their club to let other children join. And not just blank flanks, but all sorts of ponies having trouble with their cutie marks like Trouble Shoes and Diamond Tiara did. They may even turn the CMC into an Equestria-wide movement when they grow up. Is that so depressing?

Edited by immblueversion

Well, the synopsis for the S5 finale has been revealed...Let's see now: "Princess Twilight's efforts to stop Starlight from altering the past continue, but she fears that they may be in vain." (GASPS) GREAT SCOTT!! This could be the worse possible thing in the history of Equestria! Let's hope the S5 finale would end with an cliffhanger, which means that they will have no choice, but to restore the timeline in Season 6. Will this affect the CMC with their marks causing them to be Blank Flanks?

Edited by MAIKUN

Will this affect the CMC with their marks causing them to be Blank Flanks?

With all due respect, it's really time to let it go MAIKUN. You should just accept the fact that the CMC have now cutie marks. At this point it's not a matter of liking it or hating it. It's a matter of accepting it and just going on with your life.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the synopsis for the S5 finale has been revealed...Let's see now: "Princess Twilight's efforts to stop Starlight from altering the past continue, but she fears that they may be in vain." (GASPS) GREAT SCOTT!! This could be the worse possible thing in the history of Equestria! Let's hope the S5 finale would end with an cliffhanger, which means that they will have no choice, but to restore the timeline in Season 6. Will this affect the CMC with their marks causing them to be Blank Flanks?

That's nice, dear. Now, let's ask ourselves: wouldn't it be simpler if the timeline simply went back to what it was when the S5 finale began, instead of being either partially or completely reset? If the writers moved Princess Twilight from the middle of EG3 to the end with Human Twilight just to make it less confusing on which Twilight is which (even though you can still easily tell them apart), I think it'd be far more likely if the writers picked the storytelling route that would raise fewer questions here.

Edited by immblueversion

You know I've got one ambiguous question: Are Pinkie Pie and Applejack really cousins? If so or NOT. It was never actually confirmed and perhaps they accept each other as "Framily"(Friends + Family = Framily).

I'm actually really excited for "What About Discord?" No, not because of the plot. The main reason I'm excited for that episode is the fact that the plot summary says that Twilight has returned from a visit in Canterlot. I really want to see more of Twilight's Canterlot friends because...this may sound totally weird but I think the Canterlot Six (Twilight, Moon Dancer, Lyra, Lemon Hearts, Minuette and Twinkleshine) are a little more interesting to both see, hear and write about. Yes, I just said that. 

I know that's probably not a very good reason to be excited but hey, everyone has their own wishes, right? 

I'm actually really excited for "What About Discord?" No, not because of the plot. The main reason I'm excited for that episode is the fact that the plot summary says that Twilight has returned from a visit in Canterlot. I really want to see more of Twilight's Canterlot friends because...this may sound totally weird but I think the Canterlot Six (Twilight, Moon Dancer, Lyra, Lemon Hearts, Minuette and Twinkleshine) are a little more interesting to both see, hear and write about. Yes, I just said that. 

I know that's probably not a very good reason to be excited but hey, everyone has their own wishes, right? 

It's also occurred to me that Twilight may have gone to Canterlot to spend time with her friends, given the tight continuity within season 5 alone (I mean, Rarity's new boutique was in two episodes in a row). However, since the focus of the plot is on Twilight after her trip, it's best to expect a mention at most.

I kinda hope that Discord is unaffected by the timeline changing due to being Master of Chaos and all, and that he and the CMC somehow are vital to the plot, maybe even show a good side of Chrysalis?

So, Discord befriends the others in just three days? That seems reasonable enough for someone to legitimately make a friend. But this is Discord we're talking about. With a snap of his fingers, he could switch anyone to his side in less than a second. Twilight's gonna have a field day trying to figure this one out. But I hope it won't boil down to either a simple "Twilight's right" or "Twilight's wrong" ending, or worse, "Twilight seems right/wrong at first but turns out not to be"; I've already had my fill of that with "A Canterlot Wedding". Let's just say I have my own idea on how things might turn out...

Edited by immblueversion

I just read the preview synopsis for "What About Discord" and I'M SO EXCITED. This is everything I ever wanted! :D Hopes are WAY up. Please, don't disappoint....

I just want to see Discord as part of a buddy cop comedy with Applejack

Let's just face it: What IF the Mane Six didn't restore the timeline and be able to defeat Starlight Glimmer? Good question, but when it comes to my theory, this would be resolved in S6 due to an Cliffhanger in the upcoming S5 finale if you ask me. I mean, this is like X-Men: Days of Future Past and Terminator Genisys and The Flash in here, except, the next season would be darker and edgier like Kingdom Hearts. Heck, I have watched the cutscenes on YouTube too!

What's gonna happen to the things that they've done in the past, the future of the CMC and Starlight's defeat/redemption? I mean what about her revenge plan to take over Equestria? I bet Sunset Shimmer would appear in this episode BUT this time by helping the Mane 6, the point is: Will they have to re-get their cutie marks and re-defeat all the villains again? Really?

Edited by MAIKUN

Probably, Twilight and her friends going all across Equestria solving friendship problems, making new bonds, and rebuilding friendships along the way. Perhaps the Background ponies would play a much better role in the finale, and that it would show the values of individuality and how everypony is a leader of his/her own destiny. 

Were you correct? :o Did the ending go as you suspected?

Not quite. I knew Twilight would end up thinking Discord put her friends under a spell, but instead of getting an introspective on Twilight's self-destructive thoughts for the sake of being a good role model, I predicted that Discord would reveal he used his magic just to convince the Mane Six to give him a chance to be friends, since they didn't seem to fond to be around him before despite his genuine reformation.

But that prediction was based on what we knew about the episode's plot at the time, when we thought the main conflict would be Twilight figuring out what Discord did to her friends.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's nearly upon us. Next week is our big special guest appearance from Lena Hall, and (unless I'm mistaken) AKR's final outing on the show. I was kind of expecting to see a promo for it during today's episode like they did with Weird Al's appearance in Pinkie Pride, but I suppose not. Still, we've got a whole week ahead of us. And I know we can expect a promo for the season finale soon...