Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feature Length MLP Movie Announced For 2017!

EquestriaGuy

• 11 months later...

I just really hope there isn't too much hype for this. As we've seen for Titanfall & Destiny, hype can otherwise kill something that is at least decent.

Regardless, I'm quite intrigued about this.

Hype never killed anything Pathfinder. ;)

Point duly taken.

--- Yes, I know this is an old thread. ---

I think it really has a lot to do with individual mindsets.  For some people, getting hyped for something might make their experience lesser quality if expectations are not met.

But, for other people, getting hyped might not affect their experience one way or the other.

And furthermore, for people like myself, getting hyped may actually make the experience better no matter what.  I don't abide by the correlation of mixing expectations with my experience, or well, I do my best not to anyway.  9 times out of 10, getting hyped has allowed my experiences to be better whether the quality was above-par or sub-par.  

Though I do believe one's own natural disposition greatly affects this, like whether you are an optimist, an idealist, a realist, or a pessimist.

I'm an idealist  :smug: ...

---

By the way, you should look at what I said in this here post of mine.

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

i would say this i belive we can make it after season 7 becouse we got a year and a half so which means we got 2 more seasons then a movie unless they shortened 7 and had a 8th season for some reason...but im pretty sure after season 6 or 7 will be the movie we still got a long way to go lol.

ITS ABOUT TIME WE GOT A PONY MOVIE THAT ISN'T EQUESTRIA GIRLS. And 2017? What's with that? EQG 5 will be put by then!

Still wondering how much they can squeeze out of that series premise. The universe of Equestria girls is inherently parasitic in that all the catalysts for the movie's problems MUST by neccessity come from the Equestria universe: magic doesn't exist in the human world so the problem to make the movies interesting always comes from something from the pony universe.

Unless they want to depict the pony universe as a leaky sieve that's constantly crapping magic into the human universe, they'll need to find a way to make magical problems "self sustaining" in the human universe so antagonists and problems can emerge purely from the Human universe independent of the pony one.

We'll see how it does at the BO.

It's already got a set back because I think Hasbro were drinking when planning the movies release date (it's being released the same day as the new thor movie (the justice league movie also comes out later that month)). 

• 8 months later...

I hope you're right, I fear they're going to try a different animation.

I hope to God not! Not that I have anything against CGI, it's just that I can't picture CGI working well for this series. Granted, I have seen some very well done CGI animations from the fandom, but I personally prefer the 2D animation from the show. Hence, why I hope to God that this film isn't going to be done in CGI, but from what I've heard and seen from Equestria Daily, it looks like it is. *shudders*