Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Is The Other Girl Who Ran Against Sunset Shimmer?

velociraptor24

Actually, it's implied that it may have been Rarity.

If you listen at the end of the first EQG movie, when Twilight gets the others to befriend Sunset and Rarity brings up something "We could forget about the debaucle" or something along those lines. I also read somewhere that they were planning on directly naming Rarity at one point, but that idea was scrapped for time. Can't confirm that for canon and I can't remember where I saw that, unfortunately.

• Brohoof 5

@ghostfacekiller39 is right. 

When Twilight is talking with Fluttershy in cafeteria. 

Act 2

Fluttershy: (Off Screen.) She’ll make life awful for anyone who stands in her way.

(Cut to frame all three; now Twilight gets one added to her lunch.)

Fluttershy: (walking o.s., Twilight following) Just ask the girl who ran against her for Princess of the Spring Fling. (Twilight hurries to catch up as Fluttershy crosses the room.)

Just before Twilight leaves

Twilight: You’ll look out for her, won’t you?

(Cut to the ruined front entrance, where Sunset stands alone and rests her hands on the exposed, broken stonework.)

Rarity: (Off Screen.) Of course we will. (Back to her and Twilight.) Although I do expect some sort of apology for last spring’s debacle.

Twilight: (Off Screen.) I have a feeling she’ll be handing out a lot of apologies.

The answer is Rarity. :D

• Brohoof 4

Funny thing ... I didn't catch this until I saw ghosts reply. I had to go digging because I was all "No, that has to be fannon or bad writing".

This series still manages to amaze me sometimes. 

Funny thing ... I didn't catch this until I saw ghosts reply. I had to go digging because I was all "No, that has to be fannon or bad writing".

This series still manages to amaze me sometimes. 

You may be amazed, but it makes me wish someone would take a sledgehammer to the back of Sunset's skull :please:

Different strokes for different folks :derp:

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was no one since Sunset Shimmer acted surprised at the very idea of being challenged when Pinkie Pie announced Twilight's entry as if she's never had competition before. That movie makes no sense. I'm sure it contradicts itself dozens of times.