Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crushes, stories and stuff

iceestarz

Let's be serious, when it comes to having crushes it's probably the birth of some of the most awkward and not so graceful of moments.

We all have had a crush at one point or another, hopefully.

I haven't had one in quite a while, but about 3 years ago I was totally crushing over this guy. He was a grade ahead of me, I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. We were both in JROTC, we were all outside running in formation. He was running right next to me, so I was paying attention to him instead of the ground and what was ahead of me. I ended up not noticing a hole and practically face planted on the asphalt. -_-

• Brohoof 10

First Skype call I ever had with my girlfriend, back when we were just friends. I met her here on the forums, so I had no idea what she even sounded like. I really wanted to talk to her though, so I eventually got her to do a call. Nothing particularly embarrassing happened. Just a lot of silence and awkward laughing lol.

• Brohoof 4

Well I liked this girl at primary school, and at the time Titanic was the film on everybodies mind.

And there’s that scene where Leonardo Di Capri draws Kate Winslet in the nude, and I drew this girl I liked a present inspired by the film of her with no clothes on.

My drawing talent has never been anything, and back then it was far worse and she said she was going to tell on me to the teacher.

I did once kiss her though when playing spin the bottle, I rather enjoyed that.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Well I liked this girl at primary school, and at the time Titanic was the film on everybodies mind.

And there’s that scene where Leonardo Di Capri draws Kate Winslet in the nude, and I drew this girl I liked a present inspired by the film of her with no clothes on.

My drawing talent has never been anything, and back then it was far worse and she said she was going to tell on me to the teacher.

Ohmygods. That is just priceless. :P

Spin the bottle...is it sad that I've never played it? I've played plenty of truth or dare though. Although the dares were never "kiss so and so" it was always something like "lick peanut butter off so and so's arm." Or "chew a huge wad of gum made up of chewed up gum from everyone in the room." ._.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 4

Ohmygods. That is just priceless. :P

Spin the bottle...is it sad that I've never played it? I've played plenty of truth or dare though. Although the dares were never "kiss so and so" it was always something like "lick peanut butter off so and so's arm." Or "chew a huge wad of gum made up of chewed up gum from everyone in the room." ._.

I don’t think it’s sad you’ve never played spin the bottle, I only ever played that once and truth or dare is more fun.

Chewing everyone elses chewing gum sounds a bit gross :D but free peanut butter sounds nice :)

• Brohoof 3

I don’t think it’s sad you’ve never played spin the bottle, I only ever played that once and truth or dare is more fun.

Chewing everyone elses chewing gum sounds a bit gross :D but free peanut butter sounds nice :)

I was just thankful I didn't have to chew the gum, although my friends did make me well uh...lick a tire. Like a car tire. Yeah. That was pretty gross :nom:

I can't even remember half the dares we did, but I dared one of my friends to drink a cup full of hot sauce. It was hilarious, up until the point where I forgot she was lactose intolerant. She pretty much was hunched over the toilet for an hour, never quite forgave me for that one. :P

• Brohoof 3

First, all my chances at being romantically involved with girls have failed miserably. By that I mean, I've been cheated on and lied to every single time. So....yeah sad story and all that. Lots of tears and heartbreak on my side, but oh well.

Now to the happy subject of hotsauce and dares lol. Me and 2 of my friends did a manly hotsauce challenge of manliness lol. See who was the toughest, I won surprisingly. We also mixed hotsauce and coffee....some of us were hugging toilet seats like they were our best friends. One of em kept drinking hotsauce straight out of the bottle though even though he had initially lost. I think his taste buds had already died though... .3.

• Brohoof 3

Surprisingly, I'm a heartthrob amongst the social outcasts of my school. And one of the people who like me, we'll just call her Stacy, knew how much I lived anime. So she kept drawing me little manga strips and we sat there and watched anime during study hall. It was one of the sweetest things someone has ever done for me.

• Brohoof 2

VinylShadow and I met through a group chat... never intended on getting crushes on each other, but figured we'd see about bonding with each other for the sake of the group, for everyone to get along~

we interacted so much with each other, that we started looking forward to seeing each other every day... I felt it, he felt it... we'd look for each other literally and be bored when the other was gone... 

it's like that these days~ when I'm gone for any reason, he misses me, when he's gone, I don't always feel complete~

I think though when we felt we were searching for each other every day, eager to have each others' company, that was probably when the crush phase of our relationship took place~ ^/////^

• Brohoof 3

It was my first day of high school.  I was lost and I saw the most beautiful guy ever.  and so I played the 'help me i'm lost' card, and he showed me where my class was.  and i kept finding excuses to be around him, but i never really talked to him, because i was too shy.  and then one day i wrote out this long embarrassing love note and gave it to him.  and while i was handing it to him, no words would come out of my mouth and i was shaking and turning red and about to pass out.  and then i ran off.  and then he never talked to me again. so i just admired from afar, and a few years later, i found out he was gay.   :(  and then my heart died.  

That is the cutest thing I've ever read.  ROFL

• Brohoof 5

I first got a crush on last June, I believe. :) There wasn't a specific moment when I realized that I wanted to like him as more than a friend, but we were becoming so much closer and so it just sorta happened. :squee:

I can't say that I've gotten very many real life crushes, which is probably because I'm pretty shy in real life, especially when it comes to making friends with guys. I'm the kind of person who can only get a crush on someone if they're really sweet and kind to me and show that they care about me, and if I feel comfortable around them and stuff. :P:)

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 4

Sophomore year I had a huge crush on this girl named Katelyn from my school.

She was a grade below me, so I had hardly known she existed up until that year. I remember she piqued my interest when I heard others always saying mean things about her - I'm just weird like that - but what made me fall on my face for her was this funny little story.

I had made a bet with a friend earlier that day and had won a dollar. This was in baseball season, mind you, and I was still a player and was afforded the benefits of wearing my baseball sweats to class. Thing about these sweats is that they lacked pockets...so I had nowhere to put my dollar. I just folded it up and stuck it behind my ear.

Well, thing about it being behind my ear is that it wasn't secure...it fell when I was walking to class and I didn't even know it. Lo and behold, there she was, tapping on my shoulder with my dollar in her hand.

It was a magical moment, really. Only the type of thing you see in movies, no doubt. I just...dunno. I got so excited I actually kept that dollar behind my ear for a few months, occasionally spraying it with my cologne to keep it from getting smelly.

I tried talking to her every now and again, but I was just rebuffed. She had no interest in me, but I guess I just couldn't take a hint.

I wrote her a poem and gave it to her one day. I was so nervous heading up there I had not only opted out of doing it several times from fear, but I had my friends go over there with me. I gave it to her, and was so nervous my heart felt like it was about to explode and I was visibly shaking. It was scary, really, but I did it.

I guess I just wasn't what she was looking for. Even after that display, she wouldn't give me the time of day. I was heartbroken.

I must've done a lot wrong. I am no expert on people and often have trouble forming friendships, let alone relationships. No doubt I went wrong in several places, but it's been over two years now and I still can't help but wonder what could've been with her.

• Brohoof 6

usually someone I crush on is someone who is a lot like me quiet, a hard worker, and funny and usually something happens to completely put me in a huge state of depression weather it be friend zoned, I was too slow to tell them how I felt, or their religion got in the way

as of now there is one girl who I like named Lorrisa but I don't know her well enough other then she sits next to me by choice in English 12 I talk to her sometimes but its only when she talks to me, I want to at least befriend her but it would be awkward especially this late in the year if I introduced myself *sigh* I wish I had the same confidence as my internet self does

• Brohoof 1

There was one incident that really hurt me in high school, but I try not to remember it. There was another that I think we had a mutual crush.

On the last day of grade 12, after a scene that could have been lifted from one of those corny soap operas, we hugged. It might not mean anything to you, but that was the only one I gave in all my years of high school out of possibly three that was genuine.

• Brohoof 3

Ok... I've had way too many of these experiences but I'll share a particularly ridiculous one.

So at college, I crushed on this girl who I sat next to for 2 years in my tutor group. Despite our proximity, I could never bring myself to talk to her, just listen in as she interacted with her girlfriends to her other side (needless to say, I knew a lot about her this way xD ) Anyways, my friend had a birthday party and to my surprise, invited my crush. I freaked as I never told my friends I liked her, nor did I have any idea they knew each other.

Unfortunately for me, she came right up to my friend and I to wish her a happy birthday. My friend asked if we knew each other, for some unknown reason...trying to seem aloof/casual etc. I was like "no, whats your name?", she replied "Catherine? We sit next to each other every day?" My reply? "Thats cool, is your name spelled with a C or a K?" When she told me it was a C, I said that was my favourite kind XD

My friend had left us to enjoy her party, which freaked me out even more, by now I was sweating crazily. I wanted to keep talking to her but I had no idea how to, I thought it would be good to talk about her interests. Sooooo..... I asked her what her favourite subject was, when she replied with geography... I thought I had to seal the deal. So, for the next 15/20 minutes, I didn't stop talking about my issues with six figure grid references, contour lines, symbols etc. on maps. I even asked what was her favourite symbols: the little church ones or the windmill? XD I knew it was ridiculous but I was desperate to keep the conversation going so I gave her the most awkward map discussion of her life in a bar/club XD My friends eventually asked me to come join them, they told me they had been watching the entire time and decided to put an end to both mine and Catherine's suffering XD

This whole story just gave me a great laugh. Waking up to this was the best.

Oh jeez, map talk. That's hilarious :P I don't think I would be able to suffer at the point, maybe from laughing over the topic I might suffer from a cramping stomach. Sounds like an interesting topic xD

• Brohoof 2

On 10/21/2014 at 0:19 PM, Cupcakes14 said:

This whole story just gave me a great laugh. Waking up to this was the best.

Oh jeez, map talk. That's hilarious :P I don't think I would be able to suffer at the point, maybe from laughing over the topic I might suffer from a cramping stomach. Sounds like an interesting topic xD

My friends still like to remind me about this, they said it was like Ross talking about gas in Friends :lol: 

I don't know if I have ever had one I'm not sure. Maybe, but I'm not sure whether it is or not that would make it awkward. Still I don't know I might have a crush on someone. Though I'm not sure how to tell really I mean it seems that way. It's online so no funny stories really.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

In school, I once opened a can of soda during recess and then put it down in my pocket, buttoms up, when a girl I found interesting walked by. Such failure.  :fiery:

Well my my dad saw me watching a video about a series of clips involving people's heads getting crushed, so that was one of the most akward and DEFINETLY un-gracefull things in my life.

Edit: Did I mention it was on 4chan's /b/ board?

Edited by A goat
  • Brohoof 5

I've never had a crush. ...ever. Yeah, I've just never been all that interested in that sort of thing.

@@A goat,

You're my hero. 

• Brohoof 1

To say I've had some awkward moments as a result of having romantic feelings for someone would be a tremendous understatement. At least I can laugh about it after the fact. 

One example would be from about 6 years ago back in 6th grade. I had feelings for a certain girl back then, and I was walking home with her from school. We would reach a point where we go separate ways to go to our individual houses. She had crossed the street at that point, and I decided that was the ideal moment to inform her of my feelings. "I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU!" I yelled out heartily across the road, causing her to stop in her tracks. After a pause, "BYE!" she yelled enthusiastically in response. I felt beyond embarrassed. I looked behind me, and there was a dude walking his dog who was just staring at me in amazement. Nothing romantic ever happened between her and I, but we remained friends. 

I'd like to say such awkward situations are a thing of the past for me, but I still grapple with such things today. In the present, I have substantial feelings for a certain woman. I haven't told her about it and I don't know if/when I will due to various factors, so I just try to talk to her when the opportunity arises and when things happen in a way that make it easier for me in light of my fear in such situations. I was talking to her a few weeks ago, and doing so at least somewhat satisfactorily. She wanted to show me a book she thought was cute, and for some reason in that moment my nerves got the better of me and I croaked out "what is it" in the most screechy way possible. My voice is normally very deep, but in this moment it was like I had gone back in time to 5th grade and my voice cracked like furious lightning. If she noticed, she didn't care. Or, at least she didn't show that she did. She just came over to me and showed me the book. I then proceeded to remark politely and with genuine interest on what she was showing me, and my voice had regained its manliness. 

And, this isn't the first time I've had such problems around her. Part of me is exasperated for making myself as unattractive as possible when I do things like this, but another part of me remembers the fact that I'm an imperfect human. If she expected me to be a perfect 100% confident alpha male all the time, she's not for me anyway. 

If she notices or minds at all, she never lets on. She's a really nice person, and even if nothing romantic ever happens I'm happy just to know her to be quite honest. Such a breath of fresh air after being used to being surrounded by largely inconsiderate people in certain other situations.

Edit: I didn't include this originally, but there's also someone online I might have feelings for. So that's another reason for me not approaching her about this -- I haven't made a final decision about who exactly I have feels for.

• Brohoof 8

I've had two crushes in my life.

One in elementary school, and one in highschool.

In elementary school, there was this boy named Edward. I thought he was cute. And he liked Pokémon! But then one of my friends told him that I liked him. The news spread to the entire class. So he just basically said: "I don't even think she's cute." Aw man, that was so awkward for both parties.

My highschool crush.. His name was Bryan. He was really handsome and nice. We had a lot of common interests and joked around a lot with each other. And when he hugged me, I always felt he lingered a bit longer than he should have. I was too shy to ever tell him my feels though. And he ended up getting a girlfriend. Which is very good for him. :squee:

• Brohoof 3