Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Describe some times when you've cried

ShintX

I just feel like whenever i get tears, i just feel like i should be more thankful and grateful to others, or too do my best to not be rude or to try and be helpful and kind.

It just leaves a lump of bitterness whenever i feel sad. And i regret things i've done and wish to become a better person to everyone, and show how much i appreciate everything they do for me.

• Brohoof 5

I haven't cried for years; mostly because there's nothing worth crying about. I remain positive and optimistic about everything - crying is but a waste of time in my world. When i'll finally run out of time, when i don't have anything left to do - then i'll let the dams break and cry like a baby. Until then - my eyes are dry.

• Brohoof 1

Well yeah, lots of times. Plenty when I was little, but not as much as I got older.

As for what made me cry, I feel that's more important than when.

Usually it was at a time of great emotional investment to the point it was simply overwhelming. I tear up a little when I hear very beautiful rendition's of the national anthem, for instance. Not when I'm purposefully looking for them though. I feel like then it's because I'm already bracing myself emotionally.

Another time was when reading Fallout: Equestria, damn that book had some tearjerkers. Really all kinds of emotional highs. Great sadness, great anger, and soaring relief. My cry came during Littlepip's moment in the story that I've begun to call the "take this cup from me" phase.

Unlike the refusal of the call, which happens near the beginning of the story, "take this cup from me" comes near the end. This is where the hero has endured so much, is so pained and exhausted by it all, and yet their duty still demands more sacrifice of them, maybe the ultimate sacrifice. What makes the hero though is, they beg, they protest, they're certainly angry about it all being so unfair to them who's done so much, but they still go through with it.

Other examples:

-The Tenth Doctor "He will knock four times."

-Optimus Prime during Age of Extinction

-Of course, the Big Man Himself right before the Romans took Him away.

Lastly was at Bronycon during the Bronypalooza. It was my first and to be surrounded by everything that had become such a part of my life and outlook. It was all too much. They were tears of joy of course.

Edited by Steel Accord

I actually can't remember something in a movie or an event last made me tear up, I do remember times where I was upset where I had to cry really hard but that's because those things happen to all of us.

Real men don't cry, so I cry often.

You almost made me spit tea all over my keyboard.

This... is the perfect response. It's pretty true. The last time I cried was while reading Past Sins. There were a few moments that had me tearing up. Just about every Twilight/Nyx scene was either too sad or too happy for me to be able to read.

• Brohoof 1

Crying is a normal thing. It's kind of funny the norm right now is that men don't cry, when centuries ago men were actually expected to cry when something bad happened to their comrade or family.

Society is a fickle thing

• Brohoof 3

I had a small piece in a bark in my eye when I was in elementry school, and that made me cry for some reason. That's the only moment I'm comfortable telling on a public forum.

I haven't cried for years; mostly because there's nothing worth crying about. I remain positive and optimistic about everything - crying is but a waste of time in my world. When i'll finally run out of time, when i don't have anything left to do - then i'll let the dams break and cry like a baby. Until then - my eyes are dry.

Oh how I wish it was the same with me. :maud:

I'm at the point where I know my father is going to pass away in the next few years, so I've had a few dreams where he's been dying in my arms, and I'll wake up sobbing. That guy means everything to me, and I know I'm going to be bedridden for weeks when it finally happens. 

I haven't cried in a long time. I probably haven't cried for a whole year. Trust me, I want to, but I can't for some reason.

I often feel like I want to cry, but nothing happens.  For most people, it requires a strong catalyst.  I know it's that way for me.  I tend to feel things pretty deeply, and a lot of things touch me emotionally in a strong way, but I've never been much in the tears dept.  A lot of things have made me get a little misty eyed, but I've only really cried, like the whole physical reaction and tears rolling down, a small handful of times in my life.  I cried all three times I've moved (once at 7 years old, again at 9, and then once more at 24).  Leaving a home behind is always hard.  I cried when my equine friend, Strawberry, died.  Lastly, I cried at the end of My Little Dashie.  That last one seems kinda silly when you compare it to those real life events, but it's true.  That kind of crying feels good, as well.  Kind of a beautiful emotional release.

Oh, and before I go, one other thing:

Real men don't cry, so I cry often. Over little things, bad things, sweet things and many things.

I used to believe this, but I changed my opinion when I was balling for days after my university degree turned out to be the worst thing in the world ! :x

(I'm not even sure liquid pride can be used in this situation :s)

I haven't cried in a long time. I probably haven't cried for a whole year. Trust me, I want to, but I can't for some reason.

Yeah I can understand and feel for you :/

Sometimes its a great release to be able to cry, and often when I want to I can't manage it either :x!

• Brohoof 1

I have a real soft spot for family. My own, and others, so I have found myself shedding tears at different occasions where something happens in said family. Like someone dies, one disappears, a family breaks up, and so on. I oddly don't cry at anything else.

I cry too much for my own good. :/ Works of fiction can't make me cry, but I always get tears in my eyes when people do something to upset me... I'm just so sensitive so even the smallest things can make me cry. :(

Other examples include my father's death and the time my boyfriend broke up with me.

By the way; in regards to my previous post i don't feel like crying is something shaming. I just feel like it's something best reserved to do when you've nothing left, you know? Like, i'd much rather spend whatever time i have to overcome my issues and overcome whatever saddens me.