Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory About Octavia's Voice in Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

DJShy

2 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support my theory about Octavia's voice in Equestria?

• Yes
    • No

Before you read this, please know that this will contain a spoiler about 'Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks'. I don't think this is necessary, as I consider this common knowledge, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. But, I don't want this to be deleted for not putting this spoiler in, so better safe than sorry.

Anyways, onward to the theory:

If there is anything we can learn from the mane 6, movie and show, it's that ponies from Canterlot High and Equestria sound the same. So, in that sense, though the power of motion pictures, we bronies have discovered what Octavia sounds like within Equestria. At least, EG's Equestria, but they are pretty much the same thing.

On a personal note, though, I am horrible with separating accepts, so I have no idea where Octavia would be from if from the real world. Also, I would have rathered hear what Vinyl Scratch sounds like than Octavia, but I'll take what I can get.

But what about you? What do you think Octavia sound's like? Do you support my theory about her voice? Did I really need that spoiler? Please, let me know what you think.

Edited by DJ Shy-3

Well, no one in the human world sounds different than their pony counterparts, well, maybe Principal Celestia, who lacks the motherly tone of her alicorn counterpart, but that's understandable for a less personal treatment with her students. However, I don't expect pony Octavia sounding any different than her human counterpart, so I expect her to have the her British accent too. As far as we know, Trottingham ponies might speak in a British accent, but the only pony who supports that fact so far it's Pips, but it's the most we have so far. So, with the evidence we currently have about Equestria, Octy might be from Trottingham, but I repeat, there's actual little evidence supporting my theory

I've seen a lot of recent fan works since Rainbow Rocks came out that suggested Octavia's accent was Cockney (London East End), but really, it's a little too mild for that I think. I'm thinking it's more Yorkshire.

She sounds like a higher pitched version of Rarity. Basically a transatlantic accent with a touch of a squeak.  It makes sense since she was voiced by Rarity's singing VA. It also makes show sense ... she is seen playing high class elite gatherings. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I never heard Octavia's voice or Background pony's voice. How is this my life. 

Like Main sixes in Equestria, voices are ALLL same in da human world. Did Twilight's voice change?

Well, no one in the human world sounds different than their pony counterparts, well, maybe Principal Celestia, who lacks the motherly tone of her alicorn counterpart, but that's understandable for a less personal treatment with her students. However, I don't expect pony Octavia sounding any different than her human counterpart, so I expect her to have the her British accent too. As far as we know, Trottingham ponies might speak in a British accent, but the only pony who supports that fact so far it's Pips, but it's the most we have so far. So, with the evidence we currently have about Equestria, Octy might be from Trottingham, but I repeat, there's actual little evidence supporting my theory

Speaking of Principal, I wonder how MY school principal looks like as a pony. 

Edited by BronyAssassin

I've seen a lot of recent fan works since Rainbow Rocks came out that suggested Octavia's accent was Cockney (London East End), but really, it's a little too mild for that I think. I'm thinking it's more Yorkshire.

Yeah, Cockney was what I was thinking because it seemed to have a bit of an Eliza Doolittle quality to it, but as I live in the US, I'm not overly familiar with the subtleties of British accents.

Here's a clip of her line by the way

Yeah, Cockney was what I was thinking because it seemed to have a bit of an Eliza Doolittle quality to it, but as I live in the US, I'm not overly familiar with the subtleties of British accents.

Here's a clip of her line by the way

Yay thanks for posting this vid.