Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What cartoons do you think are underated?

Alex Z

Might have to go with Phineas and Ferb though I think it's popular. Might be a bit too skiddish for most folks but it entertains me greatly XD, I remember chalkzone i think isn't that the show with Penny?

EDIT: Amazing World of Gumball is my new answer.

Edited by oPinkeroo4Uo

Megas XLR, Motorcity and Catscratch should've lasted way longer than it did

Edited by Ghost Nappa

Shows that were short lived and had more story potential. Hence, Megas XLR, Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad, Dave the Barbarian, and Class of 3000.

Slightly newer shows that got a lot of hate because they are "New" and "Stupid". Even though you can apply the reasons they use to older shows. Hence, Chowder, Gumball, and Clearence. 

• Brohoof 1

Shows that were short lived and had more story potential. Hence, Megas XLR, Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad, Dave the Barbarian, and Class of 3000.

Slightly newer shows that got a lot of hate because they are "New" and "Stupid". Even though you can apply the reasons they use to older shows. Hence, Chowder, Gumball, and Clearence. 

Amazing World of Gumball is Amazing, that's gotta be my new answer. Thank you for reminding me.

• Brohoof 1

Some of those cartoons really aren't underrated and are well liked but THAT PINKIE PICTURE IS SO ADORABLE!

> I guess I just mentioned the ones I think deserved more attention when they came out and now too. And underrated doesn't mean it isn't famous... I just think they deserved much more love <3

(I agree with the Pinkie gif, tho)

Edited by xOkamii
  • Brohoof 1

Digimon.  Everyone is so worked up by Pokemon.  Digimon had a way better story (Seasons 1-3 at least), more interesting characters and a real adventure.  Pokemon is just slavery and dog fighting mixed with an OCD compulsion for "catching them all".  

• Brohoof 1

Robot and Monster. It never seems to be brought up. And in my opinion, it's easily the best show ever. 

Also, I'd say Fish Hooks is pretty underrated. I don't like it, but I do believe it's above average and not deserving of it's hate.

I agree, new SpongeBob is mainly hated by people who just want to complain about things being better when they were kids. Whereas if you actually watch it, I think you'll find there are both shit and gems, but way more gems than most nostalgia-blind people would have you believe.

• Brohoof 1

Digimon in all of its seasons, I believe Digimon has better stories and development that Pokemon, I also like the fact that the Digimon are equal to their human partners, as opposed to Pokemon, that are used for legalised cock fighting, and legalised poaching. The human characters are also complex, with back stories and conflict that linked the main characters together, it is quite similar to MLP-FiM, a bond of friendship, with each other and their Digimon.

• Brohoof 1

-The Transformers: The Movie 1986 movie

-Transformers Prime (Season 2 and on, including Beast Hunters)

-Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2008-2014 series (Season 1 Finale and on)

-Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2003 series

-Adventure Time (Arguably hit or miss depending on audience and season, but deeper than most think when seeing it at face value)

-Chowder

-Amazing World of Gumball

-Young Justice (Biggest DC comics cartoon since Justice League: Unlimited)

-Justice League: Unlimited

-Hotel Transylvania

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)

Justice League/Unlimited: These two shows right here have some of the best character interaction that I have ever seen on TV.

Young Justice: So does this one

The Amazing World of Gumball: This show is flippin' hilarious. People just aren't giving it a fair chance.

• 5 years later...