Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Theme Song Tournament

More_Fluttershy

So, this is a little thing I thought of based on another forum site, and I thought, why not do it over here? So I did. Thus, I welcome you to... 

The Animated Theme Song Tournament 2014!!!

Basically, what it is is that you post a theme song here to "Nominate" it and then I will put it in the tournament. Voting will close when we reach 64 entries. The rest works like a bracket contest. Once the voting closes, another topic will be made for the actual game, and it will [hopefully] be updated daily with two songs completely at random. What you'll do is vote for the one you like better, and it will close once it's down to only 2 themes. And the winner will be determined! 

Rules:

1. This is THE most important rule. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE QUALITY OF THE SHOWS. ONLY THE THEME SONG WILL MATTER. 

For example, ​it's obvious that "Johnny Test" has been considered a terrible show by many. However, the intro is just awesome. Thus, I will gladly allow it in the tournament if someone nominates it. 

2. To make things more fair, I will not nominate or vote for any songs myself. I will only act as somewhat of a tiebreaker, and just pick the winner of each round when we reach the actual thing, and will only nominate entires if I become desperate. Besides, most of my favorites, at least I assume, will be nominated quickly. 

3. I AM DISQUALIFYING ALL ANIME. Why? They simply tend to be too awesome to include. On a more minor note, I have not seen any anime. 

4. There is a maximum of FIVE NOMINATIONS PER MEMBER. Also, PLEASE make sure each is in a separate post. This is subject to change if I become desperate. 

5. The intro to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will NOT be allowed to compete. This is because I think people will be biased and push it too far. And really, it kinda sucks. 

6. Foreign versions of theme songs will be permitted to compete, on specific circumstances. 

• If the American theme was already nominated, I will NOT allow foreign versions.
  • They must be different songs than the American theme. I won't allow a song that's practically the same other than the language being different.  
  • I must also hear the American theme to see if the foreign version is significantly better. 
  • The footage you show me must have the option of closed-captions. I will not allow an entry in which I cannot comprehend the lyrics to.
  • I will allow foreign versions of My Little Pony if it follows the guidelines of this rule. 

7. NO CLOSING THEMES. Even if the opening isn't that good and the closer is amazing. If they did put all the effort into the closing theme (ex. The Powerpuff Girls), don't nominate the opening or the closing. 

8. Length does not matter, as long as they still put enough effort into that time. 

9. Any genre, lyrical or instrumental, that follows these guidelines, will be allowed. So don't be worried. The only exception to this rule is if the song is one of the worst themes I've heard (for example, all your Fanboy and Chum Chum's will be disqualified instantly).

10. Of course, this is all a game. At least I think. (If this is in the wrong category please report the post to move it). So remember to have fun!!!

So, get ready!

It's Time!!!

One more thing, I recommend you follow this topic, so you can keep up. :)

I nominate Megaman(The Ruby Spears version), The X-Men 90's and Megas XLR

X-Men -

EDIT: Alright one more - Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Also, question.

You said no anime openings, but what if it had an American intro(like Pokemon, or DBZ's Rock the Dragon)?

Edited by Ghost Nappa

Also, question.

You said no anime openings, but what if it had an American intro(like Pokemon, or DBZ's Rock the Dragon)?

Nope, no anime is allowed. Whatsoever.

1. Megaman

2. The X-Men (1990)

3. Megas XLR

4. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I nominate Batman Beyond

(p.s. if I find another can i add it to this?)

Already nominated.

And sure, that would be fine.

1. Megaman

2. The X-Men (1990)

3. Megas XLR

4. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

5. Batman: The Animated Series

6. Justice Leauge

7. X-Men Evolution

8. Biker Mice form Mars

9. Batman Beyond

1. Megaman