Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you act differently on the internet?

Omega Centauri

Online I am who I am IRL. We you read is really what you get. :P

At work I tend to be a bit different though. Stupid corporations making me do stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

On the internet I'm less afraid to voice my opinions. I'm a pretty opinionated person IRL, but if I think that I might offend someone I keep it to myself. I'm extremely sarcastic, and I find that doesn't translate well when written. I'm also less likely to care if I hurt your feelings. More or less, I am the same person online as in real life, just a bit more of a jerk at times.

• Brohoof 1

On the internet i can be who I am . I can communicate and I can sosialize without any barriers I can be free.

Off the internet I am just a shadow who hides in corners an never talks or interacts with anyone.

I wish i could be free.

I am exactly like that.  :confused:  :confused:  >_>  :okiedokielokie:  B) This chain of emoticons describes my feelings.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty much the same online as I am IRL, give or take. About the only real difference is, I can present my thoughts in a much more polished and clear way. The previous sentence is a prime example, I rewrote it to make it easier to read/understand before posting it.

Although, when I'm online, there are times when I feel like I need to act like someone who knows nearly everything about Japan. Maybe it's because of my username. :please:  Honest, I really do want to know everything I can about Japan (language, customs, holidays, etc.), and I've been learning things on and off for YEARS! But I was born and raised in America, so there are limits to what I know, even if I know quite a lot.

• Brohoof 1

IN REAL LIFE: I am kinda awkward at times, have really bad social anxiety(especially when meeting new people) and often am quiet unless directly talked to. I get really nervous in social situations, I tend to avoid being in the spotlight. Performing in front of others makes me feel awful, just everyone watching me. Basically how Fluttershy acted in Hurricane Fluttershy portrayed me perfectly in that aspect.

ON THE INTERWEBZ: I guess I'm a bit more outgoing. I still don't start a conversation all that often, unless I'm comfortable(that sounds dumb lol) with the user. I feel less judged on the internet, like people aren't constantly watching my every move.

• Brohoof 1

IN REAL LIFE: I am kinda awkward at times, have really bad social anxiety(especially when meeting new people) and often am quiet unless directly talked to. I get really nervous in social situations, I tend to avoid being in the spotlight. Performing in front of others makes me feel awful, just everyone watching me. Basically how Fluttershy acted in Hurricane Fluttershy portrayed me perfectly in that aspect.

ON THE INTERWEBZ: I guess I'm a bit more outgoing. I still don't start a conversation all that often, unless I'm comfortable(that sounds dumb lol) with the user. I feel less judged on the internet, like people aren't constantly watching my every move.

You sound EXACTLY like myself in both arenas :lol:

Real Life: Awkward. At everything. All I really do is try and keep a neutral relationship with everypony. Tolerant.

Internet: Very aware of what people think of me, try and make friends. (It's wierd, somepony will hate me on an online server, the I talk to them. And we become friends. :lol: Express myself. I <3 the Internet.

Earth sucks.

I act the same on the internet as I do off the internet. However, I am more often able to formulate intelligent responses because I am able to pause and think, whereas more often than not, real life is more sporadic and blunt (I tend to be short, sweet, and to the point). I expect people online to behave more intelligently because they are able to think before they act (type), whereas that is rarely the case IRL....

On the internet I'm usually a bit more formal than in real life. I guess there are a lot of strangers and I want to make a good impression. Then, once you know me you can handle my strangeness better. ;)