Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gamergate

Magnum Flare

Over the past months, I've been seeing cases of Gamergate. Now I know I've read some of the news, but I still can't wrap my head around it. Can someone explain what happened in Gamergate. Also, what's your opinion?

A game developer slept with a journalist from Kotaku (who didn't actually review her game) and got everyone all butthurt. I guess it lead people to think that there is some kind of SJW illuminati conspiracy when it comes to game journalism. A group of people claim to be fighting for more ethics in game journalism. It gets drowned out by constant death threats to several female figures in the game industry that are so bad that some of them have left their homes.

Pretty much a big 'ol shitstorm.

• Brohoof 1

Regardless of what legitimate point Gamergate may have made, nothing excuses their terrible treatment of women and their threats toward them. Now, I don't agree with Anita Sarkeesian, nor do I think she's the most innocent woman in the world (she scammed a bunch of people, after all), I don't think that she deserves the barrage of death threats and being chased out of her home.

• Brohoof 1