Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Tanks

NewCalamity

Finally gave this a shot yesterday with @@NewCalamity. Thank goodness he was there as I would have been rather confused I think. :P So far I'm enjoying it. I like all the different aspects and find it intriguing. I'm not particularly good at it at the moment, BUT I SHALL IMPROVE! In-game name is LowfatEnvelope as usual should any care.

• Brohoof 1

So yeah, I've been trying the game out and I pretty much got hooked by it. At first I tried playing with the light/medium tanks, but I sucked at scouting and kept dieing all the time. then I thought that the Heavy tanks would work for me, considering they are hard to hit and have a lot of HP, but they start from tier VI (if I'm not mistaken), so that wasn't a option too. I tried playing as the Artillery/SPGs tanks and I kind of liked it. The problem is that my aim with them is really poor.. I only got up to the III tier SPGs. And then I tried out the Russian Tank Destroyer series. At first it was hard to get the hang of it, like where to hide so that I could see the enemy and at the same time be protected from the other enemy TDs, but then, when I got my SU-76, everything changed. Man, that's one awesome tank/sniper. So, I decided to stick with the Russian TDs and maybe later try out the Russian SPGs. I just recently bought my tier V Russian TD - Su-85. It's still not updated fully, but I can quite easily penetrate tier V and VI tanks' armor. Maybe it's a bit too soon to worry about it, but I have no idea who to pick as my VII TD: SU-100M1 or the SU-152. I think I'll go with SU-100M1, though..

So yeah. Long story short: I play as a TD in the Russian tech tree and my highest tier tank is SU-85 (Tier V). My IGN is "TFreckle".

• Brohoof 1

Finally got my M18 hellcat, and it is the most gloriousTD ever, its turret turns slowly but it makes up for it in speed, i can push 70-80kph on its best engine.

still wish i could get its damn 90mm a little sooner, seeing as i only have a M1A2 76mm gun

Edited by Midnight Moon

Yes, 8.0 is LIVE and rolling!

Despite WG depriving me of my one true love, the Panzer IV, I am still managing to do fairly well with it! Played about six games with it or so and I scored 5 kills in two of those games. The Ausf. H turret and skirts along the turret really make up for the losses, I loooove the aesthetics~

The new sounds are lovely, the graphics are lovely, the physics are lovely, the interface is lovely, the customization is lovely. I haven't come across something I do not particularly enjoy. Though, if I had to choose, I'd say the change from a vertical to horizontal tech tree do agitate me a bit. Alas, I'll get used to it.

Just came back from another round in my beloved Panzer 38(t) and did very well for its first 8.0 round, gaining myself a Top gun commendation. I'll take this opportunity to show off the new after-action reports, which I adore.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Splendid! Lookin' sharp there!

I'm going to assume 8.0 takes a while huh? I'll update it tomorrow.

I look forward to it.

Any new vehicles?

Splendid! Lookin' sharp there!

I'm going to assume 8.0 takes a while huh? I'll update it tomorrow.

I look forward to it.

Any new vehicles?

Russian TD's, mostly, i think 4 of them, but if you go to the link, many of the vehicles were changed in the update, most people complain about the PzKpfw IV

Russian TD's, mostly, i think 4 of them, but if you go to the link, many of the vehicles were changed in the update, most people complain about the PzKpfw IV

Fantastic! I needed to work more on my TD's.

Changed? As in performance wise or things like price and experience?

What's wrong with the PzKpfw IV?

Wait, nevermind, I'll just find out tomorrow.

Edited by Collateral Damage

and i present my one of a kind Nightmare Moon M18 hellcat, took me a bit of work to make it look okay, and i mean this is just version one, but hope you all like it.

Nightmare works M 18 "hellcat"

First produced: 1944 of the lunar calender

Weight: 17.7 metric tons

Engine: Luna works R-975-C4 9 cylinder High octane liquid magic engine gives power to weight ratio of 18.9 Horsepower per ton

Armor: 5-25mm

Armament: M1A2 76mm AT gun

post-3469-0-99343600-1349144862_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-18425500-1349144868_thumb.jpg

post-3469-0-09886200-1349144875_thumb.jpg

Edited by Midnight Moon
  • Brohoof 4

Changed? As in performance wise or things like price and experience?

From what I'm aware of, a lot of tanks in the game had their abilities tweaked for balance; some nerfed slightly, some improved slightly, and so on. A lot of changes were minor (like a tank only having it's depression angle increased by a couple degrees), but I imagine some of the tanks in the game had more extensive spec changes.

I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet, but it was a fairly lengthy download for Midnight Moon here.

From what I'm aware of, a lot of tanks in the game had their abilities tweaked for balance; some nerfed slightly, some improved slightly, and so on. A lot of changes were minor (like a tank only having it's depression angle increased by a couple degrees), but I imagine some of the tanks in the game had more extensive spec changes.

I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet, but it was a fairly lengthy download for Midnight Moon here.

the panzer 4 got its panther turret taken away, and given a smaller turret, though i dont find any problems with it, playing with New calam over there he says its the same tank just diffrent turret x3

the panzer 4 got its panther turret taken away, and given a smaller turret, though i dont find any problems with it, playing with New calam over there he says its the same tank just diffrent turret x3

Change is always an evil evil thing, don't you know?

Just as long as the artillery hasn't been nerfed any further, then I'm happy.

Edited by Jadefire

Whats this?

A W.O.T. Topic?

Me likey.

Ive played the update already and think its the best one yet!!!

Although I hate how you can fall into water.

My Jagtiger has been.........baptised in lakeville so to speak XD

And my VK2801 in port.......

And my leichtrakktor in cliffs.

Ive also supermanned off of high places to loose 75 percent of my hp.

Clearly i need to adjust to the new environments. I cant afford the repair bills. :(

Whats this?

A W.O.T. Topic?

Me likey.

Ive played the update already and think its the best one yet!!!

Although I hate how you can fall into water.

My Jagtiger has been.........baptised in lakeville so to speak XD

And my VK2801 in port.......

And my leichtrakktor in cliffs.

Ive also supermanned off of high places to loose 75 percent of my hp.

Clearly i need to adjust to the new environments. I cant afford the repair bills. :(

huh, i supermanned off of places in my M18 and i only lost my treads XD

seriously though i like the falling into water thing, that means heavier tanks have to be more careful

I've gone ahead and added you to the active roster in the OP of the thread. I also added you to my contacts and checked out your Service Record. you've most evidently found comfort in the Soviet tank destroyer line that's for sure. A Top Gun medal with less than 300 battles - very good.

New calam over there he says its the same tank just different turret x3

Yes, the Panzer IV has only had its Schmalturm turret removed. That doesn't sound too drastic but because of the super-heavy turret beign removed, it can no longer mount the 75mm L/70 cannon - which is an extremely deadly sniper style gun. It has now been reduced to having the Ausf. H turret, which mounts the 75mm L/48. This completely changes the Panzer IV's role from a sniper, to a mid-range flanker and harasser, sometime even brawler. Despite my favourite tank's crippling, I still perform very well with it and it shall remain as my most used tank, with nearly 500 battles.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

The Leichttraktor must be the most useless piece of junk ever devised. I swear that thing could get stuck on a pebble. Accuracy is pretty lousy too.

I believe my first words to NC upon starting the game were something to the extent of

"I thought this was World of Tanks, not World of Tractors - what the hell is this?"

• Brohoof 2

So I updated the game to 8.0 but I can't play it anymore.

The game freezes when it starts to Update Modules, right after I log in.

This happen to anyone else?

:blink: How did I not notice a World of Tanks post :blink:

This game has become a part of my life. I've been playing since beta and just can't drop this game. And for the record, the FT-17 (the french tier 1) is the worst tank in the game in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

No joke, I think I could cause more devastation with my Gewehr 88 and riding on my lawnmower. And the lawnmower's brakes don't even work.

the lichtraktor has more armor then any other tier 1, but dont worry it gets better if you stick with it, the Pz38t the bison, the panzerjager I all that x3

or you could go with america, russia, france or something like that

Great. I've found something else to eat up my days. This is far more addicting than I thought it would be. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Nazis and living in Medium tanks once I get that far. I'm heading down to the route to the Pz.III because it seems more nimble than the Pz.IV even if it sacrifices a little in the firepower department.

post-6104-0-30472600-1349243357_thumb.jpg

That'll buff out.

So I updated the game to 8.0 but I can't play it anymore.

The game freezes when it starts to Update Modules, right after I log in.

This happen to anyone else?

I'm afraid not. The only problem I've been having is with it overtaxing my GPU and making it hotter than a smoldering Leichttraktor. The cause seems to be different for everybody experiencing this problem, as is the solution. Fortunately I've found some workarounds that makes the game stable. Haven't heard of your issue though.

Have you tried reinstalling it? I know it's a cliché solution but it sometimes works.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

I'm heading down to the route to the Pz.III

You won't regret taking that line, not one bit - while the III was a pretty decent tank, the III/IV is bloody wonderful. Once I got the tracks and engine upgraded on it I was pretty bloody shocked at just how speedy I was.

I will warn you though, I really did not care for the IIIA at all. x_x

Hey, I also play that game, and I have to say its awesome, my favorite heavy tanks are the Russians ones, mediums go to Germany, and arty goes to France.

EDIT: PzIII/IV sucks in terms of firepower but excels in mobility and speed

VK3601H is awesome and get a IS, they will brighten up your day.

Edited by The Ultimate Brony
  • Brohoof 1

America b*tch x3, anyway ive gone thought many great games with my M18 hellcat, AND i just created the best pony in the history of ponies

meet, Hellcat :3 (i call the name and the pony)

shes a firey unicorn with a bark as loud as hell and a bite to match x3 (sounds like a certan tank)

post-3469-0-66775400-1349251487_thumb.png

I'm afraid not. The only problem I've been having is with it overtaxing my GPU and making it hotter than a smoldering Leichttraktor. The cause seems to be different for everybody experiencing this problem, as is the solution. Fortunately I've found some workarounds that makes the game stable. Haven't heard of your issue though.

Have you tried reinstalling it? I know it's a cliché solution but it sometimes works.

I'll try it out.

Maybe some kind of loading error. I don't know, my computer is absolutely horrible so that might be the culprit too.

I just hope this doesn't mean I can never play again.