Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Age Changes

natemonster321
Go to solution Solved by Simon,

The age requirement to be a member of MLPF is 13.

I think he's aware of that. What I believe he's wondering is if he set it to something below the age requirement, if anything would happen to his account. To answer that, probably nothing. I've seen users who have set their age to like 2 years old before as a joke, and I've never heard of anyone being given warning points for doing so. So correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as your original sign up age was above 13, then I doubt the staff will care if you jokingly set it really low.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, 2 years old is an obvious joke, no? Staff isn't going to endorse modifying the age system to display a non allowable age for obvious reasons. I would recommend against it.

• Brohoof 2

The staff is required under a U.S. law called COPPA to not permit the use of the forum by any user under 13 years of age.  Because of this, if your account has an age under 13 years of age or you state that your age is under 13 on the site, we are obligated to suspend your account until what would be your 13th birthday because of the potential of legal problems arising if it turns out you really are under 13 and we permitted you to use the forum.  Now if it's an obvious joke such as changing your age from 18 to 0 years old, you'll probably just be asked to change it or it might go ignored.  But any reasonable age under 13 is putting your account at risk.

So long story short, it's probably not the best idea to set your account to a fake age under 13.

• Brohoof 5

The staff is required under a U.S. law called COPPA to not permit the use of the forum by any user under 13 years of age.  Because of this, if your account has an age under 13 years of age or you state that your age is under 13 on the site, we are obligated to suspend your account until what would be your 13th birthday because of the potential of legal problems arising if it turns out you really are under 13 and we permitted you to use the forum.  Now if it's an obvious joke such as changing your age from 18 to 0 years old, you'll probably just be asked to change it or it might go ignored.  But any reasonable age under 13 is putting your account at risk.

So long story short, it's probably not the best idea to set your account to a fake age under 13.

I guess that makes since I actually never knew there was an age limit for the Forums

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.