Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would YOU re-shape the image of this fandom?

Invincible

It becomes clear (to me anyways) that some of us disagree on how to "represent" bronies, or whether or not image is something we should concern ourselves at all with as a fandom. Judging by some of the posts iv'e read lately, mostly.

What would you do then, if you wanted to re-shape the image of this fandom (for better or for worse)?

Nothing really because there is nothing I can do, a fandom is not some hive mind where everyone is going to automatically agree on everything and be on perfect behavior at all times. The bronies are judged more harshly than most other fandoms because we are giving the finger to decades of arbitrary and outdated gender norms. It sucks but all these bronies getting obsessed about image has lead to this prickish white knight nonsense that has actually made things worse by drawing unnecessary attention to a lot of things and causing unnecessary conflict within the fandom.

• Brohoof 16

Nothing really because there is nothing I can do, a fandom is not some hive mind where everyone is going to automatically agree on everything and be on perfect behavior at all times. The bronies are judged more harshly than most other fandoms because we are giving the finger to decades of arbitrary and outdated gender norms. It sucks but all these bronies getting obsessed about image has lead to this prickish white knight nonsense that has actually made things worse by drawing unnecessary attention to a lot of things and causing unnecessary conflict within the fandom.

Ladies and gentlemen ... this is the only response that is truly accurate here. If you waved a magic wand and disappeared all of the material that has been mentioned ... you would not remove the main factor that makes people judge the adult fandom. It is seen as unusual for adults to enjoy a cartoon about brightly colored magical ponies. It is unusual for adults to purchase toys based on such an IP. It is unusual for men to like a show made for kids that could be their kids. That is why we are looked at as weird. In a way, we are. And that is just fine by me. I applaud it and embrace it.

You don't fight this opinion against us with a magic wand, you fight that over years of just existing. Society will eventually accept it ... or not. It really doesn't matter. Enjoy what you want to enjoy and ignore the vitriol and comments. There are far more important things to worry about. Your time and thought is far to valuable.

Pony on.

• Brohoof 9

You don't fight this opinion against us with a magic wand, you fight that over years of just existing. Society will eventually accept it ... or not. It really doesn't matter. Enjoy what you want to enjoy and ignore the vitriol and comments. There are far more important things to worry about. Your time and thought is far to valuable.

Pony on.

very True Rarity, Our time is far valuable  than put  attention to comments

besides, every fandom has something that some of the people of the same fandom doesnt like, we are individuals

Edited by Balareth

Pretty much this. There's nothing we can do, we'll just have to accept the fact that people don't like us and move on. Ain't nobody's mind gonna change even if you somehow manage to erase all the clop/gore/etc. 

1.force people to stop clopping to ponies and delete rule 34 from mlp

Hmm.  A dictatorship.  Now there's an idea.  Perhaps if I was the unquestioned lord and master of the world, I would force you to stop enjoying something that you find sexually appealing, simply because I do not.  How would that be?

One cannot force people to stop liking something just because one doesn't share that liking, or thinks it reflects poorly on him or her.  To me, for a brony to do that is the epitome of hypocrisy.

As for what I would do to re-shape the image of the fandom, I guess I would just try to get the general public to realize that we are all diverse people, like everyone else.  Being a brony is not a product or result of being a specific kind of person, nor vice versa.  Bronies are all kinds of people, and all kinds of people are bronies.

• Brohoof 6

I have two things in each of my hands right now.

One's a mouse...and the other thing is none of your business.

What's on my tumblr account is also none of your business.

But what's about to happen is both glorious and beautiful and you will never stop me. It's the sweet release I need after a hard nights work, and no one has the right to stop me.

Not you.

Not the government.

Not the false gods and empty morals that the masses bow down to.

And believe me...I will enjoy myself.

*Kel Grym proceeds to drink his woodridge wine out of one hand while scrolling through http://goodmorningcelestia.tumblr.com/ with the other*

• Brohoof 3

-.-,stop quoting my post,I thought the topic meant "what do you wish to do to re-shape the image of this fandom",actually I didn't want to "force" people to stop clopping to ponies but maybe if I stumble across one I'll just advice him to stop clopping.

It is what it is, I'd leave it alone.  Its has its... colourful aspects... but that's always going to happen unless we become some really unfriendly people who are always yelling at the ones we don't like and trying to chase them away - which is the complete opposite of what I like about the fandom.

@@Ethnomusicologist,

Yes, but the continued mentioning of it will raise the statistical chances of discussion of the subject which will in turn increase the statistical chances of a debate breaking out about it, which raises the statistical chances of the topic being closed.

Huzzah for escalation!

[i'm not helping am I?]

Returning to topic, I don't think anything can be done about the 'image' of the fandom.

As said before it is what it is, and I believe that Earthbending has the strongest point in this whole discussion.

- kick out the weirdos. (included clopper/gore fans)

- cancel the motto ( Love & Tolerance)

- stopping to invade other Internet sides.

Escalation! Huzzah!

Edited by Minister KelGrym
  • Brohoof 3

I wouldn't change anything in the fandom. It is what it is. You can't change stuff like R34 and the like. It's a diverse community with a rainbow of different people.

Besides, if you don't like something in the fandom, just ignore it. There's a reason sites like DA, Google and Derpibooru have a "Safe" search. ;)

• Brohoof 4

- cancel the motto ( Love & Tolerance)

- stopping to invade other Internet sides.

1. Why should "we" "cancel" love and tolerance when there's literally nothing to "cancel" about it? The brony fandom isn't run by any code of conduct nor should it be. Bronies are composed of individuals. It's an extremely colorful fandom full of people from a variety of cultures; like fingerprints, no two are the same. We're not a hivemind.

Just because people do love and tolerate doesn't mean they're obligated to accept everything. Tolerance and acceptance aren't one of the same, and anyone with an ounce of common sense has an amount they can handle before L&T is chucked out the door.

2. If you mean by thrusting the content and steering the topic off-course, then I can get by that. But it's not something that's bound by one fandom. If anyone thrusts any off-topic content anywhere, that's not cool. But people should be able to discuss about it, plug in references here and there, and publish content (whether it's an avatar, signature, whatnot). Doing this promotes the show, which helps grow the audience. One terrible thing for any fandom is to be forced to confine their passions and keep them bottled up.

Read @'s post; he pretty much covers up any grievances you hold.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

2.Prevent the stereotypes of bronies To happen

That's all I can think of.

you might as well try to stop the sun from coming back up or prevent the return of winter.

:maud: there will always be R34, I don't care what fandom it is, and people will always form stereotypes about a group they don't know about. I'm sure that even you have some stereotypes floating around your brain.

instead of trying to do the impossible and get rid of the clop, wouldn't it be easier to point out that we're not the only fandom that has it?

If I could change anything about our image, I would make it less about a group of people who watch a show about ponies and make them see a group of passionate writers, singers and programmers who give our fandom it's many treasured fanfic, songs, and games.

in the pokemon fandom your hear people complaining about not having an MMORPG.

but the brony community is making their own (ever hear about "legends of Equestria"?

not only that but we have tons of fan made games! it's insane how much we have!  :o

think about it! we make other fandom's look like whiny brats.

and to be frank, I don't think we need to change our image.

we should be the better ones and be who we are no matter what hater's may say.

because no matter what they say, we will always have a fandom filled with kind. intelligent, open minded people to have our backs when we're feeling down.

because friendship is magic!

*drops mic* 

• Brohoof 9

This pretty much sums up my entire opinion on the subject.

you might as well try to stop the sun from coming back up or prevent the return of winter.

:maud: there will always be R34, I don't care what fandom it is, and people will always form stereotypes about a group they don't know about. I'm sure that even you have some stereotypes floating around your brain.

instead of trying to do the impossible and get rid of the clop, wouldn't it be easier to point out that we're not the only fandom that has it?

If I could change anything about our image, I would make it less about a group of people who watch a show about ponies and make them see a group of passionate writers, singers and programmers who give our fandom it's many treasured fanfic, songs, and games.

in the pokemon fandom your hear people complaining about not having an MMORPG.

but the brony community is making their own (ever hear about "legends of Equestria"?

not only that but we have tons of fan made games! it's insane how much we have!  :o

think about it! we make other fandom's look like whiny brats.

and to be frank, I don't think we need to change our image.

we should be the better ones and be who we are no matter what hater's may say.

because no matter what they say, we will always have a fandom filled with kind. intelligent, open minded people to have our backs when we're feeling down.

because friendship is magic!

*drops mic*

This too. Edited by ShadowPirateX
  • Brohoof 2

Well you asked me to tell truthfully, so i will:

• Get it to contribute to scientific research. Like building Stargates. Inter-universal stargates. (you all know why i want inter-universal stargates)
  • Have fundraising events for charities.
  • Kill all the anti-bronies. I mean neutralise all the anti-bronies. (I have a seriously dark sense of humour. To me Apocalypse = hilarious)
  • And give every brony/pegasister cool hats.
  • Oh and socks. lots of socks.

post-24330-0-86931200-1415219383_thumb.png

delete rule 34

That, Sir, is impossible.

Edited by BritishBrony 13