Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Non MLP songs that remind you of Ponies.

Nit Pick

I heard this song by the legendary Johnny Cash and it reminded me of Braeburn and Applejack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaL6nViAySk

Now the song meaning is probably different but I'm too lazy to look it up.  Just hearing Johnny mention color of the sun and his eyes were green reminded me of Braeburn and AJ.

Basically what non-mlp music reminds you of your favorite ponies? Mane-six, secondary or background ponies.  You can do OC ponies but try to mention what song reminds you of a canon pony if you please.

• Brohoof 1

Despite it actually being about a man, this one reminds me of Pinkie Pie... :maud: 

Ever since the MLP Forums World Cup and this awesome video by @Stellafera, this song always reminds me of MLP in general (even when I hear this song in town etc. the first thing I think of is the MLP World Cup and this vid)

Ever since the MLP Forums World Cup and this awesome video by @Stellafera, this song always reminds me of MLP in general (even when I hear this song in town etc. the first thing I think of is the MLP World Cup and this vid)

Woah, thanks for summoning me!  :)

Almost any song that I PMV ends up getting this reaction from me, even the musical Assassins (which is about shooting the president of the United States...). I make PMVs in the first place because the songs in some way remind me of MLP or fit into it well, so that's natural. Constantly replaying it over footage while in the editing process doesn't hurt. 

this reminds me of ponies

not sure what to think about that

dang, caption guy, maybe my life is a lie

• Brohoof 1

Seeing this movie for the first time a couple months back, I soon realised how well most of the lyrics suit the days when I obsessed about ponies and Equestria, and wished to go there myself, being sad that I couldn't.

I sorta wish that I'd gotten into Disney before MLP...

• Brohoof 2

This would have to be my choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtIB0m71-yE

I'm losing count when recalling all that I regret

How many missteps are enough?

Who of the few I call friends will be by my side

When. without recourse, life gets tough?

When I broke bad

I never knew 'bout all this trouble I would have

You should not romanticize this outlaw life

When the scars have been shown and the tales have been told

I'm telling you - something's missing

Don't make no excuse to sing the blues

Calculating the cost and the things that you lost

You'll realize - love's gone missing

Oohhoo - oohhooooooo

Don't go drifting.

Edited by Shadowking58

Clarity reminds me of rarity just because I thought she was saying Rarity at first.

So I wasn't the only one who thought it was Spike singing about how if his crush on her is insanity, then why is she his Rarity?  :lol:

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

Friends through eternity,

Loyalty, honesty,

We'll stay together,

Through thick or thin.

Friends forever,

We'll be together,

We're on top,

Cause we play to win.

That's a very good one.

I'm struck by how an 18 rated game can have such an innocent song about loyalty and friendship, while Friendship is Magic has spawned some extremely violent material, including songs like "Pegasus device" and "Guncakes". It's like everything is inverting itself as far as the age-appropriateness of subjects covered are concerned.

''Money for Nothing'' by Dire Straits and ''Layla'' By Eric Clapton remind me of Applejack.

''Brothers in Arms'' also by Dire Straits reminds me of Shining Armor.

''Moonchild'' by Iron Maiden reminds me of the search for the keys.

''Dare to be Stupid'' by Wierd Al reminds me of his character, Cheese Sandwich and The Transformers Movie. Along with Pinkie Pie.

''Number of the Beast'' by Iron Maiden reminds me of Tirek.

''Aces High'' by Iron Maiden reminds me of Rainbow Dash.

''Can I play with Madness'' and ''Rock n Roll all night'' by Iron Maiden and Kiss and rock songs in general remind me of Scootaloo in face paint. So does David Bowie.

''The Trooper'' by Iron Maiden reminds me of Changelings and Shining Armor.

''Painkiller'' by Judas Priest reminds me of Celestia.

I Love a lot of songs but there are very few that resemble ponies.

• Brohoof 2