Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy vs 2-D (from the band Gorillaz) comparison

Cirrus.

So today I came up with the idea that Derpy kind of reminds me of the Gorillaz singer 2-D.

The short reasons-

• They both have eye problems- (2-D's are a little more severe (there is a story behind his black eyes and blue hair)
  • They are both kind of odd and have an "innocence" aspect to their personalities.

post-24370-0-72100700-1414253113.jpg

post-24370-0-69953800-1414253251.jpg

post-24370-0-49301600-1414253720.jpg

In a way Gorillaz is like MLP- You kinda have to know what the hell is going on- to know what the hell is going on.

However the Gorillaz music videos are kinda like someone showing an acid trip or something (if you don't know the story behind them;)

***EDIT-LOL I don't mean they should fight :lol:

Edited by steve88

I haven't seen 2D, so I don't know his personality, but unless Derpy got lucky (in the way that she derped in a manner swaying the battle in her favour) 2D would win. I think most people could beat a pony that wasn't a unicorn in a fight to the death.

I honestly don't see the connection between these two unless Derpy is a musician and we don't know it yet

Derpy's eyes were unintentional while 2D's were made for that sureal hypnotic monotone voice.

I honestly don't see the connection between these two unless Derpy is a musician and we don't know it yet

Derpy's eyes were unintentional while 2D's were made for that sureal hypnotic monotone voice.

The story for 2-D's eyes being black was because of 2 separate car accident incidents involving Murdoc (one of the other band members) being reckless and a jerk as usual. That black eye condition actually is a real condition but in real life is pretty disturbing and usually causes blindness.

Overall 2-D is goofy, a little odd, but is good-hearted.

On a side note- The guy wo does his singing voice (Damon Albarn) sings the song for this video- lol

2-D has got the innocent factor about him. For example he actually seemed worried for Noodles (a member of the band) during the Plastic Beach music videos, Murdoc is similar but he is more reserved in his motives.

I don't see too much similar between the two though. And the eye conditions thing is only a small comparison since neither of them chose to have the problem.

• Brohoof 1