Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favourite Princess?  

212 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Princess?

• Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadence
    • Princess Twilight Sparkle

I'm supposed to choose how?  I absolutely can't choose, I love them all so very much.  I love Cadence and Celestia for their kindness and love towards a certain purple mare by the name of Twilight Sparkle.  I love them for their generosity.  and Luna. i'm not sure I can properly put into words why I love her so much I just do!

I must join The New Lunar Republic. Princess Luna is my absolute favorite, which is probably because of all the fanart I've seen and music I've heard about / connected to her. For example, there's a beautiful video project called

, I can't wait for it to be finished! Posted Image Her personality is similar to mine, too. She desperately tries to connect with others, but due to past things she got alienated. She often acts weird, too. Likes dark colors and stars... Luna is best princess. Posted Image

Plus, I love love love Nightmare Night! Mostly for her design, which we probably won't see again in the show, but whatever.

Darth Vader. 

Posted Image

Oh, wait... We're not talking Disney Princesses? Oh, okay.

Luna is my favorite princess. Sure, Trollestia has some great moments, but overall, I've just found Luna, personally, to be more relatable.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

As much as I do squee every time Luna shows up, I'm gonna have to go with Celestia as my favorite. Not many people/ponies could hold a position of absolute power for an entire millennium without either turning evil or being overthrown by someone evil. Especially with how often attempts seem to be made. And while raising both the sun and moon every single day (that's 730000 raisings!). And after being forced to banish her sister, the only other immortal she knew. At least in my mind, she must be pretty emo underneath that facade of perfection, although much less now that Luna is back.

I also find it very cool that as far as we've seen, she's never killed anyone before. All the villains she's overthrown were just banished in various ways. Very smart for an immortal. Even justified killings can lead to guilt issues, and the body count would likely continue to tick up over the years, eventually driving her mad.

I guess I just find the mindset of ancient creatures to be quite intriguing :)

• Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia is kinda lazy to be honest, and Cadence hasn't been around that long, so i'd have to say luna, plus I love her color scheme for whatever reason :D.

And shes so adorable :) Plus more relatable then the others to me.

Well, Cadence hasn't really appeared in enough episodes for her to be a favorite character that's not a background character. My favorite is probably Princess Luna. Princess Celestia tends to creep me out a little bit, but she's still a good character.

My favourite is definitely Celestia. Her design is gorgeous and she is so down-to-earth. She's funny, and she visits her subjects, she's intelligent and powerful. And she loves her little sister. <3

I do love Luna, she's sweet and has a wonderful design. Cadance just fills me with mystery, we have no idea where she came from, how on earth she can be the Crystal Princess but yet was only a teenager when Twilight was a filly... Agh, it's so interesting.

But yes, I digress. Celestia gets my vote for being so wonderful.

• Brohoof 2

Luna. :|

Luna is just my favorite character all around, much less favorite princess. She's beautiful, very relatable, funny, and a precious darling.

Cadence after that, because she's also pretty, a good character, and has been through a lot... I also want her and Twilight to catch up soon, like she said. :>

Celestia, though I do like her, is my least favorite. She feels just too... Motherly. Like she's too perfect, although she's a good authority figure. Unless there's, say, inner turmoil or a deep facade with her, then I like her much more.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Luna ^^ I'm just big on the "trying to be yourself, but wanting to fit in and be liked by everyone," feel when she was first introduced ^^

Then again, I haven't made it to the season 2 finale yet, so maybe Cadence!

20111031002056!Princess_Luna_om_noming_S

I just find her awesome. 

For some reason, I don't like Celestia that much. She had that omnipotent, god-like feeling where she's always the good one. Luna just shows a bit more emotion.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

LUNA. ALWAYS LUNA.

I am a huge Luna fan.

Cadance is pretty cool too, I'm just not a fan of pink, so she seems very girly to me. (Princess of Love also, so..)

Celestia is ok, I'm just not a big fan of her because she just seems like the annoying Moral mentor.

"What did you learn? What's the moral of this episode?"

Really, Princess Celestia and her letters are the only thing that remind me that FIM is a kids show. ^_^

*Sigh* Celestia is last in the polls. As always. Seriously, she's the one overshadowed by her sister, not the other way around. I like her stability and good sense.

Celestia is only overshadowed by us, the fan base. In the universe of the tv show, Celestia is hailed while Luna is still basically ignored.

Edited by Princess Nightingale

FOR THE LUNAR REPUBLIC!

Oh and for the Cadence Empire, cause I love her too, but not as much as Luna. I don't really care for Celestia, maybe because I see her in almost all the episodes but I don't see Cadence or Luna a lot. Absence does make the heart grow fonder and stalkerish... (Just kidding!)

Because she's my third-most favorite character, Celestia gets my vote. Sweet, kind, patient, a bit of a joker, and loyal. She treats Twilight and her friends with tremendous respect, trust, and care.

But what I would really like to see from her is actual character development. Of the prominent protagonists left, she's the last one to not feature thorough psychological strengths and flaws. Cadance and Luna each have had enough consistent screentime to show more complete characterizations, and that's partially why they're each well-liked. Despite being a very admired character in this fandom as well, Celestia hasn't displayed this yet, and more thorough, well-written characterizations and character development are how you get a character higher and higher in most-favorites' lists.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

I'ma vote for celestia :P The reason why, is that neither luna or cadance have shown anything to surprise me and "Convert" :P

Why i vote for celestia now, is that i have a few traits similar to hers :P

• Brohoof 2