Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm guessing you can guess where this is going but let's assume we find ourselves with Sunset Shimmer joining the group.  My question for y'all is what element of harmony would you push for her to represent as number 7?  I'm tending to go with forgiveness or reformation (something along those lines).  Considering her history I think that would be very fitting, your thoughts?

• Brohoof 2

I can't really see her being an element of forgiveness. Let's use Applejack as an example. Her element is Honesty because she is an honest pony, not because she used to be a liar/cheat that learned her lesson in the long run. The Mane 6 didn't earn their elements through a life-changing event, but rather that the elements they have were things that they were naturally born with.

I apologize if that hardly makes sense. It's 4am.

I suppose I really do not see Sunset being another Element. I see her the same way I see Discord. 

• Brohoof 3

Element of Unity : Because of bad Sunset, the Humane 6 were required to unite in order to defeat her. As good Sunset, she unites the group as they begin to fall apart. She was also the final piece of the puzzle necessary to defeat the Dazzlings. Whether good or bad, Sunset has always had the power to bring friends together :)

Edited by Guest

She's not a pony she's a human soooo Im out of ideas. I don't understand :/

Element of forgiveness yes I agree with you. Element model would be um.... fire? 

She's a pony. She was originally from Equestria.

I agree with OP that Forgiveness is a good one for her. Or maybe Humility?

• Brohoof 4

She's a pony. She was originally from Equestria.

I agree with OP that Forgiveness is a good one for her. Or maybe Humility?

Are you kidding me...

Thanks for telling me. I just realised im a retard. :P

She's not a pony she's a human soooo Im out of ideas

Actually she is a pony, she was in fact Princess Celestia's prized student before Twilight and was sent to the human world when she went evil since her magic wouldn't work.  It does mean that somewhere out there, there should be a human version of Sunset Shimmer and I'm imagining her at the same school for the gifted that I think Twilight goes to.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I really don't think there's much of a need for a new member of the "Mane 6". Reason being, Spike already serves as the "7th" in the "Mane 7". He doesn't have an element, but he's a main character who's been crucial to the ponie's success thus far

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

I always though the Mane6 was out of balance ever since Twilight turned into an alicorn. 

If you don't know what I mean by that..

1 Alicorn

2 Pegasi

2 Earth Ponies

1 Unicorn

Doyouseemyproblemhere?

Unfortunately spike is a mere dragon, a sexy dragon, but a dragon nonetheless.

Having another unicorn in the Mane6 would help balance my OCD, side its been bugging me since the season 3 finale.

• Brohoof 6

For one thing, the Elements of Harmony are no more, so I don't think we have to worry about assigning any to any prospective new main characters. But if need were to be for Sunset, I think she should be the only one without an element. If adding Sunset to the main cast were the case, this would be the best way to keep up her supporting role from Rainbow Rocks (which was actually a plot point when the Dazzlings tried to manipulate her by telling her the rest of the Mane 6 were the ones having all the fun).

The only problem this would create is it would upstage Spike, who was in the show since minute one, already fits this supporting role (most of the time), and is badly in need of character development. This shows that throwing in another main character while the closest thing to a seventh main character is already suffering from development and characterization issues is not really a good idea.

• Brohoof 2

Yea, its pretty hard to maintain 6 main characters, let alone a 7th.

Tbh, Applejack doesn't even seem like a part of the mane6, there are background ponies more mane6 than Appleack.

And how would adding a new element even work? The elements that exist now, are the only elements that exist, so how would you add another one in there? Who would create the necklace thing?

• Brohoof 1

I'm guessing you can guess where this is going but let's assume we find ourselves with Sunset Shimmer joining the group.  My question for y'all is what element of harmony would you push for her to represent as number 7?  I'm tending to go with forgiveness or reformation (something along those lines).  Considering her history I think that would be very fitting, your thoughts?

I don't think it would be an element of harmony perse, but I could be something apart of the elements that could represent good, like the crystal heart. It doesn't represent any element, but it's important in keeping harmony in Equestria. I believe that because, I think a seventh element coming out of nowhere would be ridiculous, specially not that the Mane6 have their own castle 

So, Sunset Shimmer is... the Element... of Harmony.

That is actually what came to my mind when I read the original post. In a way ... that kind of fits.

Edited by Sapana

I always thought there should've been seven elements of harmony instead of six and that the seventh one should've been Love but that's just me. But yeah I do like the idea of Sunset joining and being the Element of Forgiveness.

If they made Sunset the 7th member, she could become Twilight's student as it was hinted in RR. That would help Twilight spread the magic of friendship to others and would make sense with her new title.

Yes yes I did. I just don't get if she's a pony or a human originally 

pony originally, she was princess celestia's top student before twilight.

and im all for SS joining the mane 6, theyre definitely setting SOMETHING up with the permanent connection portal that twilight set up and that little book that sunset implied she was going to use at the end of RR

• Brohoof 2

pony originally, she was princess celestia's top student before twilight.

and im all for SS joining the mane 6, theyre definitely setting SOMETHING up with the permanent connection portal that twilight set up and that little book that sunset implied she was going to use at the end of RR

Oh. Thanks for telling me 

• Brohoof 1

How about we just keep it down to 6 elements for simplicity and count Sunset as high ranking supporting character like Spike, Discord, the CMC Shining Armor and the other Princesses?

Edited by Jangobadass

And come to think of it I forgot to mention a couple points.  It'll put us back to '3 of each' for pegusi, unicorns, and earth ponies.  Plus as far as a new element of harmony it may sound a bit corny or something but my thought of in-story it goes along the lines of, "True forgiveness takes time."

And come to think of it I forgot to mention a couple points. It'll put us back to '3 of each' for pegusi, unicorns, and earth ponies. Plus as far as a new element of harmony it may sound a bit corny or something but my thought of in-story it goes along the lines of, "True forgiveness takes time."

Isn't that part of Generosity though?

Element of Unity : Because of bad Sunset, the Humane 6 were required to unite in order to defeat her. As good Sunset, she unites the group as they begin to fall apart. She was also the final piece of the puzzle necessary to defeat the Dazzlings. Whether good or bad, Sunset has always had the power to bring friends together :)

Yes! This is perfect, I definitely agree with this. She's the one that united her friends at the end of Rainbow Rocks despite the fact that she didn't get treated too well throughout the whole movie.