Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

normally I hate the idea of anypony being added or taken away from the mane six. But I really like the idea of sunset shimmer joining! I mean she could be like a new twilight with the letters and all. Although this is kind of unlikely but it would be cool if she write in every once in a while just to kind of put both of the cannons together a little more.     

• Brohoof 1

pony originally, she was princess celestia's top student before twilight.

and im all for SS joining the mane 6, theyre definitely setting SOMETHING up with the permanent connection portal that twilight set up and that little book that sunset implied she was going to use at the end of RR

I just want to say awesome picture. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Sunset Shimmer will take up the Element of Magic since Twilight kind of turned into the Element of Friendship? That would be my only guess...

Wasn't the element of magic technically friendship...?

Unless I'm mistaken.

After seeing Rainbow Rocks it got me wondering whether Sunset Shimmer might be considered a element of harmony/friendship and if so what would she represent?

If so I'd guess she'd represent Love which might sound odd because of her past as a villain but after she turned good she seems so sweet and committed to her friends 

Edited by ImogenOnscreen
  • Brohoof 1

I almost consider her the Element of Magic for the CHS world. I suppose she could be magnanimity, but she was the recipient of that. If you want to use the word in one of it's least used ways, the Element of Diversity (Change). 

• Brohoof 4

I'm with Jeric on this one. Sunny kinda seems like the EQG universe analog to Twilight, now that she's done her 180 and been accepted by the Mane 5 of that world.

Ignoring the fact that there is now an ACTUAL human Twilight, who may be an analog to pony Sunset Shimmer? Questions abound.

I think she will help m6 about knowing the evilness, because she was actually in dark side like Anakin Skywalker. I dont know, how to call that element...

Just like Starswirl cant done that friendship spell because he not known friendship too much.

Hey there @@ImogenOnscreen, I've merged your thread with an already existing one on this topic. In the future please use the search function to ensure your thread doesn't already exist.

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool for Sunset to join the mane 6, I think. As for what element she would represent? I'm really not sure about that.

Element of Unity : Because of bad Sunset, the Humane 6 were required to unite in order to defeat her. As good Sunset, she unites the group as they begin to fall apart. She was also the final piece of the puzzle necessary to defeat the Dazzlings. Whether good or bad, Sunset has always had the power to bring friends together :)

Yep, though i doubt that she's joining the Mane 6(or Humane 6)

Elements of Harmony Accounted for:

Magic / Friendship in and of itself. 

Kindness

Loyalty

Fun

Generosity

Honesty

Elements of Harmony NOT accounted for.

Sacrifice - Although this is really more of an element of love than friendship

Patience

Teamwork

Understanding or something similar 

Protection

I've read that the Ancient Greeks believed that friendship was only possible between equals.  Twilight is no longer their equal.  (Twily, you raised the sun.  You see any other pony doing that?)  When she was little, she had her doll Smarty Pants.  She outgrew the doll & she has outgrown the others.  This doesn't mean she no longer loves them, it means she is responsible for all of Equestria.  She can't focus on just Ponyvile & neglect the rest.  AJ, for example, can't neglect her farm & her family to go off & save Equestria all the time.

And yet, should T be less than she can be?  Hold herself back to what her friends can be? It is like the situation in Toy Story 3

Maybe Sunset Shimmer could fill T's role & T become more of an elder statesman.  However, since Twilight is the most popular character, I do not see this line of thought prevailing.  I see T reducing herself to stay w her friends.

Ah well, all we can do is wait & see what season 5 brings.  This whole discussion is just a sign we're getting antsy.

• Brohoof 1