Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How addicted are you to MLP?

Emperor Posh

Addiction?  

161 users have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your addiction?

• There is no number that can explain my addiction!

i agree idk why either! I hate the ponies you find at like target or fref myers etc that look nothing like them. Like omygosh the other day i was at walgreens and there was princess celesta but she was pink.. And my sister said she looked more like pinkie pie (with a horn) then celest.. Well thats cool that the fans make better one then hasbro! Keep me up to date

Yeah I had a wtf moment when I saw the pink Celestia, I was talking to my friend about it and he said there should be a mandatory requirement that the designers have to watch MLP: FiM before they can design anything.

Wow um where to start with this? Uh anyway I was really addicted when first got into the show and I was nervous as hell because I know I was gonna get flack from friends for watching something with the name "My Little Pony". I still do to this day. lol

Anywho I watched episode after episode until I was done with all 3 seasons and then I started seeking out anything related to gen 4 of MLP. I probably watched whatever you name it fan music, fan art, fan fiction and all the sorts. I was a wreak to be honest. But now I've mellowed out. I still squeal like a little girl whenever I find anything Fim related in the stores I go to shop at or online. I would definitely rate it through the roof. :P

• Brohoof 1

Wow um where to start with this? Uh anyway I was really addicted when first got into the show and I was nervous as hell because I know I was gonna get flack from friends for watching something with the name "My Little Pony". I still do to this day. lol

Anywho I watched episode after episode until I was done with all 3 seasons and then I started seeking out anything related to gen 4 of MLP. I probably watched whatever you name it fan music, fan art, fan fiction and all the sorts. I was a wreak to be honest. But now I've mellowed out. I still squeal like a little girl whenever I find anything Fim related in the stores I go to shop at or online. I would definitely rate it through the roof. :P

Yeah I am only a few weeks of being a brony and I honestly do not care if my friends know or not, I post pony pictures all the time on Facebook now, hey if they cannot accept me for who I am then they don't need to know me.

Hmm, let me think. I am on fimfic 24 hours a day, when I'm not I'm watching pony videos, I always fantasize when trying to fall asleep (not cloping), ever since I found this site I haven't left, I have watched every episode about 12 times each, and I have more fanfics in my read later than I know what to do with. Now I don't have any merch but I am working on that.

• Brohoof 1

Not really THAT addicted per say, However it is a nice show to watch after you come home tired from work and just want to relax. Also the amount of fan material is just staggering with all the fan fics, music, art etc etc. So for me it is more of a way to just sit down and relax and forget about the rest of the world, But hey isn't that pretty much what all entertainment is for? except very few show are as light hearted as MLP while still having an awesome story line and amazing character development. 

• Brohoof 2

I care more about MLP then allot of things, but i will usually put these things in front of it. I try to do allot of things in the community but only have time to get a few things done, maybe make some fanart and watch a few episodes, i try to watch at least 2 a day :)

• Brohoof 2

I did a 3. Now some people are probably going to be like "You're not a fan then!" ... well maybe. But I'm not addicted to the show. I haven't watched it in like... umm.. a month? Idk. I still haven't gotten past the 3rd episode of season three :/ I like watching it with my sister and she doesn't want to watch it yet so oh well then. I wouldn't even say I'm addicted to the fandom. This is why my number is low. I enjoy it but I could go a week with being disconnected from it. Fandom won't miss me and I won't miss the fandom. 3 sounds good though. I would miss all of you and the sites and tumblrs and all that after awhile. 

So do I enjoy it? Yeah, a lot. Do I have an addiction to the show? No. Would I miss any of it if I was without it for awhile? Yep.

Well...

1: I hypnotized myself into thinking I'm Pinkie Pie.

2: I have obtained what I like to call a mystical portal plushie.

3: I'm on these forums, EQD, and lots of other ones.

4: My desktop background has only been ponies for over a year.

5: If there's a pony mod for a game, I get it. Skyrim, Dungeons of Dredmor, ect.

6: I made a huge Pinkie Pie out of pearler beads.

7: I am know as the brony at school.

8: I wrote an essay on ponies.

9: I have over 500 MP3 files on my computer, all of them pony songs.

10: I'm well-known as a brony on all the other forums I'm active on.

:D

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't say I depend on it or anything so extreme, however being a brony is an integral part of my identity. I wouldn't be where I am now without this show, and "where I am" is far better then where I was going.

When I saw Rainbow Rocks only recently and the scene cut back to Equestria, seeing the Mane Six made me light up and brightened my day. It was almost like I didn't even know how much I missed this show. Rarity just working on some new project, Pinkie inflating then proceeding to hover on a balloon, and Twilight throwing together an inter dimensional portal machine with virtually no effort and some pseudo science worthy of the Doctor. It was all so familiar that, as saccharine as it might sound, it gave me the sense of being home. 

• Brohoof 3

When I saw Rainbow Rocks only recently and the scene cut back to Equestria, seeing the Mane Six made me light up and brightened my day. It was almost like I didn't even know how much I missed this show. Rarity just working on some new project, Pinkie inflating then proceeding to hover on a balloon, and Twilight throwing together an inter dimensional portal machine with virtually no effort and some pseudo science worthy of the Doctor. It was all so familiar that, as saccharine as it might sound, it gave me the sense of being home.

I had the same feeling :) that scene became my favorite of the movie just because of that.

• Brohoof 1

Id say about a 7. 

Like what Steel Accord said, I also do find it to be like a home to return to. Not that I obsess over it, spouting it wherever I go, but I know its still inside. 

When the day gets tiring, I just have to withdraw into my alcove of ponies (and increasingly these days, horses. took up horseriding). If I dont get to do so after a while, I do get irritable, so id say thats the addiction side. 

This is a good question.  I think I'm a 6 on a scale from one to ten.  When a new episode comes on I try to catch it right away.  :D  But I don't lie awake in bed in anticipation of it.  I don't thirst for MLP like somebody lost in the desert.  :P  Nonetheless I enjoy each new episode that comes out and then coming here to discuss it immediately afterwards.  I feel like I'm at a loss on the occasions when real life events interfere and I'm not able to do that.  :( 

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. Curious question for me since I am a 'completionist' in a sense. So I would be driven naturally to watch anything new if it is something I love. It helps that I have family that adore the show. I re-watch an episode weekly, but do listen to at least a song or two daily. As of yet it hasn't interfered with my IRL life (family first) and has thus far only competed with other fan interests I have.

Hmm

I'll rank it a 5 on an addiction level. 6 if you factor in MLPF/PV. It's in that healthy range. I intend on keeping it there. To give you a frame of reference ... I'm an 8 when it comes to books. :D