Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you have preferred if EG was never made?

J.T.

Just what the title says. While most people have grown to accept EG, when it first started it was almost universally hated. So having been through two movies now do you still wish it had never been made to start with?

• Brohoof 1

No, I think it adds a very interesting element to the series actually, and to be honest I think it's kinda cool to see them as humans. Most important of all, I loved both movies, especially Rainbow Rocks which is now my all-time favorite movie. :)

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2

The only way it would make me feel better is if in place of them they made pony movies. But quite frankly, it doesn't matter because the creators themselves said that the events which took place in EG aren't canon, so I can disregard it if I wanted.

I liked the first movie, but haven't seen the second as of yet. Really, the first movie, while not that great, wasn't terrible by any means. Really, there were certain things that I liked about it.

In the end, I'd prefer we just keep them and see how they develop. Besides, it's canon anyway, so it is what it is. Probably not show-level canon, but comparable to the comics anyway. :)

• Brohoof 1

I will never ever wish for something to be unmade. One way or the other it changes our perception of the things we enjoy. I didn't care for EG as much as others but neither did I hate it but it does bring new concepts to the table. Concepts that can be used in the future of the franchise.

I don't like Battlefield Earth or Batman and Robin, but I don't want them unmade, because they provide too many moments for comedic gold, so I owe a debt of gratitude to Equestria Girls; it contributed to me to become a brony. Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks also permanently cemented me to remain a brony, now I have friends, for I felt something was missing in my life, so now I have discovered what I needed, a fandom with some great media moments, whether it was with ponies or ponified girls, I am glad the Equestria Girls films were made, otherwise I would have lucked out of being in a great popular culture phenomenon.

I liked the first one when I saw it. I never understood the hate. So no, I don't wish it was never made. I'm glad it exists.

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually really glad it was made, I personally find the Equestria Girls movies (especially Rainbow Rocks) to be better than the actual show. 

Thats a bold statement friend.

• Brohoof 4

To be honest, although Rainbow Rocks was a great movie, I'm going to have to go a different route and say that this franchise would have been better off without Equestria Girls. Story-wise, its existence complicates the show's established canon, diminishes the role of the world of Equestria which is one of the main draws of the series, and adds little to nothing if it has no bearing on the plot of the show. Not to mention that the dolls themselves are a completely different can of worms.

Basically, this: http://animationanomaly.com/2013/03/26/equestria-girls-breaks-the-law-of-brand-extension/#.VFAK-mnD9pU

• Brohoof 1