Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you have preferred if EG was never made?

J.T.

I would prefer if it was never made. I don't hate it, but I'm not a fan of it either. The crew did a good job with the job they were given. It could have been much worse.

The main thing that irks me about it is the motivation behind it.

Someone up at Hasbro was all like " Lets make 'em peoplez now and make moar moniez!!!!! :muffins:

Gotta cash in on the Monster High train somehow!"

It definitely wasn't in Faust's "Creative" vision. ^_^

post-24370-0-90259900-1403226183_thumb.jpg

I think the mane 6 look very awkward in the movies. Their clothes are weird and they are WAY too skinny. I'm also NOT a fan of the whole "high school scene" and all that crap that goes with it either.  :eww: Been there done that- and I DON'T miss it. The fact that the Mane 6 are past High School in normal MLP is a big reason why I even became interested in the series at all.

However I don't think Sunset Shimmer looks too bad, and I liked when they had "Ghost Maud" bit in the second one :lol:.

Oh- and season 5 would be airing already if the crew didn't have to waste time on the "other projects" >_>;)

So all in all, I don't HATE it, I think the crew did a good job, it's just not my cup of tea.

Edited by steve88

I liked the first one alright, but the second one is awesome! Derpy, Lyra, Sweetie Drops, Octavia, and Bulk Biceps all make appearances, you see the Cutie Mark Crusaders tribute 'The Show Stoppers', Sunset Shimmer is nice, the music is much better, Rainbow Power included, the sirens are badass, and Sonata Dusk is just hilarious. If I were into having a pony "waifu" it would probably be either Sonata or Sunset, purely because of Rainbow Rocks. (though Rainbow Dash will always be my main waifu)

• 2 weeks later...
I think the mane 6 look very awkward in the movies. Their clothes are weird and they are WAY too skinny. I'm also NOT a fan of the whole "high school scene" and all that crap that goes with it either.  :eww: Been there done that- and I DON'T miss it. The fact that the Mane 6 are past High School in normal MLP is a big reason why I even became interested in the series at all.

However I don't think Sunset Shimmer looks too bad, and I liked when they had "Ghost Maud" bit in the second one :lol:.

Oh- and season 5 would be airing already if the crew didn't have to waste time on the "other projects" >_>;)

So all in all, I don't HATE it, I think the crew did a good job, it's just not my cup of tea.

I agree that the Equestria Girls recycled the same body builds. There isn't any difference between the builds of the Mane when it should be expected. Applejack and Rainbow Dash should have signs of muscle tone since they are the most physically active.

I'm okay with EQG, and was even fine with it back when it was first announced, even if I hated the initial designs. As long as they keep the events in the EQG movies separate from the established show canon, I don't care if they make ten more EQG movies!

I'm okay with EQG, and was even fine with it back when it was first announced, even if I hated the initial designs. As long as they keep the events in the EQG movies separate from the established show canon, I don't care if they make ten more EQG movies!

It's probably inevitable that we're going to have some cross-overs though. Especially with how popular characters like Sunset Shimmer and the Sirens are.

I've only watched the first movie and like what everybody else has said, I just don't like the styles much. I honestly think it would have worked better if they made them anthro ponies instead of just weirdly colored humans. Plus the whole high school thing? Yeaaaaah no thanks.

I'm okay with this!

As far for Hasbro's intention of making $$$ for EQG, Ehhh! Really typical. At the end of the day, money is always important and hopefully it goes towards making more animation. (Maybe)

I rather like EQG which came as a surprise to me. I do have an issue with the designs...particularly their clothes and choice of color. So saturated and weird. I do wish they had different body types, it would've been way more interesting. Some of the proportions are so weird, and I dislike Celestia and Luna's design in the movie. It's so terrible imo. Hahaha. Outside of the design stuff, there are a ton of issues I have with the storyline. But all in all, I think it reminds me so much of my childhood. Like, stories my sister and I would make up about good girl and bad girl teams at school. Its such a stereotypical highschool thing with typical tropes catering to little girls and its okay, its entertaining and cute! I like the second movie better, it made me interested to see the next installment. If it was the first movie alone, I wouldn't care too much.

• 2 weeks later...

actually i liked the EQG series.

because it expanded the main series,added new characters and make a good example on how the friendships from the pony world work in the human world  :pinkie:  

This is an interesting one, now I know I have posted in this topic late, but i'm going to analyse it.

Lets talk about the good, it produced a good second film, introduced one of the most loveable characters in mlp, Sunset Shimmer, and provided us with a trio of great villains.

Now the bad is a lot more plentiful here. For starters it gave us 1 trainwreck of a film that tried its best (luckily failing) at ruining the franchise. I also get the impression that M.A Larson didn't do season 4 because of this film, now S4 was still great, but could have been better with Larson. The movie was insulting to the fans, giving us a crappy high school drama instead of a slice of life/adventure/fantasy movie. And thats another thing, we could have got something much better. Like they were considering making Magical Mystery Cure movie and that would've certainly have happened if Lauren Faust still did the show, which she quit because she thought something lile this was on the horrizon.

Overall we got a movie that ruined the purity of the show, a decent movie but not essential and quite forgetful, and a character who as likeable as she was, Sunset Shimmer was just another Luna, only fleshed out more. And she won't ever come into tne show which makes her wasted.

So overall I wish it had never been made. Also as a guy said, there the culprit for season delays, and as good as RR was I would have prefered it if S5 was airing right now, as it sound great.

Edited by Arctofire

• 5 years later...

Yes and no.

You see, Equestria Girls destroyed everything! Before it was a thing, Twilight had no wings, and there are billions of Bronies online!

But then, Forgotten Friendship happened, and it was worth it! :love:

I'm pretty chill when it comes to more content, I'm happy it was made! I had fun riffing on the first movie with friends when that was new, so even questionable content can be great fun, and what we got from there onwards was pretty fun too! :P

Edited by Kadae
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like EQG, even though I've never seen an episode or movie before, but some others enjoy EQG and by getting rid of it I would end up getting rid of the joy they had through watching it. So, I would not prefer if EQG was never made, for the sake of others.

I don't see why it really matters if it exists or not. It was handled in such a way that you can easily watch FiM on its own, pretend E.G. doesn't even exist, and it has zero impact. Just like Star Wars E.U. before Disney put it on the chopping block.

As for me, I'm glad it's here. I think it did a lot for fans that went beyond the story itself, such as providing a convenient template for VERY easy cosplays of favorite characters.

"Rainbow Rocks" had a huge impact on me and somehow healed a lot of the trauma I had when I was in my warzone of a school system; it gave me a place I would've been proud to be a part of, even if only in my mind. And a couple of the songs are the most powerful and beloved in all of the I.P.

Would you have preferred if EG was never made?

If Equestria Girls didn't exist we wouldn't have Sci-Twi or Midnight Sparkle, which means two thirds of Team Las Pegasus 2018 wouldn't exist,

which means @Denim&Venöm and I wouldn't be able to compete together and build a stronger Best Forum Friends For Five-ever bond! :sunny:

I like the equestria girls their really cute!

On 12/22/2014 at 7:43 PM, Arctofire said:

This is an interesting one, now I know I have posted in this topic late, but i'm going to analyse it.

Lets talk about the good, it produced a good second film, introduced one of the most loveable characters in mlp, Sunset Shimmer, and provided us with a trio of great villains.

Now the bad is a lot more plentiful here. For starters it gave us 1 trainwreck of a film that tried its best (luckily failing) at ruining the franchise. I also get the impression that M.A Larson didn't do season 4 because of this film, now S4 was still great, but could have been better with Larson. The movie was insulting to the fans, giving us a crappy high school drama instead of a slice of life/adventure/fantasy movie. And thats another thing, we could have got something much better. Like they were considering making Magical Mystery Cure movie and that would've certainly have happened if Lauren Faust still did the show, which she quit because she thought something lile this was on the horrizon.

Overall we got a movie that ruined the purity of the show, a decent movie but not essential and quite forgetful, and a character who as likeable as she was, Sunset Shimmer was just another Luna, only fleshed out more. And she won't ever come into tne show which makes her wasted.

So overall I wish it had never been made. Also as a guy said, there the culprit for season delays, and as good as RR was I would have prefered it if S5 was airing right now, as it sound great.

tbh when I watched the movie I thought sunset shimmer was interesting but when she became reformed i feel like she was just another reformed villian background character while Princess Luna actually holds more influence towards me.

• 1 month later...

Given I turned out...somewhat happier with EQG than the main show(I.e. I actually finished it...or at least I intend on finishing it), I’d say no, Especially since I’ve gotten more serious about collecting EQG Minis