Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite video game OST(s)?

Invincible

Part of the gaming experience, for me, is hearing the soundtrack, in all it's glory, setting ambiance and mood. Whether it's a boss-battle tune, some engaging conversation background music, a character theme, you name it. 

Here are a few examples:

This amazing music is one of the few tracks playing while exploring through the game world morrowind. The scenic feel this piece delivers complements the whole exploration niche of the game.

This haunting melody plays in World of Warcraft, a location called Karazhan you get to explore with a large party (a raid). The place is a large, haunted castle with weird crap going all over it. Very fitting!

Anyone else sharing my sentiments?

• Brohoof 1

Gonna say right now; I like MapleStory's OST. Whoever they have composing for this terribly pay2win MMO...he knows what he's doing. My top two favorite tracks (one from a party quest area in a haunted castle, the other from an anime-based giant robot area):

Also gotta give a mention to ANYTHING from the Super Robot Wars series, for those of you that like 8-bit or 16-bit renditions of anime openings.

SRW A - Last Impression

SRW D - HEATS

SRW D - Stand Up to the Victory

• Brohoof 2

Tough choice cause there are so many great ones but will go with

1Castlevaina Symphony of the Night

2 FFXIV, yes the MMO, listen to Garuda Fight and Good Moogle King if you don't believe me

Part of the gaming experience, for me, is hearing the soundtrack, in all it's glory, setting ambiance and mood. Whether it's a boss-battle tune, some engaging conversation background music, a character theme, you name it. 

Here are a few examples:

This amazing music is one of the few tracks playing while exploring through the game world morrowind. The scenic feel this piece delivers complements the whole exploration niche of the game.

This haunting melody plays in World of Warcraft, a location called Karazhan you get to explore with a large party (a raid). The place is a large, haunted castle with weird crap going all over it. Very fitting!

Anyone else sharing my sentiments?

#MorrowindIsBestGame

I already made a VGM thread.

*waits for The Spoon to cosmically collide the 2 threads*

While Morrowind has probably my all time favorite video game soundtrack, I must say that I am enjoying Azure Striker Gunvolt's soundtrack quite a bit. The random J-pop goodness that occurs occasionally is rather nice when you are dashing around.

Gonna say right now; I like MapleStory's OST. Whoever they have composing for this terribly pay2win MMO...he knows what he's doing. My top two favorite tracks (one from a party quest area in a haunted castle, the other from an anime-based giant robot area):

I have to agree. While I am not too fond of the game itself, the music for it is pretty nice. I am rather fond of the Temple of Time.

Edited by 'Tia Leaf
  • Brohoof 2

The Halo soundtracks are the best, I have them all. Halo 3 ODST OST is the best in my opinion, Rain is my favourite soundtrack.

Assassin's Creed 2's: Ezio's Family is my favourite AC soundtrack.u

"A good life we lead, brother", -Frederico

"The best. May it never change", -Ezio

"And may it never change us". -Frederico 

I always enjoyed the music to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, it fits the game perfectly.  Also, the original Deus Ex has perhaps the best title screen theme ever.

Beyond Earth which just came out also has a stellar sound track.

• Brohoof 1

Got quite a few myself. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Super Meat Boy, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Half-Life, the list goes on and on.

• Brohoof 2

Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament, Star Fox, Xenogears, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin & Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X

• Brohoof 2

I'm fond of a great many videogame OSTs, tons of great composers over the years and there are countless, timeless tracks both classic and modern out there.

My favorite OST of all time though, has to be from one game: Xenoblade Chronicles. Because really, when it comes to videogame music...

get

much

better

than

this.

I honestly can't pick out one bad song in the game's entire soundtrack, I've literally ran around the game's various vistas for hours and never got tired of the music anywhere. It's that just good! :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I'm fond of a great many videogame OSTs, tons of great composers over the years and there are countless, timeless tracks both classic and modern out there.

My favorite OST of all time though, has to be from one game: Xenoblade Chronicles. Because really, when it comes to videogame music...

it

doesn't

get

much

better

than

this.

I honestly can't pick out one bad song in the game's entire soundtrack, I've literally ran around the game's various vistas for hours and never got tired of the music anywhere. It's that just good! :wub:

Morrowind.

DOO DOO DOOOOOO

The BlazBlue series, Okami, anything Pokemon, the Trauma Center series, and Kid Icarus: Uprising all have great soundtracks. The sheer size and scope of Brutal Legend's comes to mind. And what I've heard of Xenoblade and MGR: Revengeance is also impressive. There's others, but they don't immediately come to mind.

If I had to pick two to share, they'd be

And

Edited by Yerserf
  • Brohoof 1