Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people celebrate Halloween where you live?

RainbowMau

• 4 months later...

Yep, this is a weird time to bump this; sue me :P

Not as much as elsewhere- it's just not a huge deal over here, I guess =/ - but there are a few trick or treaters around here during Halloween, I believe. The fact that the town at night has its fair share of unpleasant individuals doesn't really make it ideal for trick or treating...  -_- I don't think anyone even came to my house in the last few years, that's how small Halloween is here  :unsure: Though we still get lots of the Halloween foods and decorations in the stores, long before the day begins :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm in the US so of course yes but me personally it's one of my least favorite holidays. Even as a kid my parents forced me to go trick or treating so they could have candy lol.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I live in a nice place near a lake, most people are nice here, and there's a few that are really mean to me because i'm different, So most people set up decor.s and stuff and wait until children knock on their door, but the one thing i hated when i used to do it is when the lights were on in a house, i knock it, then they just turn off the lights and hope we go away, like douches ¬_¬

• 2 years later...

My family goes big on Halloween. They whole front yard dress up and costumes and all that. I've never liked to do it though, too much interactions.

In germany, there are a few halloween parties and some little children goes from house to house and ask for candy. But it is not so big as in the USA. I don't celebrate Halloween. I only made this once when I was a child.

In Hungary we never celebrated Halloween. Or anything like that really :/ Still, some people want to bring it here, but those attemts mostly fail :P

In the UK in general, yes, in my town not any more. Here in the UK it's not as big as in the US, people only dress up as monsters and most houses remain dark and undecorated, even those that are giving away sweets. It's a general rule you don't go to the undecorated or dark houses, but some of these do have a pumpkin or a bowl of sweets to encourage people to come up. My town gave up on it the last year I went trick or treating, pretty much every house was dark that year.

Unfortunately not. While the stores do sell a lot of Halloween-themed stuff, no one really goes trick or treating around here and I haven't even seen people walk around in costumes either. Which is a shame. :wat: Maybe Finland prefers Halloween as personal parties instead of a public holiday.

Yes.

Every year, I see someone dress up. So there are people who celebrate it. Used to love it, but now it's just another day on the calendar for me. I'm not one who dresses up for parties, and I never get trick-or-treaters in my neck of the woods.

Nothing too official, most people don't care, it's just the young bunch that might do a party or something.