Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mine little testy pony MT game

lunarpony7

I've been working on a mod called Mine Little Testy Pony for a game called Minetest. It's based off of a mod called Mine Little Pony for Minecraft. Yes, I really did think of an original name didn't I? I put it on a public server along with some other random mods, thus "Mine Little Testy Server BETA" was born! 

All of the custom mods running on the server are unfinished (there are 3 so far), I plan on eventually making a "subgame" which is a collection of mods and modpacks bundled together. I plan on the final subgame having a much heavier MLP theme than the test server has. I plan on doing custom biomes, maybe custom mobs, and altering several other mods, or at least changing out their textures.

The main part it the subgame the mltp modpack, which essentially only has basic skins now. I have some simple pony race specific things added like speed for earth ponies, and higher jump for pegasi (alicorns get everything). I also have the ability to cycle through different physics settings, currently there is normal, alternate, and flight.

I'm still working on the flight system for pegasus and alicorns, it's about 80% done more or less, the animations just get screwed up too easily, but the flying part works well (it's locked in the server). I also plan on adding a magic system, that let's you use magical powers if you are a unicorn/alicorn. Another component I really need to add is an upgrade system where you start off only being able to use earth pony powers, then you can craft an upgrade to use flight, then magic.

last but not least, edible flowers :derp:

Image gallery showing some places in testing server, pony models, and pony flight (not currently available in the server)

post-30193-0-77616100-1417252052_thumb.png
post-30193-0-66706600-1417252054_thumb.png
post-30193-0-32982200-1417252074_thumb.png

Unoccupied attempts on my part to make a good ponyville house style.
post-30193-0-75081700-1417252055_thumb.png
post-30193-0-11070200-1417252057_thumb.png
post-30193-0-52460900-1417252051_thumb.png

Do you want to play this game? Here's how!

• First download minetest from minetest.net, It's 100% free and one of those few games that are open source.
  • Unzip the downloaded file into a folder of your choosing, open it, then open "bin", then run minetest.exe
  • Once the game is open click the "client" tab, and either paste 98.237.133.224 into the address field, or look for "mine Little Testy Server BETA" in the public server list box. You must also choose a username and a password, these will only apply to my server as unlike Minecraft, Minetest is has a per server user system.
  • Once inside either me (fyregryph_) or someone with lvl1 clearance or higher will have to give you the "normal" rank before you can interact with the world.

The rules are commonsense basically, have fun!

Also check be sure to pick out a pony skin you like! The skins menu is in the inventory(I key) > Pinkie icon. Before you do that you should go into 3rd person view with f7.

Note: the current version of the skins mod on the server apparently doesn't save your skin settings after you leave, it should be fixed next time I update the mod on the server.

edit: total rewrite

Edited by fyrepony
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...