Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks Why does everyone like Sonata Dusk?

Soldier Surplus

I didn't really get her popularity too. Sure she's airheaded and kinda random but, for me, she seems just as set to regain her siren powers as the other two. Which makes her just as bad.

Who doesn't like/love Sonata?

I don't. I'm quite neutral towards her, just another go in, go out character. Like most villain of the week in the show. Edited by StarChaser

Because Taco Tuesday.

Nuff' said.

In all seriousness, I don't understand it. I didn't understand the thing going on with Derpy, and I have not with Sonata.

Edited by (BDN) Zeusking19

I can't honestly say why, but I bet she wouldn't have been as popular if she didn't have that 'Taco Tuesday' line. If there's one thing I've noticed, it's that the fandom will latch on to random lines from characters, and make them a thing, (i.e. 20% cooler, Fluttershy being a tree, Derpy and muffins). And then it just kind of snowballs from there.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda think of her as similar to Pinkie Pie since she looks at an evil plot that is supposed to be diabolical and makes it seem less so by just being a part of it and she kinda has a bit of that adorable innocence and while Adagio and Aria are evil (not that Sonata is not) but its like they only have her cause they need her to complete their evil schemes. 

• 2 weeks later...

The thought just occured to me, how interested would everypony be to see Sonata Dusk make a return, but kinda reform a bit like Sunset Shimmer? :P ... I dont particularly care for the other dazzlings, but i'd certainly like to see more Sonata :D !

Sonata's gorgeous.

gcatg.jpg

But then again, all the sirens are. It's kind of part of the job description.

She also seems to be the one with the most potential to be good. Despite claiming that the human world is "the worst", she actually seems pretty content to make the best out of her banishment, and enjoy the good parts of human life, like Taco Tuesday.

She's a willing participant in the sirens' plot, but mostly she seems to go along with it because, well, that's just what sirens are supposed to do. Early on in the film she openly admits that they sing to get people to do their bidding, but Adagio shuts her up; Sonata presumably wouldn't have revealed this if she thought it was anything bad, if it was something to be ashamed of; for her, it's just what sirens do, so she does it. Adagio is the scheming one, and Aria though she doesn't come up with the plan, seems to show more awareness that what they are doing is evil.

• Brohoof 1

I think the reason she became so popular is because she's like the evil Pinkie Pie who seems to be one of the most popular of the Mane Six, while some people seem to conveniently forget the evil part of her personality and believe that she's really good, but is too emotionally abused by Aria and Adagio to stand up to her.

Which, I don't really buy given

how gleefully she sort of planted the idea for the trap in Trixie's head and gleefully rubbed in the fact that Sunset was excluded from the Rainbooms with the "Too bad, so sad!" line.

Her airheadedness is something that also seems to appeal to others due to her occasional moments of randomness and how it contrasts with Adagio and Aria, who seem to be far more serious and methodical about their plans.

And of course, the aesthetics of her character design also seem to be a significant factor as she comes off as cute to some. 

am glad that Maryke Hendrikse got to come back to do a voice for the franchise again-even if it wasn't for Gilda-but, the siren herself annoys me, personally.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...