Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moved to Elsewhere

You ever had those personal issues on the forums that might not seem like a big deal to other people, but you are personally bothered with it? Well, here's the thread to share those forum pet peeves.

When people start conversations in my status

When a thread gets locked right when I'm about to post in it.

When someone replies to me at a time when I don't feel like doing anything

So post away!

• Brohoof 10

@

I don't really have a problem with any of those.. and to be honest, the only pet peeve I can think of is flaming and unnecessary derogatory comments outside of RP.

(And in the RP that's only generally from characters who have that sort of personality...)

Other than that, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.. *Huggles* :D

Edited by Storm Shine

Mine are:

-When I get ninja'd in a forum game and my post no longer makes sense, especially if I'm too lazy to edit it.

-When I'm expecting a reply from someone in a PM, and I get notified, but the message is from someone else

-Not getting notified of PMs

-When I find a cool background or avatar that I want but the file size is too big

-When I reply to a status and the status becomes really popular, meaning my notifications get filled up of people replying to said status.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 16

Ho boy, we're going down that road again, are we?

Okie doke.

Well, like you, I don't enjoy it when people start a conversation in one of my statuses. You wanna start a conversation do it through a PM.

I also don't like it when some of the more popular members use their popularity for their own personal gain. That's disgusting and they should feel bad for doing so.

Plus, I don't like it when someone criticizes someone else for what pony they think is best. That's even more wrong. Just accept that not everyone will like X more than Y.

• Brohoof 7

I use the mobile version pretty much 100% of the time.

While it's rather efficient to use this version there's a couple bugs that drive me to the point of insanity.

1. The keyboard crashes. Usually this happens once in great while while I'm typing out a long paragraph. When this happens I have to reboot Safari and log right the hell back in and start all over again.

2. When I'm searching images on another tab, the tab I have up for MLP Forums crashes and logs me out forcing me to log in AGAIN.

• Brohoof 2

When people send me a friend request without even talking to me. It makes me feel like they're just using me to fill up their friends list >.>

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 11

That feel when...

-your notification box explodes, and 90% of them turn out to be status updates.

-you get status updates you think are important, but turn out to be a simple "good morning", "good night", or "meh".

-one user goes and brohoofs all your posts in a forum game, causing your inbox to explode.

-the site loads slowly after being redirected from a Google search.

-you get attacked by browser hijackers when Google lets in the seedy advertisers.

-you're in a really good RP, but you're too busy to respond and it ends up dying.

-you're too busy on so many different areas of the site.

-your best friend/waifu is on while you're off, either because of time difference or because one or the other is busy.

-you're too busy elsewhere to browse the forums.

-this forum is so active and addicting that you feel compelled to check it when you're in a public place or when you want to stay away from the site to take a break.

-you can't reply or view replies to a status update on mobile.

-you have to manually code emoticons on tablets and mobile.

-you want to use a feature not available on mobile, so you switch to desktop and it crashes your phone browser.

-someone uploads a corrupted picture.

-someone uploads a song on a very busy thread, and you have to keep refreshing the page.

-Android's lack of multitasking ability makes it difficult to watch videos/listen to music while browsing the forums.

-someone pretends to be you by stealing your avatar and actually fools people into thinking it's you. ( :comeatus:) (It's fun and surreal to me, not as annoying as some would find it. :D )

Edited by NIGHTWIND BOREAS #1
  • Brohoof 7

Well, have not much problem in the forum, I was little annoyed when no one repond to my thread, sure there something to say. I should get too annoyed over it but feel there must be something to say. Yes, sometime people not sure what to say or don't want to reply.

When I join the forum, I was worried I might get some people that turn me down. Cos I had it in some brony social networks, but no problem with anyone.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like the fact I have to keep switching to mobile/MlpForums every time I use my kindle. For whatever reason the forums thinks my kindle is some sort of laptop. Which none of the reply boxes work anyway!

People that friend everyone as soon as they make an account and are never seen again.

That and blog spamming >.>

• Brohoof 3

- The mobile version of the site kinda blows. At least it lets you switch to the regular version, though.

- Nobody wants to rhyme it up in the Zecora fan thread. 

- "THE MOD'S SECRET AGENDA. HIDE YOUR WIFE, HIDE YOUR HUSBANDS, THEY'RE BANNING EVERYONE OUT THERE"  Aint      no reason to get all paranoid about the mods.

• Brohoof 8

1. The instant notification glitch. It doesn't happen as often as before, but it never stops being a royal pain in the plot.

Bashing, mocking, and personal criticisms of users. If you have a grievance, never make it personal. Too many don't separate the definitions. It's worse when staff gets victimized, and I see this way too often in status updates.

The "unpopular opinions" threads, "like/dislike stuff others dislike/like" threads, and any other thread of that nature. Far too many people just post an "opinion" and never back them up with any sort of facts or logic. When they do this, it makes their opinions extremely insincere, and I begin to wonder if they honestly believe what they write. If it weren't for the fact that it's somewhat of a list section, I would call some users out for this and challenge their opinions.

Far too many Fan Club threads get so bloated with pics yet have very little valid discussion. (Because of its size, the Rarity Fan Club desperately needs some Gas-X.) It's the biggest reason why I never post there and don't intend to in the near-future.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

I only have one..

Sometimes I have no idea what to reply. If it's either in a topic or in a status, someone says something to me and I have no idea what to say back. I probably think it's funny but just saying "lol" is awkward.

• Brohoof 2

Oh nothing, just...

post-27395-0-83163800-1414998744_thumb.jpg

Oh also, ignoring messages when someone reads OR

Sends them a message, they view your profile, then decide not to respond. Lol.

• Brohoof 4

When I click on a thread and someone has already said exactly what I was gonna say, and I therefore have nothing to add.

When people go out of their way to talk shit about things you like.

When a picture I post disappears for no reason.

And a few others I don't feel like sharing :nom:

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 4

-I seem to see a lot of members bash the staff for doing their jobs, sure they may do some things you don't agree with but this doesn't mean they need to be portrayed as worse than Hitler for doing what their job is to do. They are here to make the forums a better place so maybe we should cut them some slack

-Notifications box not always notifying me when Im mentioned in posts

-Infrequently being able to post and not post images in certain threads

-Mobile site is just a pain

-People bashing religion in certain threads Ive seen, seriously guys we have the right to believe what we want to and you cant prove or disprove anything  

-All the drama, its sometimes too  much 

Edited by Princess-Sunbutt
  • Brohoof 3

•When people get defensive of their waifus. Now I like Luna. Luna is cute and I like her personality. She has allot of characteristics I would like to have in a girlfriend. Though when someone yells at me screaming "She's my waifu!", I tend to just roll my eyes. It's quite ridiculous when people act like this. As if they have ownership over that particular character.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes when I comment on a thread, and after typing out my thoughts extensively, sometimes  I deicide to edit part of what I had written by pressing "Backspace." This sometimes causes the browser to go back, and when I go back all that I had written would be gone. Not cool, lol.

Edited by whitetiger187

My biggest pet peeve already been metioned

More popular members using it for their own personal gain

Given it doesn't happen like it used to but still annoying

A minor peeve are people that hold grudges and will look for reasons to report the person they have a grudge against. In life and on the forums let it go

• Brohoof 2