Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moved to Elsewhere

Waking up in the morning to find that I have over 20 notifications and they're all status updates.

When people post constant status updates.

A lot of my forum pet peeves have to do with status updates. lol

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Okay so here's some recent pet peeves of mine.

I hate it whenever I see someone take a picture of themselves and they squint their eyes trying to look "fashionable" or whatever I've seen a lot of girls doing it these days and it doesn't make you look cute it makes you stereotypical and obnoxious...

Passengers who stick their nasty looking feet on the dashboard of the car while driving... this is just plain gross whenever you're trying to drive and see this constantly from car to car.

People who use their credit cards and don't even keep up with how much they are spending. It's not my fault your card's not working and I'll be damned if you're going to try and take your frustrations out on me

People who walk extremely slow in public places... oh god. I tend to walk fast, mostly because of my work. But I don't like to beat around the bush whenever I've got stuff i've gotta do. Those people who walk like snails are take up the whole walking space, if I happen to gain the force i'll be the first to use on you :V.

• Brohoof 1

Writing a reply to a thread with a huge list and accidentally making the page refresh.. THIS IS THE 3RD TIME IM WRITING THIS HOLY SHIT

Trying to avoid reading old cringey posts on threads. My god, what was wrong with me in 2014?

Not knowing what to reply.

Having that feeling that I haven't been making enough friends on here, which is totally true.

Feeling dumb compared to everyone else on the forum (probably because I'm really young lel).

When someone replies to a status with just an emote. How am I supposed to reply to that? :P

Having an opinion/statement but not knowing how to word it correctly.

Seeing a great idea for a thread die.

Being afraid to open up to someone, doing it anyway, and the person never replies. It has happened several times with threads and PMs, which is why I rarely even start PMs.

When someone posts something but it's basically the same thing the person before them said. God, that's so annoying. You're not making any new points.

-_-' Why would you do this to me?

• 9 months later...

whenever someone said they want to get to know you first before shooting them a friend request, but sometimes. when i shoot them a message (well its always icebreakers), they don't reply. Like c'mon! Just answer the damn message  :angry:  :angry:

When I have 10 notifications, and they're all status updates from the same user.

Consolidate, folks. Its not a big deal, but come on now.

i also get bugged up whenever i received 259018321 notifications, its just pointless status updates

• Brohoof 1

You know what really bothers me, people having forum pet peeves

Dang it! You took mine! lol. 

I would have to say my biggest pet peeve would be the extensive notifications of status updates. I know I can disable them, but then when I do want to see someones update I don't get notified! lol. double edged sword. So for the most part, I just suck it up. 

• Brohoof 1

Dang it! You took mine! lol. 

I would have to say my biggest pet peeve would be the extensive notifications of status updates. I know I can disable them, but then when I do want to see someones update I don't get notified! lol. double edged sword. So for the most part, I just suck it up. 

especially when i use MLP forums on my mobile too. damn

• Brohoof 1

especially when i use MLP forums on my mobile too. damn

Just thought of another one. Not having an app yet for the forums. lol. biggest pet peeve! :P 

• Brohoof 1

When I hear about that poor couple in Kuwait with bad relationship problems ... and then there a solution ... BUT WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

Spam bots ... so much fun :/

• Brohoof 4

When I hear about that poor couple in Kuwait with bad relationship problems ... and then there a solution ... BUT WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

Spam bots ... so much fun :/

MLPForums should use reCAPTCHA. It would solve the pesky spam bot problem. With only one minor side effect.

post-35992-0-66284200-1463641931_thumb.jpg

I'm kidding. Don't do it. Please.

Well, when in mobile skin I can't reply back to my friend's status updates without going into the full version.

Another would be if you where to go back to your previous page, you're back at the top of the topics page and not where you were before going into a thread near the bottom.

• Brohoof 2

I find it quite annoying that sometimes the notifications appear multiple times even though I've already checked them.

When people come to me wanting to convince them to stay on the website/lovable/dating material. 

That happend to me three times recent, to people I haven't chatted to previously, and it puts me in an awkward spot. 

• Brohoof 1

When people come to me wanting to convince them to stay on the website/lovable/dating material.

That happend to me three times recent, to people I haven't chatted to previously, and it puts me in an awkward spot.

i detest dating websites too. so obnoxious

I hate constantly seeing "This guy has posted a new Status Update" in my notifications. Give me something important for once! Now I get that they can be important, but it's mostly "Good night guys".

• Brohoof 1

I sort of think the rules are a little bit strict. 

To be honest, this is one of the most lenient forums in regards of the rules with the simple fact of allowing a bit of swearing :huh:. Otherwise their rules are hardly any different of any other forum I've been into, as they're not more than basic of good behavior and common sense  :dash: . 

What pet peeves I have though, is since not everyone ever joined a forum  with as many tools as this (most forums I've been in had just the basics), and sometimes you take the usual precautions only for either a mod or admin to write you that "next time use this tool or that"  :lol: (like the queue, I knew about it because I've used to ask the adms, like ALOT, of any potential break of rules, no matter how small, until one of them told me about it  :icwudt: )

Getting ninja'd of stuff, usually news regarding of ponies

tons of notifications with most of them being status updates with attempts of small talk, and I'm not fond of small talk

But I think mi biggest pet peeve is, that there's a DERP  :muffins:  in this forum regarding to derpibooru images. If I post more than one image straight from derpibooru, BE SURE that one of them will overwrite the other the next day, that's why many fanclubs posts have duplicated images