Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There are a lot of really good fan-made games, like My Little Foundation: Containment is Magic and My Little Investigations.  Both of these are really BIG projects that took months or years to complete.  Thinking of them made me wonder:  Why isn't there a Rainbow Factory game?  The story presents the perfect storyline for a horror game.  The way I see it, it could be like this:

You, the player, are Scootaloo escaping from the Rainbow Factory.  You have to navigate through the facility without being caught by any of the guards.  If a guard sees you, he or she will chase you and you have to either hide or (later in the game when you find a weapon) fight back.  It's your basic horror game, except instead of blood splattered everywhere there's puddles of rainbows.  To escape, you have to go through every floor until you find the exit.  As well as the guards, there's Rainbow Dash herself, who pops up when you're near the end of the floor and tries to stop you.  Since you can't beat her in combat or hide from her, your only chance of survival is to get to the exit before she catches you.  Once you see the exit, you'll only have a few seconds to react before she spots you.  But once you get into the elevator, you're safe until the next floor.  There are also a lot of imprisoned foals all over the facility.  You don't HAVE to rescue them, but the more foals you rescue the higher chance you have of getting the good ending.  The good ending is where you escape and destroys the Rainbow Factory in the process.  The bad ending is where you are just about to escape, but Rainbow Dash grabs you at the last minute and you get a cut scene of Scootaloo being killed.  

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how to make a game like this, but hopefully some people in the fandom realize the potential.  So, what do you guys think of my premise?  Anything you want to add?  Would you play a game like this?  

• Brohoof 1

That sounds utterly terrifying....... Hmm... i wonder if they might make a Cupcakes game....

It's proabbly gonna be some mutated kind of surgery simulator in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

The titles you mentioned are based on outside entity works, rather than based on shitty, pointless grimdark fanfics made within the fandom :3 Unless you had a team of game creators who all happened to be big enough fans of the fanfic, I doubt a game like you're describing would get made. Depending on the level of game quality and depth, games are the longest and most labor-intensive medium by which fans can express their love of something, so what they choose to base their games on is usually something more general about FiM, or it's a crossover based on a popular outside entity, like Containment is Magic. This is generally because when fans make something, it's to make something at least somewhat unique. Making a game, based on a fanfic, which is based off a show, is far less impactful than a fan game based straight off of a show or other non-fanwork.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...