Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony to Human?

Tao

So this sort of well, bothered me when watching the the first EQ and rematching it. Now Twilight went from a pony body to a human body and yes she did struggle a bit as we saw but, but did she adopted well to fast?

I mean it takes babies weeks to walk? How to write and even use our hands the right way yet Twilight is dancing in 48 hours in being in the human world??

I left me a bit confused and wonder if well, magic of somekind...

• Brohoof 1

Well, magic is certainly a possibility. I'd say it's also possible that because of there already being a Twilight in that world, she just essentially absorbed her skills, I guess you could say.

Either that, or lazy writing. :P

Here's how I interpreted this dilemma, Twilight in Equestria has already learned to walk (admittedly on four legs) whilst a baby is still undergoing that process, which might mean it is comparatively easier for Twilight to learn. Furthermore, Twilight has on occasion been depicted dancing in a bipedal manner (see 'Magical Mystery Cure' for instance) which might suggest her prior familiarity with the concept.

Obviously, neither reason I have given is that satisfactory but that's my way of interpreting an idea which relies upon the willing suspension of disbelief. :)

Here's how I interpreted this dilemma, Twilight in Equestria has already learned to walk (admittedly on four legs) whilst a baby is still undergoing that process, which might mean it is comparatively easier for Twilight to learn. Furthermore, Twilight has on occasion been depicted dancing in a bipedal manner (see 'Magical Mystery Cure' for instance) which might suggest her prior familiarity with the concept.

Obviously, neither reason I have given is that satisfactory but that's my way of interpreting an idea which relies upon the willing suspension of disbelief. :)

Another important factor is, babies' legs are too weak for them to walk on at first, and Twily came in the human world as a human teenager, so her only issue was adapting, and being older, it logically takes her less time to walk compared to a baby 

A baby's limbs are much weaker and less developed than that of Twilight who for whatever reason is an adult in the pony world but a teenager in the Equestria Girls universe of course that glaring inconsistency aside I think that was a major factor in her learned to get used to her human body a bit more quickly. If Twilight went there as a baby or even a filly I think it would have taken her longer to learn to get used to her human body because she would have been much weaker and had less developed muscles. And the ponies have been shown to be bipedal in certain circumstances, so Twilight already knew how to move in certain ways which are impossible for real life horses but possible for humans.