Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Season Premieres meant to connect with Previous Season's Finales?

Will Guide

Season Premiere and Finale connection  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think the season premieres are meant to connect to the previous season's finale

• Yes, it is totally intentional
    • No, it is just a coincidence

*Will Contains Spoilers for the first 5 seasons*

I heard that Discord's first appearance in the show was originally meant to be the Season 1 Finale, but was pushed back to become Season 2's premiere. And that got me thinking there's a pattern:

Season 1 Finale: The Official Finale, where the Mane 6 attended the Grand Galloping Gala
Season 2 Premiere: Originally meant to be S1 Finale and felt like that as Celestia used the S1 Friendship Reports to help Twilight.
Season 2 Finale: Introduced Shining Armor and Princess Cadance in an wedding episode.
Season 3 Premiere: Shining Armor and Princess Cadance became the rulers of Crystal Empire
Season 3 Finale: Twilight Sparkle became a Alicorn Princess
Season 4 Premiere: The new Princess Twilight ended up returning the Elements of Harmony to the Tree of Harmony.
Season 4 Finale: Twilight's library home got destroyed, but a new castle was created!
Season 5 Premiere: Spoiler covered, for those who didn't see the Comic Com Sneak Peak
The new castle contains a huge, holographic-style map that points the Mane 6 to where they are needed.

See the pattern? The premiere of each season (save for season 2) ties to the finale of the previous season.
Between Season 2 and 3 is Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's roles
Between Season 3 and 4 is Twilight becoming a Princess
and between Season 4 and 5 is Twilight's new castle and its role
They even said Season 3 Finale was meant to be the first part of a story arc that would be continued in Season 4 Premiere.

What do you guys think? Is this pattern intentional? Vote and comment.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 2

Also, I would like to add evidence that Season 2's premiere with Discord's debut being meant as a Season 1 Finale: those Return of Harmony episodes used the Season 1's Opening Look (No Train or glow around Celestia's horn) instead of the Season 2's Opening Look (Train and glow around Celestia's horn added) The new opening look started at Lesson Zero and ended with the Season 3 Finale.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

• 1 year later...

Now that Season 5's finale and Season 6's premiere have aired, I have to add the connection of 

Season 5 Finale: Starlight's first friend, Sunburst being mentioned.
Season 6 Premiere: Starlight finally meeting Sunburst and rekindling their friendship after all these years