Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could season 5 of MLP have the Equestria girls in it?

Emerald Light

I saw at the end of rainbow rocks the science twilight then I googled to see about a 3rd equestria girls movie but I heard it's not going to be a movie but have some equestria girls stuff in the season 5 of Friendship Is magic! Could this be true?

Edited by Emerald Light

I could see them bringing Sunset Shimmer into FIM as a recurring character, but the rest of the Equestra Girls characters, not so much.

What would be the point of bringing human Pinkie Pie to Ponyville? Ponyville already has a Pinkie Pie. (And if they need duplicates of characters for a particular plot line, the writers already have devices for that: changelings, the mirror pond, future Twilight, etc.) Ditto every other character.

It's extremely doubtful. From what we see, the writers are trying to keep EqG and FiM as similar as possible, but yet as separate as possible as far as canon goes. Case in point: Flash Sentry was a prominent character in both movies but was really only an accessory in FiM. Twilight didn't blush around him and never mentioned him by name. Additionally, while FiM is noticeably strong in continuity, almost no callbacks were made to EqG except for Twilight's flying trouble early in the season.

Sunset Shimmer and Science Twilight make for interesting character concepts, but we'll have to wait on confirmation of a possible third Equestria Girls movie or a possible series before we see any more of these characters.

• Brohoof 1

From what we see, the writers are trying to keep EqG and FiM as similar as possible, but yet as separate as possible as far as canon goes.

Agreed. This makes things easier if they need to assign different teams to each project. There is less to worry about continuity errors between the different shows.

• Brohoof 1

Agreed. This makes things easier if they need to assign different teams to each project. There is less to worry about continuity errors between the different shows.

Well, it actually isn't that. McCarthy, DHX and company are working on EqG as well. But I do agree it might be to alleviate any continuity problems. Everyone on the team knew Equestria Girls was quite a bit of a controversy when it came out and they knew the second one was as well, so my theory is that they didn't want to run the risk of transferring something in EqG that the fans didn't like over to FiM. Pretty clever avoidance of "poisoning the well".

Well, it actually isn't that. McCarthy, DHX and company are working on EqG as well.

For now, sure. But if, say, an Equestria Girls TV series started, they may need to be worked on in parallel. And while they're being worked on, it might not even be known which will air first.

• Brohoof 1