Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP-EG: Sunset Shimmer's Time To Shine (Book)

OtakuBrony

Coming on May 5 2015:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316410799/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0316410799&linkCode=as2&tag=equestr-20&linkId=T2XH77ZI4Z3BVNW7

Guess Sunset isn't letting go of her main character status, color me pleased. B)

The release date is way too early for this to be a movie adaptation, so I'm calling a new series of Shorts, since the last ones got their adaptation book around that time this year.

I suppose they might once again act as a prequel to the next movie.

EDIT - Looks like it's the same series this doll comes from:

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2014/09/images-found-of-sunset-shimmer-time-to.html

I wonder is she gets wings this time. :wau:

Edited by ilcane87

It seems like it could be cool, but I'm a little wary of Perdita Finn. She wrote the last two Rainbow Rocks books and they were sort of "meh".

She seems to have been brought in because GM Berrow has been promoted to writing for the actual show. Her past writing credits include some Monster High novels so I figure Hachette Books has decided that she can write High School stories really well. The problem is that while she seems to understand High School girls, I don't think she really understands the FiM characters very well. The tone and the characterizations always just seem a little off.

It seems like it could be cool, but I'm a little wary of Perdita Finn. She wrote the last two Rainbow Rocks books and they were sort of "meh".

She seems to have been brought in because GM Berrow has been promoted to writing for the actual show. Her past writing credits include some Monster High novels so I figure Hachette Books has decided that she can write High School stories really well. The problem is that while she seems to understand High School girls, I don't think she really understands the FiM characters very well. The tone and the characterizations always just seem a little off.

Well, that's take away some excitement for the book. Oh well, I'll check comments when it comes out, and see if it's worth it

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Howdy all!

Picked up the book at the local B&N today.

Got to say its pretty good.

I wont spoil it here but if you a fan of Sunset Shimmer its well worth it ;)

PS: There is special treat for those who get the book at Barnes & Noble as a exclusive. :)

See ya!

Edited by OtakuBrony