Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any plans for Black Friday?

simply creative

Working that day so....coming in riot gear for the long day of cashing people out. If I'm lucky after my paycheck pick up I may go sholping but until then gonna try to survive.

Wish me luck everypony.

I doubt I'll do anything because I hate the day.....but Super Mario 3D Land for $15 at Target is VERY tempting

Edited by The Sexy Pharaoh

Staying home, that's for sure. My parents buy everything pretty much online for our Christmas so there's no need for Black Friday shopping.

Plus I don't feel like getting caught up in that crazyness.

Forget Halloween, this is truly the scariest day of the year. And you can forget about 4th of July, too. This is a holiday that upholds the greatest of American values -- competition, consumerism, self-indulgence, and making exploitative corporations rich. God bless this country. -_-

I just plan on sitting at home, watching the news while laughing at how stupid and violent people are getting and revelling in the great irony of the holiday season, how it's all about giving and yet people are falling over each other, injuring, and killing over it.

It really sucks that most of the movies and TV that try to satirize this aspect of the holiday season absolutely screw it up. -_- I really want to write something like that and do it right. ^_^

On the up side, I can start listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas specials. I'll pop in my DVD of The Polar Express in the meantime. :P

• Brohoof 6

Forget Halloween, this is truly the scariest day of the year. And you can forget about 4th of July, too. This is a holiday that upholds the greatest of American values -- competition, consumerism, self-indulgence, and making exploitative corporations rich. God bless this country.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I really wish someone would take different clips from Black Friday riots, mash them up together and play "Disturbed - Down With The Sickness." Everything aside from the child abuse segment is a near-perfect fit. Play the song (clean), close your eyes and imagine the riots happening as the song plays.

• Brohoof 2

Black Friday (and Cyber Monday) are overhyped. In all truth, businesses raise prices over the preceding weeks up to Black Friday, then slash the price to make it seem like you are getting a legit deal. There are real deal kickers in there though, to get the people to shop, but if you step back and look at what you are really getting, you wouldn't want to get it because it's not worth it (like cheap made flat screen tvs....killer deal but the tv itself does not last long compared to more quality tvs that wouldn't be on "sale"). 

Seriously, everything that is ever on "sale" on those two days you can and will find cheaper during other times of the year at other places, guaranteed. That is why I do my Christmas shopping in the spring/summer (post tax return season {when prices are also spiked} and prior to "back to school")....seriously everything I ever wanted at this time of the year, I have found cheaper by just waiting.

This is coming from someone who has ran a business, taking the market into account. Also I do a great deal of price comparing and online shopping.

On another note, i hate Black Friday because EVERYONE out becomes complete and utter morons. Greed destroys us all, and reading about the crap that happens every year just makes me want to avoid the human race all together during that unprecedented rat race. I try to stock up on food, make sure any and all errands are done and do everything possible to AVOID populated areas as well as in general not leave my home during that weekend. Sadly, I've worked in retail and fast food, and have worked on Black Friday, and believe me, I hate every moment I've worked during that time. Customers become very rude, and overtly demanding, and overall just plain mean....

I plan to just curl up with a good book, and ignore the mayhem going on across the country...and on monday, I plan to be on maybe MLPforums, youtube, and Crunchroll (anime fix)...nothing else, because my computer will slow down because of the online users

• Brohoof 2

Black Friday? At this point it should be called Black Thursday with how early these things start now. 

My plans are to stay home. I don't like Black Friday. It's just people trampling each other for cheap goods hours after being thankful for what they already have.

• Brohoof 2

I've been going to Black Friday for seven years now and I've never been trampled/never saw a fight break out. :wat: The news always reports on the worst stuff, but it's a minority of cases really.

• Brohoof 1

I do have some theories on why Black Friday keeps starting earlier and earlier every year. The first one is obviously caused by the stores getting too competitive with each other. The second reason is that maybe they think that starting earlier will lover the amount of people camping out overnight. But what they don't realize is people will just camp out earlier because people will do anything for low prices. Last year, I saw one store (I think it was Toys R Us) open at 6 on Thanksgiving. Sorry, but we can't go at that time because we're too busy actually having Thanksgiving dinner. Does anyone even care about this holiday anymore?

• Brohoof 2

I will be either working or hanging at home. I do all my shopping online and for Christmas? 99 percent of the people I give presents to get 25-50 dollar Visa/Amazon gift cards. I am not very creative when it comes to thinking of presents so I'm just like "You know what you want, i don't here's money for you to buy that thing" 

• Brohoof 2

I will be either working or hanging at home. I do all my shopping online and for Christmas? 99 percent of the people I give presents to get 25-50 dollar Visa/Amazon gift cards. I am not very creative when it comes to thinking of presents so I'm just like "You know what you want, i don't here's money for you to buy that thing" 

I wish all my gifts were like that.

Unfortunately most of them aren't so I end up having to return the gift and get store credit. Still sucks, but better than nothing.

I'm gonna be pulling an all-nighter by shopping at the mall around 2-3 am, then go back home to get ready to work on a special project at my job at 5 am, off at 10 am, and then sleep for the rest of the day. It's gonna be rough, but I'll manage. haha. 

I work at my local Wal-Mart Black Friday, and even if I didn't, it wouldn't be worth it to shop anywhere black friday. It's a stupid day to get people to over-spend and fight over items. Cyber-monday is a better option if you want to save a lot of money.

• Brohoof 1

I will just enjoy YouTube videos of people acting like mindless animals in shops. 

I mean, some of them are just... why do some people turn into some kind of savages on that day in shops? Are they getting paid for it? Do they do it to shine on YouTube? For fun? Or are they just stupid? 

• Brohoof 1