Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are there crusaders in the human world, again?

ManaMinori

In pony Equestria, we all know the CMC as crusaders questing for their cutie marks, but when we see them in EQG, the three are still friends, and STILL call themselves "The Crusaders", in the second movie. Anyone else find this a little...odd? What exactly are those three supposed to be questing for, to be calling themselves, "The Crusaders", in the human world (and being in high school). Jobs? Boyfriends? Tramp Stamps?

• Brohoof 1

I like to think they're aiming for popularity. In the original, we see the three rocking out to their song. Then in Rainbow Rocks, we see the human CMC in the gaudy 80s outfits seen in The Show Stoppers. It kind of makes sense, as having no cutie mark means you're not worth it or unpopular.

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1

It's a name you give yourself and your friends. You know ... like the Goonies? Instead of Cutie Marks I like to think that they are just trying to find out what they are good at ... on a crusade so to speak.

Well, I guest they aim for being internet celebrities judging for their scene at the library in EqG. They might call it "crusading" their goal to be that. 

PD: Michelle Creber and Claire Corlett are teaming up to make a kid-oriented comedy series now that we are theorizing that they want to be internet celebrities

http://www.storyhive.com/project/show/id/371?twt=share

I have always found this odd, and considering that "getting your cutie mark" seems to in many ways be allegory for going through puberty, then I would consider it a secret man was not meant to know. That way lies madness.