Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Sunset Twilight's student now?

ggg-2

No, I think SS is older than T & this would be a barrier.  I've seen some posts that she might (or should) be Luna's apprentice (see the thread "Should Luna have an apprentice?) I think this would be a pretty good idea, but w  10 characters, they've already got too many demands for too few slots & for practical reasons I just don't see it happening.

Maybe in the comics, a book, or fan fic, though.  Perhaps YOU could try it.  Princess C seems to believe in 2nd chances, she gave SS that book showing she hadn't completely written SS off, & SS has definitely reformed/matured enough to have earned her chance.

No, I think SS is older than T & this would be a barrier.  I've seen some posts that she might (or should) be Luna's apprentice (see the thread "Should Luna have an apprentice?) I think this would be a pretty good idea, but w  10 characters, they've already got too many demands for too few slots & for practical reasons I just don't see it happening.

Age isn't really a factor lol, college teacher's can be younger than their students for example. Experience and knowledge trumps age, though usually age brings both.

I am going to say that, while I don't think it is the case right now, I would love for this to be a thing :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna say no. While Sunset is writing to Twilight for help, it's shown that Twilight, herself still has a lot to learn (still having trouble going to her friends for help, when a problem arises, and thinking that she's supposed to be the one with all the answers, just to name a few) If anything, I'd much rather see a situation pan out where Sunset has to return to Equestria (to prevent catastrophe from her remaining in EQG, with the AU SS still somewhere in that world, and dire consequences being prevented, if they ever meet) and having to become Luna's pupil. (reasons stated here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/113585-would-celestia-encourage-her-sister-to-take-an-apprentice/ )

and eventually Sunset being coronated to alicorn princess, and ruling alongside Twilight, since both characters are very much similar to Celestia and Luna, who also rule together, seeming to represent yin and yang, like they do.

No, I think SS is older than T & this would be a barrier.

I disagree, age doesn't seem like it would be a problem here. You're never too old to learn new things about friendship. ^^

I think more so Sunset is just a good friend and really looks up to Twilight. She'll probably ask her for advice every now and then.

No, I don't think so. Sunset Shimmer is older than Twilight and may be a better magician than Twilight, the only thing that Twilight could teach would be friendship, and Sunset is already on the track of learning that herself with her High-school friends.

Plus, its kinda hard to be on equal terms with someone when they are your teacher. I do think that is a barrier to friendship.

No, because Equestria Girls isn't canon.

Edit: Most likely not, because Equestria girls is probably about as canon as Alien vs. Predator.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

No. Sunset asked for Twilight's advice the same way a friend would ask another friend what a text their crush sent them means. They aren't teacher and student: Twilight views Sunset as her peer, and I don't think she would feel comfortable mentoring a peer. Remember that Sunset Shimmer also scoffed at Twilight's current knowledge in the first movie, which might also increase Twilight's feelings of inadequacy as a teacher.

The only place she's really been comfortable teaching is Twilight Time, which is a vastly different circumstance. Twilight wouldn't do well, I think, if she were to partake in such a formal title. She's a friend to Sunset, not a teacher; she can ask Sunset for advice just as easily as Sunset could ask Twilight.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think Twilight would want to be seen as a teacher to her friends and peers in the first place.

Yes, its official canon. You can head canon that they are separate though.

Mostly a matter of perspective. I believe McCarthy previously stated on Twitter that the events in EQG would not impact the FiM Series when asked if it was canon. Looking at the Tweet reply it appears that she didn't understand the definition of canon and actually asked, but gave the answer before it was explained. Having events for one show not impacting another is not the same is a definitive separation of canon.  

However, the pro-canonical side of he fandom did get a lift in Rainbow Rocks when major events in FiM were directly referenced. Twilight corrected Spike regarding the conditions surrounding how she became a Princess, and her new role as Princess of Friendship being mentioned are just two examples. 

Just some food for thought. 

In my opinion, at present Twilight does appear to be positioned as a mentor of sorts for a reformed Sunset Shimmer. Me Likey

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think she is, in a way. The same way she acted as a guide for the folks in Ponyville around season 2 or 3 (I can't recall), Twilight is guiding Sunset on the path to a more healthy lifestyle. Sunset has no experience with Friendship, she she definitely needs someone like Twilight to help her. Twilight being younger says nothing on whether or not she can be a teacher. Half my classmate in College are twice my age while my professor are only a few years older than me. so age is not a factor.

• 2 weeks later...