Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks Unanswered questions about EG?

XxPegasisterxX

Just saying, no pony seems to look after the mane 6, or any body in the EG world! What is this madness? With no parents, how do EG people pay school fees?

Is Canterlot High a local school? I mean, pets are allowed, there seems to be a fair amount of bullying, and no classes? Huh? Honestly, sometimes I wish my high school had no classes....post-30729-0-19947300-1416341420_thumb.jpg

Pets are not allowed. Fluttershy keeps Angel well-hidden and advises Twilight to do the same with Spike.

I assume that the characters mostly have parents (except Sunset Shimmer as she's not native to that world, and Applejack whose parents may have died like Equestrian Applejack's parents have) and classes, but they're not shown because they're not relevant to the plot.

In fact, this short conversation between Fluttershy and Twilight when they first meet answers a lot of your questions:

Fluttershy: Oh, wait! You're not really supposed to have pets on school grounds. Might wanna tuck him into your backpack. That's what I do.
[cat meows]
[bird chirps]
Fluttershy: They just get so lonely when I'm in school all day.
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, okay! Thank you!
[school bell rings]
Fluttershy: Oh, no! I'm late for class!

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

You have to look at the key demographic in which EQG is aimed towards at which are girls aged 10+ to Bronies yes these are some unanswered questions but I assume most of the Mane 6 do have parents, in the slumber party scene in Rainbow Rocks that confirms to an extent Pinkie Pies family as Maud is featured in it but I wouldn't be surprised if they live on their own assuming they're the same ages in FiM. 

Also movie time is a big deal which could also mean as to why we don't see them in classes and such, again keeping it to the demographic the writers just want to get straight to the plot :)

Well I do think of small details like that, but it's a movie that doesn't really focus on the concept of school, nor such big pet rules. They don't really have classes, only if it was relevant to the story, which it wasn't.

I wish they did a school session, but they didn't have enough time. As for the Library and not locking up, that was pretty strange how Twilight slept up there without no security guards to spot her. Overall it's just a more based kids movie that doesn't quite respond to accurate observations in everyday life.

I'm kind of curious about what their classes are like.  I get the demographic and plot arguments, but plots can be furthered in classes.  Like the drama in a science lab with partners, or passing notes in other classes.  It's cool seeing the school extracurriculars, though.  Maybe we'll see more later on?

As for parents, that's a good point too.  The human versions seem younger than the pony versions by being in high school.  The Ponyville ponies seem almost like adults- Rarity has her own business, Twilight is a researcher basically, Fluttershy has an animal rescue... they aren't in school still.  Maybe ponies mature faster?

Feeling old for speculating on these things... lol.  XD