Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, a Blizzard hit Western New York

Redeye

...And I'm stuck in the middle of it.

A few days ago, Western New York, primarily Buffalo City, was hit with a massive blizzard of Lake Effect Snow. I live in the suburbs just outside Buffalo City, and I was pretty much trapped inside my own house. School has been cancelled for at least 2 days now.

It's probably the worst WNY Blizzard since 1977. I was stuck shoveling snow out of my driveway for a good 5 hours or so.

Worst part of it is, I'm gonna have to do it again tomorrow. And the Snowblower is out of gas...  :(

• Brohoof 3

They say this winter will be equally cold as last year's, maybe more. Certainly seems to be headed that way...

Spoiler for Profanity.

NHyhDdW.jpg

• Brohoof 2

The meteorologist on one of our local channels says that this winter won't be as cold as last year's but it will still be significantly worse than normal.  My hunch is to agree with her.  For one thing, we never really had a summer.  Our temps ran below average all year long except for maybe late August and early September.  And this trend dates back to a year ago when the Eagles played a home game in a blizzard...a very rare occurrence indeed. 

I'm sorry to see this winter has started out so snowy for part of the country and so cold for the rest.  I truly hope this isn't a sign of things to come.  :( 

• Brohoof 1

It has been freezing in the city, just no snow. I'm still surprised how I went an entire winter with just a sweater before. Guess what though, the weather is really playing around and will jump up to the 60's by Monday. Just stay safe you Northern New York Bronies.

It's funny, I live in New York, but there's no snow at all over here in Park Slope.

It's just really, really, really, REALLY COLD!

You're not that far from me. I'm in Boerum Hill.

• Brohoof 1

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of this snow in Eastern NY. XD

I AM READY FOR YOU SNOW. COME AT ME BRUH. 

Seriously though, holy shiz! I feel bad for you. I don't remember having this much snow since like 2006 or 2007. e.e

I was in Penn for the winter of 1976-77.   Now, I'm here in Phoenix.  Some good news for you folks.  From what I remember, it will stop snowing when the Great Lakes freeze over.  Washington won a battle when some river froze over & he used teams of horses to haul cannon over it.  Now, you reenacters get your chance.  It gets that cold, the rubber in your sneakers freezes when you walk & it makes your feet hurt.  They had to put boxcars on flatcars & haul them south so the bearings could thaw.  They couldn't run them on rails, the bearings couldn't turn, they would burn them out.  The coal piles at the power plants froze solid & had to be dynamited.  (Well, some other explosive, not dynamite.  The nitroglycerine freezes & it's not safe)

But, they say every cloud has its silver lining.  At least people will shut up about global warming for a while

Holy bejesus.

And I'm over here bundled up complaining about it being like 45 degrees and sunny.

Welp. Bless my soul that I live in Texas. I don't think I'd be able to function in that kind of weather. Hell, I could hardly function the 2ish years I lived in Washington with all the rain. Such rain, much depression.

I'm jealous. We haven't had a blizzard where I live since 2010.

Now I can see why you call yourself "Envy".  ;)

I can't see outside my own house.

IMG_0094_zps37bf13dd.jpg

Luckily, I have both my Hot Pockets and TV to keep me safe.

IMG_0093_zpse07686ac.jpg

IMG_0095_zpsd5af2052.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I'm in Staten Island, unfortunately the snow isn't reaching all the way down here.

I like snow. There's an insane, strange beauty to it even though it cripples traffic and makes commuting hell. :fiery:

It's funny, I live in New York, but there's no snow at all over here in Park Slope.

It's just really, really, really, REALLY COLD!

You're not that far from me. I'm in Boerum Hill.

I'm from the North Shore of Staten Island, I've flown by your neighborhoods quite a lot recently on the X10 bus. ;)

JRex, you don't live far from Babs Seed! http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Babs_Seed

I'm formerly from Bensonhurst.

Edited by Wind Chaser

The meteorologist on one of our local channels says that this winter won't be as cold as last year's but it will still be significantly worse than normal.  My hunch is to agree with her.  For one thing, we never really had a summer.  Our temps ran below average all year long except for maybe late August and early September.  And this trend dates back to a year ago when the Eagles played a home game in a blizzard...a very rare occurrence indeed. 

I'm sorry to see this winter has started out so snowy for part of the country and so cold for the rest.  I truly hope this isn't a sign of things to come.  :(

I don't mind a dominate trough-ridge configuration to make summers cooler.  :lol: I agree too this winter won't be 'as' cold but there's always uncertainty.

Everypony stay safe and keep warm. <3

Getting 3 inches a hour right now and forecasted up to 8 feet when done. I just want a Tim Hortons coffee

Wow, how much more can Buffalo take?  Now they're worried about melting snow and the flooding all that water can cause.  But a cup of coffee never hurts.  :derp: 

And Californians are whining about a little rain. We do seem to be a bit grouchy when soggy though.

Really?  Last I knew, Cali's biggest problem was a huge lack of rain and any would be welcomed with open arms!  :wacko: