Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, a Blizzard hit Western New York

Redeye

Wow, how much more can Buffalo take?  Now they're worried about melting snow and the flooding all that water can cause.  But a cup of coffee never hurts.  :derp: 

Really?  Last I knew, Cali's biggest problem was a huge lack of rain and any would be welcomed with open arms!  :wacko:

Under flood watch starting tomorrow

Under flood watch starting tomorrow

Lovely.  -_- 

I guess the other thing I'm wondering right is this:  How is your roof doing?  Roofs in that part of the country are designed to hold a lot of weight but even they have too much snow right now.  They showed a lot of people pushing snow off of their homes on the news. 

We got hit (Central Ontario, Canada) with a similar storm as Buffalo on the same day...we got 2ft of snow in a couple hours.My dad actually got his car stuck in the driveway when he got home from work and left it there. I was outside with him...took me 2 hours to shovel off just the deck and front steps. His snowblower ran out of gas too, so I had to hoof it to the nearest gas station,red jerry can in hand, on foot. I felt like I was in the movie Day After Tomorrow, or in DayZ, there were no cars on the road and no one to be seen...it was eerie walking around town. My neighbour got his old Massey Ferguson running, with the blower attachment, and helped clear some neighbours driveways.

I live in a secluded town,and so the highways were shutdown as well.

And today it rained, and more rain is coming tomorrow. It's making a mess of things. and it's going to be warm all next week...

Edited by :Grootershy:

I live near that area too and I've noticed how bad it's been lately. Thankfully, the part where I live doesn't have as much snow. I still had to go to school. My best friend's school was closed (lucky). But anyways, I feel bad for the people with all that snow.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

I'm kind of jealous of you guys. xP From where I live, we'd be more than lucky if the state I live in just suddenly snow.

Silliness aside, I do hope that everybody who lives in Western New York is going fine. Winter's obviously coming soon for you guys, so it's always good if you get in some warm clothing. Walking in the cold is annoying, isn't it?

Yeah, I had to shovel some snow off of my Backyard deck, because my parents were scared of the weight that might cause it to break. At the very least I got to spend an hour in my Hot Tub after dinner. The bad thing is, the Rain that is soon to come won't be much of a help.

Even worse, it's been said that my school might be closed for a long while due to the fear of the snow causing the roof to collapse. Needless to say, I won't be going to school for a while.

As someone who lives in Oklahoma, seeing stuff like that would signal the beginning of the apocalypse. We would all hide under our tables if we had snow like that! Seems like it snows two inches and everything gets shut down lol

Y'all stay safe out there. I hear the melts are bringing flooding...Couldn't imagine ever having that much snow. And I've lived in Alaska before (for a few years from '94 to '97 so I was too young to remember it)

Snow

Cold...

Numb fingers...

Shivering in 5 layers of cloths...

Lungs feel like their freezing in every breathe...

Yah i know snow,  cold,  frost  bite and etc in being from MI/Great Lakes most my life...