Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst weather that happens in your area?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Since we are now having a VERY bad Winter so far, it has already snowed and gotten down nearly below freezing. I live in Ohio, USA and our Winters get very bad. Last year it got down to waaaaay below freezing and the wind chills were dangerous to be in. We were not allowed to even be on the roads unless it was absolute emergency only. They even told us that frost bite was likely to happen quickly.

Our Winter has now started very early. Its suppose to still be fall right now :/ and still leaves everywhere and it looking orange, red, yellow, brown, and other fall colors. Not only do we get bad Winters, we also get some pretty bad wind storms here. We had a wind storm that was equivalent to a tornado and did the same damages a tornado would do. It tore apart some houses, huge trees fell on cars, houses, etc. It blew so much things from people's yards to god knows where. We were left powerless for a week, nearly 2 weeks.

So around your area, whats the worst you get when it comes to the weather? 

• Brohoof 2

I live in Ohio as well, and personally most of the severe weather seems to stray off from where I live. Tornadoes can get pretty bad in the state, but the more severe stuff avoids me. I would say severe thunderstorms, fast winds, and hail was the most severe around here. 

• Brohoof 1

Since we are now having a VERY bad Winter so far, it has already snowed and gotten down nearly below freezing. I live in Ohio, USA and our Winters get very bad. Last year it got down to waaaaay below freezing and the wind chills were dangerous to be in. We were not allowed to even be on the roads unless it was absolute emergency only. They even told us that frost bite was likely to happen quickly.

Our Winter has now started very early. Its suppose to still be fall right now :/ and still leaves everywhere and it looking orange, red, yellow, brown, and other fall colors. Not only do we get bad Winters, we also get some pretty bad wind storms here. We had a wind storm that was equivalent to a tornado and did the same damages a tornado would do. It tore apart some houses, huge trees fell on cars, houses, etc. It blew so much things from people's yards to god knows where. We were left powerless for a week, nearly 2 weeks.

So around your area, whats the worst you get when it comes to the weather? 

I live in upstate south Carolina so the worst I get is some snow and and ice everywhere. 

Edited by MetaKnight145

Well, here in Iceland the weather is kinda crazy. It changes very often. You might have a sunny day, then 5 minutes later it starts raining heavily.Then there is sun again, then it rains again. Suddenly you have a crazy storm. Yeah. We are used to that. During fall we are also used to early winter that can last all the way to the end of spring (May). Sometimes it snows really really much. What is happening in Buffalo is something we in Iceland are always prepared for. 

• Brohoof 2

I live in Western Sydney, Australia where it's as hot as The Sahara at the moment because it's the hot season now. It's only Spring and it reached 42 degrees Celsius today. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUMMER'S TEMPERATURES. It'll probably reach 50 degrees.

And for people who don't know the Celsius measurement, 42 degrees Celsius = 107.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited by Metra
  • Brohoof 1

I live in Ohio as well, and personally most of the severe weather seems to stray off from where I live. Tornadoes can get pretty bad in the state, but the more severe stuff avoids me. I would say severe thunderstorms, fast winds, and hail was the most severe around here. 

Yup. Total agreement. Those wind storms tho Dx

My area is definitely not a good area for snow. We have a lot of hill areas :/ and ice is no friend.

• Brohoof 1

Well, here in Iceland the weather is kinda crazy. It changes very often. You might have a sunny day, then 5 minutes later it starts raining heavily.Then there is sun again, then it rains again. Suddenly you have a crazy storm. Yeah. We are used to that. During fall we are also used to early winter that can last all the way to the end of spring (May). Sometimes it snows really really much. What is happening in Buffalo is something we in Iceland are always prepared for. 

That is kind of how we are. Its really freezing right now, but our weather channel says its suppose to warm up the next few days.

I remember one time in Spring, it was hot outside and LITERALLY the next day it was FREEZING.

I live in Western Sydney, Australia where it's as hot as The Sahara at the moment because it's the hot season now. It's only Spring and it reached 42 degrees Celsius today. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUMMER'S TEMPERATURES. It'll probably reach 50 degrees.

And for people who don't know the Celsius measurement, 42 degrees Celsius = 107.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

I've heard it gets really hot in those areas. Thats right, you guys are opposite. Hitting Spring/Summer, while we are hitting Winter Dx

I live out in Arizona (United States) and our worst weather is.....

Duststorms trust me they are more dangerous then they sound.... high winds can cause the trees and other things to fall over..... and your visibility is reduced to 0 which can cause car accidents not to mention it brings mosquitoes afterwards 

I live in Australia, or more specifically, South Australia. South Australia is notoriously known to be one of the driest places on Earth, and I can tell you that it's always stinking hot there. During spring or summer, the temperature is usually around 35-45 Celcius. Not only that, but during winter, we get the least rain, and most of the weather during winter is cold and cloudy.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Massachusetts, and the worst weather that normally occurs here is blizzards. Much much less commonly, we get tropical storms or hurricanes. Worst one to hit us was Irene back in 2011.

I Live in Ontario, Canada. We get huge snow storms.As well as the odd Ice Storm.

These are from Tuesday's snow storm. Buffalo got worse. Oh yea, it's gonna be 8c-10c over the next week and it's gonna rain on the weekend.

It was just starting at this point.

3sAlBDt.jpg

Still going strong here here(about an hour after the pic above was taken)

jeA0obM.jpg

32LJmOz.jpg

Where I live, the strangest weather I've ever experienced was 40+ days of continuous heavy rain. It was fun for the first few days. Then people started to die.

I live in Hawaii, by the way. If I recall correctly, that was sometime in 2006.

Here in the Pacific Northwest (USA) we expect the wind to get so bad it causes blackouts or brownouts.

Every. Year.

And that's not including all the rain we get.

By the Gods, SO. MUCH. RAIN.

Oh, but that's not all! Apparently we can get Tornadoes here as well.

I live in central Texas.

The worst?... THE GOD FORSAKEN SUN. In the summer it's so hot, like I sit inside my house all day because I'll melt if I step foot outside. Though it is the best season for popsicles, which are like my favorite things ever :nom:

The occasional storm does irritate me, but I lived in Washington for a couple years so I'm used to rain.

• Brohoof 2

Phoenix, Az  The summer temps here can hit 100 by the dawn's early light & 120 by the twilight's last gleaming.  Yes, it can hit 50 C.  Odyssey, you left out the dust storms & sudden thunderstorms with a chance of tornadoes.

Royal Blue Jay.  I've lived in Texas & any true Texan will tell you there has never been a tornado in Texas. Never! Oklahoma sucks & that confuses some folks.

In Arkansas, what is the difference between a divorce & a tornado?  None. In either case you lose the trailor

Heat/humidity, tornadoes, and it CAN get cold. Don't get me wrong, though - Our winters are pathetic, with the chance of a quarter inch of snow causing everyone to flip out. Our winters are generally pretty nice, usually in the 50s/60s/70s. Very rarely does it get below 0. Although it got down to -30 a few years ago, and that's why I said it CAN get cold. Lol.

So it's really not the place for me. I hate heat/humidity and tornadoes. I would LOVE to experience a real winter. One that would actually leave me looking forward to Spring. But where I live that's impossible, as winters are nice and Springs are hot, humid, and stormy. =/

Funny story, we broke both the overall record high and overall record low in the same year: 2011.

Edited by Envy

I live in Ohio too, and I do agree that the winters get really really cold and icy. I usually don't mind it though since I like the cold :P ...but not too cold :wacko:

At the same time, I hate how the summers get super hot as well. It can be 9° in the winter and 90° in the summer -_-

• Brohoof 1

Why, just this early morning, I woke up at 2:30 in the morning to the sound of thunder and lightening. It's been a while since there's been a lightening storm in my town. For about an hour, the rain came down hard to make noise. I think I was the only one awake for that duration. That's the worst part. It got better.

I went back to sleep and did get up at my usual time of 4:30 to quietly do my morning routine. By the time I walked out the door, the rain has stopped and the lightening was gone. I finally got in my car to head to school early in the morning before the sunrise like I always do. It's my way of avoiding the traffic rush.