Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks What was best about Rainbow Rocks?

J.R.

This right here. That smirk...

post-2257-0-58206200-1416622184_thumb.jpg

Now this is the girl who managed to keep the entire school under her thumb, who as so lost and unsure of herself, confidence restored, but this time on the side of good.

"Better than ever", indeed.

Actually, the words of that song takes on a lot more meaning when you consider Sunset's redemption.

The Dazzling's music and Sunset shimmer's role in the story.

I really liked the kitchen scene between Twilight and SS but it's always overlooked because of maud pie's cameo.

^OMG, Twilight's and Sunset's little midnight talk was the one of the most heart-warming scenes I have ever seen in MLP. In fact, any scenes in Rainbow Rocks where Twilight and the reformed Sunset interact with each other are excellent candidates!

• Brohoof 1

The Dazzling's music and Sunset shimmer's role in the story.

I really liked the kitchen scene between Twilight and SS but it's always overlooked because of maud pie's cameo.

100% Agree! Sunset is the key to this story working, and the kitchen scene was perfectly executed. And yes, it's a shame that the connection between Twi and Sunset was overshadowed by a cameo - at least to some.

The music! The songs in general were good but the Dazzlings songs were in another class entirely. They are still on my playlist :D

• Brohoof 1

For me, it was all about Sunset Shimmer. She was such a compelling character, without whom the film might have fallen flat. Her final redemption was magnificent. From picking up the microphone, to the moment she unlocked her Equestrian magic and helped form the rainbow, it was a beautiful scene. Her intervention at the end was another great scene, took a lot of guts on her part. :) 

The Dazzlings were also great and their music was fantastic. From the first listen, I was completely under their spell ;)

I hate to be the pony to have to say this, but I kinda didn't like Rainbow Rocks. (But it did have it's moments...)

Trixie's song. (Although I only heard a bit of it, also... Didn't see that coming :catface:)

That Flash Sentry got friend-zoned.

Maud got an appearance, but that boulder joke was kinda... Idk. cliched?

All of the Dazzling's songs.

Sunset Shimmer's role.

(The thing I hated the most, was the explanations that were just 'It just does that', or it creates a plot-hole by saying 'I don't know...' Then ignoring that same plot-hole. >_> )

For me, it was all about Sunset Shimmer. She was such a compelling character, without whom the film might have fallen flat. Her final redemption was magnificent. From picking up the microphone, to the moment she unlocked her Equestrian magic and helped form the rainbow, it was a beautiful scene.

↑↑↑ THAT! ↑↑↑

Sonata Dusk is also very adorable (as villains go).

And I liked Maud Pie's cameo.

And the music was mostly above MLP's usual already high standard.

And the SciTwi teaser at the end.

Edited by Vital Spark