Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things that you disliked about Rainbow Rocks?

Redeye

Personally, I loathed Rainbow Dash's attitude as a character for pretty much the entire movie. Her ego just made me cringe throughout the story, up until the final act where she actually slightly redeems herself in some quality.

Also, am I the only one that dislikes Trixie's song?

Just make sure to post your dislikes about the movie below.

I'm a bit disappointed that Flash didn't get much development. He's still largely a flat character, although I do like him despite the shallow way his character has been dealt with so far.

It was too short (approx 73 mins) and the plot was far too transparent, especially with the the Dazzlings. Villains who want to take over the world just for the sake of it? Never seen that before. >_>

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 2

• Flash Sentry. Just when we thought he's going to get some depth in Rainbow Rocks, it turns out that he didn't. Plus, Flash Sentry x Twilight is still a creepy ship.

Rainbow Dash. Coming from somebody who really likes egotistical characters, this movie portrays arrogance to an idiotic level. I really didn't like how Rainbow's flaws are exaggerated to an annoying degree.

The Dazzlings... sort of. They aren't too bad, but when you look further, they just as underwhelming as, say, Queen Chrysalis. They didn't do much to further their scheme, they were defeated very quickly and the way the got defeated is ambiguous. Where are they now? What's going to happen to them now that they lost their ability to sing? At least their singing abilities is rather cool.

• Brohoof 3

I loved the movie, but it did have some flaws. For example: Flash Sentry's characterization was terrible again, and his relationship with Twilight felt forced too, it wasn't explained why playing music made the mane 6 transfrom, and it was too short.

And about Rainbow Dash, i disliked her attitude too, but i don't think we should consider it a flaw because she was in character. I've said the same thing before about Mare Do Well and Dragonshy.

• The Dazzlings... sort of. They aren't too bad, but when you look further, they just as underwhelming as, say, Queen Chrysalis. They didn't do much to further their scheme, they were defeated very quickly and the way the got defeated is ambiguous. Where are they now? What's going to happen to them now that they lost their ability to sing? At least their singing abilities is rather cool.

For realsies? I thought they were very effective as villains. They immediately removed Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna as obstacles, showing genre savvy. Then they expertly manipulated the school into going along with their plan, and giving them power. They realized that the Humane Seven were the source of the Equestrian magic, and eventually got around the immunity to their power drain ability by manipulating Trixie into trapping them, which caused them to start arguing. And they were on the verge on winning when the Rainbooms (getting reinforcements from Sunset Shimmer, to boot) were rescued and given the ability to compete with them by the one person who by pure luck wasn't under their spell from the beginning.

Not noticing Vinyl and her headphones was the single mistake that unraveled their plan.

Although I agree that a bit more explanation of what happened to them after would have been better.

• Brohoof 6

The goal of the dazzlings and why they were banished for 1000 years but look like regular 17 year old girls. 1000 years, these chicks must've roaming around since the black death was ravaging europe. Maybe Starswirl pulled an Aku and sent them to the future?

• Brohoof 2

Brad (AKA Flash Sentry) was still in it, and it made even less sense for him to be there, and it was weird how he was like obsessing over twilight, he was all like "oh is that horse princess from the other dimension gonna be here?" but fortunately, he wasn't in for long

• Brohoof 1

Brad (AKA Flash Sentry) was still in it, and it made even less sense for him to be there, and it was weird how he was like obsessing over twilight, he was all like "oh is that horse princess from the other dimension gonna be here?" but fortunately, he wasn't in for long

Eh, obsessing is a bit of an exaggeration.

Rainbow Dash is my favorite character, and even I have to say, I loved the way she was portrayed in Rainbow Rocks. It makes sense. She made the band, presumabely made it too. Then the rest of her 'friends' say that Twilight should get the two positions that Dash does for the band? 

Yeah, great friends. They were all really selfish. Dash honestly deserves to be egotistical. She's awesome, and just wants others to know how awesome she is. There's a huge difference between pride and stubborness, and Dash exemplified pride.

look at him, like he knows shes a horse right? like, its weird

True, it is weird, but he isn't obsessed. He just likes her. Plus there are non-cartoon dudes that like her...lol...

Rainbow Dash is my favorite character, and even I have to say, I loved the way she was portrayed in Rainbow Rocks. It makes sense. She made the band, presumabely made it too. Then the rest of her 'friends' say that Twilight should get the two positions that Dash does for the band? 

Yeah, great friends. They were all really selfish. Dash honestly deserves to be egotistical. She's awesome, and just wants others to know how awesome she is. There's a huge difference between pride and stubborness, and Dash exemplified pride.

A lot of people hated RD in this movie, but forget to remember she hasn't learned the lessons pony dash has.

• Brohoof 1

I loved a lot of things about Rainbow Rocks, it is better than the first, however I will admit, something annoyed me, and that was Applejack, she was quite a jerk in the movie, particularly to Rarity and Rainbow Dash, now Rainbow Dash may have been self centred, but Applejack didn't have to be so aggressive to Rainbow Dash, and Rarity, she just wanted to contribute to the band by dressing up, again Applejack did not have to shout at Rarity, for trying to expressing herself, in a way, Applejack was a hypocrite, she bashed Rainbow Dash for egotism, although she was being spiteful too, yet Applejack saw the error of her ways, by Sunset Shimmer as they were trapped beneath the stage, and the climax was great, despite Applejack being surly at Rainbow Dash and Rarity, this is a great movie with a great pay off. 

The entire band contest becomes irrelevant. Movie was hyped up about the band contest, but it's highjacked for good vs. evil battle. No mention of the contest after the battle. Most of the entries music/songs don't get played on screen.

Edited by Singe

Brad, that's pretty much the only fault I can find with the movie. (If you don't know who Brad is, it's an inside joke about Human Flash Sentry)
The movie is amazing, though.

I loved the movie, but it did have some flaws. For example: Flash Sentry's characterization was terrible again, and his relationship with Twilight felt forced too, it wasn't explained why playing music made the mane 6 transfrom, and it was too short.

And about Rainbow Dash, i disliked her attitude too, but i don't think we should consider it a flaw because she was in character. I've said the same thing before about Mare Do Well and Dragonshy.

Why am I the only one who realizes that Human Rainbow Dash and Pony Rainbow Dash are two entirely different life forms? Human Dash didn't learn the lessons that Pony Dash did, so Human Dash has a reason to be the way she is in Rainbow Rocks.

• Brohoof 2

i actually liked the first one more, but sunset shimmer was kind of a cutie :S

(i mean come on, how could anyone not like her?)

other than that, i didn´t like the music either.

for a movie named "rainbow rocks", that is kind of a biggie.

Edited by Sceethe

I've only seen the movie once, but the Dazzlings. I feel their characterization in the present time didn't quite mesh with the exposition about their backstory. Plus the fact that we've already seen a few very similar beings who feed on emotions. Sirens really don't seem to have anything unique about them. Yeah they can sing, but ... so can everyone else on this show.

In general about the EG world - I don't like how the Humane 5 are pretty much the same. exact. characters. as the ponies. I know that that's the point of this world, but it just doesn't sit well with me. I think it's a poor storytelling choice. 

Dash honestly deserves to be egotistical. She's awesome, and just wants others to know how awesome she is. There's a huge difference between pride and stubborness, and Dash exemplified pride.

I have to disagree. Stubbornness was not her issue. To me, the difference is between being confident and proud of your abilities, and taking credit where credit is due ... and on the other side of the line is thinking you're automatically better than others, and stifling opportunities for others to express themselves. And Dash exemplified both. Not saying it's a bad thing, character-wise. It's good that she's flawed, and she did learn and grow from it.

Edited by Sapana

I thought Pinkie Pie was done terribly, nearly nothing she did was funny, again RD sucked and the music still isn't that good. Although RR is still miles better then that stupid bland high school drama, and to be fair considering the fact the series went from bad to decent I have high hopes for a third movie.