Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things that you disliked about Rainbow Rocks?

Redeye

The treatment of the villains at the end. YOU DON'T DO THAT TO GOOD CHARACTERS. Let alone any character, really. They were booed off stage and we don't see them again. It comes off as lazy.

*cough* FLASH SENTRY! *cough*

Sorry had something in my throat :catface:

Well I can really say I thought the Mane 6 were just a little mean towards Sunset for bringing up the whole demon incident more than once :( Be considerate of others people -_-

As others have mentioned, Dashie certainly isn't shown at her best here. While it can be a nuisance it was only something I minimally disliked :)

This is a plot hole I dislike, how it was never explained why playing music somehow triggers the group's ability to transform :huh:

And something that bothered me a little towards the end is why the human Mane 5 never asked Sunset to be in their band originally. Yet they were quickly eager to usher Twilight into the band >_> Sure they were still beginning to trust her, but the nice thing to do would be to involve her in the group more that way :)

And that's it really, though these were some gripes they didn't alter my movie experience and I love the film regardless :squee:

Sometimes, the music didn't match the animation, like Pinkie Pie hitting a tom when clearly she's only hitting the snare or their hands not actually moving up the frets with the notes.  Minor things to be sure.  I just focused on other things.  Having been in bands, I enjoyed the treatment of band drama.  This is way better than Equestria Girls.

This thread should be renamed Things That You Disliked About Rainbow Rocks, Besides Flash Sentry.  Does anyone actually like the character?

Overall, the movie fared a good bit better than the first, but I still wouldn't rate it as highly as many others seemingly have. The biggest problem with the movie, unfortunately, are the Mane Six themselves, who spend most of the movie bickering and, frankly, coming off rather dimwitted. Doesn't help that they're characterized on the most basic level (Rarity likes dresses, Dash is arrogant and refers to everything as "awesome," etc.), or that the stuff they're arguing about doesn't matter.

Meanwhile, Flash Sentry and everything that involves him continues to suck.

• Brohoof 1

Having finally seen this film. I hated the way it was advertised and I couldn't stand the film in general, it sucked just like the first and certainly seemed to have just as little effort put into it. Plus, I'm just not a fan of MLP being turned into a very, very obvious commercial for Bratz things.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

Just saw this on netflix yesterday, so I know I'm late to the party.  But why couldn't we have gotten a CMC (or I guess they are just "the Crusaders" as humans) song? They were dressed exactly the same as their pony counterparts in "Show Stoppers," but they seemed to be advancing, which suggests they might have actually been good (or at the very least, decent) competitors.  They couldn't have done a new version of the CMC song with Sweetie Belle on lead vocals? It certainly would have been more entertaining than Snips and Snails' stupid rap. Here's hoping the human "Crusaders" actually get to do something if they make another one of these things.