Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier Making Christmas Merrier 2014 - Children's Holiday Crusade

Jeric

There, that should put us up to the next target.

Now to wait until a mod/admin-type is notified in order to reveal the next hint. ;)

• Brohoof 5

This donation is to buy them gifts, you said? :o Not like, just donations for the hospital itself...? Wouldn't that be a better idea? 

I really want to donate $100 but I'm not sure if I can afford to. u_u" i'll be back later.

• Brohoof 4

$250 already? My goodness, you guys are on a roll! Let's see what we have here...

Christmas Donors are entered into a raffle to change a staff member's display name or member title for a week. If two members choose the same staffer, then the changes are queued. Each successive goal unlock will add one more ticket to the raffle.

Well, that sounds fun!

This donation is to buy them gifts, you said? :o Not like, just donations for the hospital itself...? Wouldn't that be a better idea?

It's both, actually. We're donating to the hospital, but we get to choose how they use the money. If we just donate it to the hospital and leave it at that, our funds are used according to the hospital's own agenda, which may or may not directly benefit patients. By donating the money to send gifts, we're able to help support patients emotionally, giving them a morale boost in times of need.

• Brohoof 4

$250 already? My goodness, you guys are on a roll! Let's see what we have here...

Well, that sounds fun!

It's both, actually. We're donating to the hospital, but we get to choose how they use the money. If we just donate it to the hospital and leave it at that, our funds are used according to the hospital's own agenda, which may or may not directly benefit patients. By donating the money to send gifts, we're able to help support patients emotionally, giving them a morale boost in times of need.

Oh, a morale boost! I guess that makes sense (Since treatment and lodgings shouldn't mactually cost the pateint's families much unless the parents had to travel far or quit their jobs to be with their kids or something.

I still think it'd be a good idea to send some of the money to the hospital itself.

Im glad/surprised we're donating to a hospital in Canada! :D It's nice to see.

• Brohoof 5

Question. Do the Element of Generosity thing last after the donation? :S I'd feel kinda bad about offering my donation through this directly as I've heard a lot of skepticism with the emblem. If I do, is it required for me to have it? I mean, donation is nice, but I get the feeling some do it for the emblem alone, which makes me sick.

• Brohoof 3

Question. Do the Element of Generosity thing last after the donation? :S I'd feel kinda bad about offering my donation through this directly as I've heard a lot of skepticism with the emblem. If I do, is it required for me to have it? I mean, donation is nice, but I get the feeling some do it for the emblem alone, which makes me sick.

Meh, i say don't think to much abut it, in end the money gos to a good cause. So what if some people just do for emblems. Well what going do. 

And in end money, get where needs to be.  :D

• Brohoof 3

Yes!  I'm so glad that this came back!  I look forward to helping out again (I haven't done so yet, but I plan to soon).

I was hoping I would see your reaction Antismurf. If I recall correctly, it was you who recommended that we do bring it back in the activity committee thread. :)

I wasn't here during the first few years, but just being a part of this ... so much awesome. 

• Brohoof 4

Meh, i say don't think to much abut it, in end the money gos to a good cause. So what if some people just do for emblems. Well what going do. 

And in end money, get where needs to be.  :D

I would like to know if it's temporary though. A lot of people do these things for "glory" which makes me kinda sick inside :S It can also be annoying if you wanna experience unlocking badges on here if it's permanent <-<:

• Brohoof 1

I would like to know if it's temporary though. A lot of people do these things for "glory" which makes me kinda sick inside :S It can also be annoying if you wanna experience unlocking badges on here if it's permanent <-<:

Well if people start busting to much abut there emblems. I gauss mods can always remove them all. :P

Anyhoves we can't control the actions some people, what can do however is say that should not act in that way. And you should doneted for right reasons.

And hopfully people will listen. :)

• Brohoof 2

I doubt it will remain forever, that would make future actions that include changing emblems pointless. There were such events that included changing emblems in past and such change was never left forever. 

And for as long as actions of people who do it "just for emblem" help us I don't really care ^^'

• Brohoof 4

I wasn't here for 2011 or 2012, kinda didn't catch this, but its amazing how's kind us bronies can be.

I would donate but I'm British, and we more or less use pounds and Euros other than dollars.

I'm British, and I donated, it converts, and tells you how much £ you are paying. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm British, and I donated, it converts, and tells you how much £ you are paying.

Well now i REALLY wish I had the money. But unfortunately my new seasonal job doesn't start till tomorrow and even then I only get two hours. I would get some way to donate if I could. But for those of you that do have a little extra I encourage you to donate! Your extra can help change another pony's life.

• Brohoof 4

Well, at first we didn't even release the badge from go, and many of the perks are still hidden so I would suspect that there is a decent amount of good old fashioned altruism going around.

They are in fact temporary, and since we are able to control whether you get the badge, and Admin can opt you out if you don't want to accept it. No problem at all with that if it makes you feel more comfortable

• Brohoof 3

I wasn't here during the first few years, but just being a part of this ... so much awesome.

Absolutely agreed. Once, when I was bored, I went through all the Canterlot Castle announcements and found out about the first Making Christmas Merrier. I was so proud just reading the thread, and I am now glad to see that I'll be experiencing it for myself too. This is such a great cause, and I must say that I am so proud of everyone so far for helping. Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart! :proud:

• Brohoof 6

In whose name will the tax receipt be issued?

In the past @Feld0 himself handled all the tax related questions, but I reached out to get an answer for you. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't have money(Tough in best case tomorrow)But I live in germany, soo ... can I donate with Euro?

Yes, the system will convert Euro to CAD

:)

• Brohoof 5

To say I'm broke is an understatement.. However, as Celestia, Luna and Cadance have made clear to me, I'll play my part (they got the princess bit wrong though :okiedokielokie: ) So, donation made! :)

One day I will get the ability to donate online to awesome things like this on my own discretion. But there could be a chance I will be helping out in a different way, so hopefully that will suffice ;)

• Brohoof 6