Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happened with PinkiePony?

ponytheorist

All right, I can see meaning in that statement. Considering everything there, I can see where the support would be welcome.

While I see the intention here, I'm skeptical of the overall success rate there. While I am sure that some could be convinced, I can't help but feel the the majority mob would feed off if it and find it as encouragement.

She's pulled in a lot of very young and impressionable people to her cause and toxic way of thinking.

• Brohoof 1

She's pulled in a lot of very young and impressionable people to her cause and toxic way of thinking.

I won't disagree with that, and it's those young ones that can be very hard or impossible to convince otherwise. In time plenty end up seeing the truth for themselves.

• Brohoof 1

Sigh...

On the internet, every action has an opposite overreaction.

PinkiePony wanted to shut down the Molestia blog, which I believe was right. Rape isn't funny, and even though the comic wasn't graphic I understand that people would get disturbed by it.

And of course, because "muh free speech", bronies attacked her, and went too far. Again.

Sure, both sides says lots of crap. I'm not sure everything Pinkie said was true. But you know what, this was one of the moments I was actually ashamed of being part of this fandom. I had hoped that fans of freaking "Friendship is Magic" would at least try to stay civil. But no, just because of a damn comic, they send insults, death threats and made up fake screencaps to discredit her. Just... wow.

Sigh...

On the internet, every action has an opposite overreaction.

PinkiePony wanted to shut down the Molestia blog, which I believe was right. Rape isn't funny, and even though the comic wasn't graphic I understand that people would get disturbed by it.

And of course, because "muh free speech", bronies attacked her, and went too far. Again.

Sure, both sides says lots of crap. I'm not sure everything Pinkie said was true. But you know what, this was one of the moments I was actually ashamed of being part of this fandom. I had hoped that fans of freaking "Friendship is Magic" would at least try to stay civil. But no, just because of a damn comic, they send insults, death threats and made up fake screencaps to discredit her. Just... wow.

None of those are fake, you can also look up her blog of internet archive websites(I believe is was way back machine that caught her blog a a few times on it's sweeps) and see the posts. I was also around when she was active and personally saw some of them.

• Brohoof 1

None of those are fake, you can also look up her blog of internet archive websites(I believe is was way back machine that caught her blog a a few times on it's sweeps) and see the posts. I was also around when she was active and personally saw some of them.

When I say "fake screencaps", I'm taking about for example the one that pretended she was an extremely active member of a racist far-right website. Which was false.

When I say "fake screencaps", I'm taking about for example the one that pretended she was an extremely active member of a racist far-right website. Which was false.

Never saw that one, actually.

I've never even heard about this person before until I read the link that was provided in one of the comments. 0.o

I joined this fandom on April 1, 2014. Maybe I wasn't here long enough?

I've never even heard about this person before until I read the link that was provided in one of the comments. 0.o

I joined this fandom on April 1, 2014. Maybe I wasn't here long enough?

Yeah, Ask Princess Molestia was shut down in January, so in fandom drama time that would be an eternity ago.

After reading this thread I still nearly have no idea of what happened,I think that the entire situation got out of hand.Everyone is overeacting.

But the way bronies reacted was fucking disgusting, especially sending her both rape and death threats, while also hunting her down in real life, because she was part of the reason their rape-horse blog got taken down (even though it was Hasbro).

This is one of the,if not the most ridiculous things I have ever heard the fandom do.I don't think that she should get off scot free,but she also doesn't really deserve all that.I think that it probably speaks alot about the types of people who go to those sorts of blogs and stuff.It reminds me of all the attacks in Gamergate.Also,for some reason,I find this quote somewhat funny (don't judge) because it sounds so ridiculous that it shouldn't be true,but it is. :ph34r:

If I got anything incorrect please inform me cos I still have no idea what went on i only just heard about it in this thread.I don't want the full story just a correction of anything i got wrong.

EDIT:After hearing a bit more about what she did from my brother I think that she deserves it somewhat more,but still not completely,but still the whole thing is just a complete clusterfuck.

Edited by MOSFETv2
  • Brohoof 3