Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro's MLP Toys (figures), Yay or Neigh- and your reasons

Cirrus.

Neigh for me.

I think for the most part they are lazy and don't look like the show. A lot of them look like they are from older molds that they just reused slapped some "updated" paint on. >_>

Oh, and most of them I've seen look creepy (especially the eyes). :confused:

The actual stranded hair looks weird to me too. :huh:

My little cousin has a small translucent Gilda thing that I think was a blind bag. It looks pretty decent, so I found and ordered the normal (not sparkly or clear) one off eBay. That's the only thing I've found that Hasbro officially made that I think looks "normal"

post-24370-0-53313500-1417642324.jpg

I guess there was someone who made and was selling good 3D prints a couple years back, but got zapped by Hasbro.

post-24370-0-39779400-1416960353_thumb.jpg

Supposedly he's working on some legitimate deal currently and will hopefully be selling them again. This is one of the best I've seen.

So what do you guys think? Do you like or not like? Care how accurate/ not accurate they look? Or just buy them anyways- because ponies!

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

@, as your thread relates to pony merchandise, it has been moved to the 'Pony Merchandise' subsection of Sugarcube Corner. ;)

I like them I have A LOT of the blind bags. They don't look good for the most part but i have fun collecting them. Have you seen the funko ponies-  they look AMAZING, like they are right out of the show. I have all of them. 

I have a Big Macintosh one. Those look a lot better than Hasbro's. Most of the other Funko ones still have heads/eyes that are a little weird. The Big Mac one I have looks really good, but from the [his] left side his hair is a little weird looking. (the pic below is the good side)

post-24370-0-29720000-1416962302_thumb.png

I have a Vinyl Scratch figure from Welovefine that I keep on a CD tower rack. It isn't very accurate with it's very long legs- but I got it because I thought it was funny.

post-24370-0-83306400-1397433577.jpg

@, as your thread relates to pony merchandise, it has been moved to the 'Pony Merchandise' subsection of Sugarcube Corner. ;)

Thanks, I realized that right after I posted it.

I was like :derp:

Edited by steve88

I like most of the pony toys, from Brushables to Blind-Bags to Funko Figures, they're all adorable. I don't care whether they're show accurate or not, the brushables are made so you can brush their hair so it isn't going to be show-accurate.

A lot of the figures I see by Hasbro don't look accurate to the show. If you want figures that are accurate I reccomend checking out the MLP Funko figures sold at Hot Topic.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash
  • Brohoof 1

I like them I have ALOT of the blind bags they dont look good for the most part but i have fun collecting them. And have you seen the funko ponies they look AMAZING like they are right out of the show I have all of them.

Print much the same for me :)! Blind bags also don't have the awful hair tht most other models have :)

Just a shame they are so exspensive :x it's hard to justify over food!

Mmm, mostly neigh. I like the toys for sure, but I just wish the paint jobs were more neat on te small figures.. I find them to be quite sloppy, which is super frustrating cause I bet I could do a better job.

Some of the molds are really wack too, like my Rarity figure I got in my magic of friendship set looks like she has Mumps because her cheeks are weirdly puffed out. And they just get so repetitive, using the same ones and repainting it.????

I personally really like the funko toys. I find them to be more show accurate( like applejack actually having a hat!????) and their paint is waaayy better.

• Brohoof 1

I just don't understand what Hasbro is thinking sometimes. It makes amazingly well textured characters that look beautiful on the television, and then when they make the toys they seem to do everything they can to pervert the image into something else.

Shake that head....