Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Comic Humble Bundle!

Planty

Could've just merged the thread, but whatevs.

Ahem...

----------------

You have no excuse now.

Read up, fellas. The comics are awesome-sauce.

Best part is, you can choose whether your money is sent to IDW, Hasbro, or charity.

It's pay-what-you-want, so dig deep if you want, but nothing is stopping you from paying one dollar. ;o

If you pay more than 12 dollars, you get 17 extra issues, and if you pay 15, you get two animated comics AND 10 extra extra comics!

That's 35 issues of pone for only 15!

If that ain't a steal, I don't know what is

Get to it!

• Brohoof 3

@@redfox4112, a thread already exists which discusses the current bundle, as a result I have merged yours with the pre-existing thread. Please ensure you use the search function to avoid posting duplicate threads.

@, as the topic relates to the print media of MLP, it has been moved to the 'Print Media' subsection of Sugarcube Corner. :)

@@Zekromic, it is only digital I believe ;)

Just made my purchase.  Totally worth the price.  

is that digital only? If it's physical, I would like it

Sadly yeah its digital, but even so its still ludicrously cheap :D!

I always like physical over digital but as long as it's DRM free digital is fine.  Thank Celestia for Humble Bundle!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'll pick digital if given no other choice, but I prefer physical, Stan Lee sums it up

So True :D

I just checked out Comixology.  IDW publishing is one of the DRM free publishers.  Physical still better but I think I'll keep up with buying digital copies there.

Yeah, I'll pick digital if given no other choice, but I prefer physical, Stan Lee sums it up

post-44297-Comics-are-like-boobs-They-lo

Generally I just read the comics. I'm concerned about what Stan is doing with them :P

I'm weird in that I prefer digital. If you read a lot of comics they start piling up, and then you feel obligated to store them in a way that they won't get messed up and then the next thing you know you have a bunch of comics taking up space in your house.

I might have some hoarder tendencies though.

• Brohoof 1

I bought the entire package; I look forward to reading them all. Though I have purchased this, I expect I will eventually buy physical copies of books anyway. Yes, could print digital copies myself but I would much prefer having the quality of the official comic books.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna

Generally I just read the comics. I'm concerned about what Stan is doing with them :P

I'm weird in that I prefer digital. If you read a lot of comics they start piling up, and then you feel obligated to store them in a way that they won't get messed up and then the next thing you know you have a bunch of comics taking up space in your house.

I might have some hoarder tendencies though.

I don't think that's weird at all. Not wanting to have comics take up space is a perfectly valid reason to prefer digital copies. Even though graphic novels can save a little on space, having a whole bunch of them still requires some room. It is also easier to be a closet fan and have comics stored on a computer. I do prefer having physical copies whenever possible mind you, but that's just a personal preference.

I have to say though, this is a great deal, and I'm glad I took advantage of it to buy both Annual Editions since they haven't been re-released in graphic novels, and probably won't for a while if we have to wait for four of these issues to be out, and the prices for them generally greatly exceed what I would be willing to spend on just one comic, even a big special. I also got the Art Gallery and Cover Art Gallery issues just to ensure I got my money's worth, but I was satisfied with just getting both Annual Editions.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister just gifted me this for Christmas! I'm still speechless!  :wacko:

However, I want to start reading them chronologically, but I have no idea where to start and what the order is. Could someone please help me?

The Micro Series and Friends Forever contain self contained stories, so it doesn't matter too much when you read them. The main series should probably be read in order.

However, I want to start reading them chronologically, but I have no idea where to start and what the order is. Could someone please help me?

It should give the order of stuff on Wikipedia too, that place has everything x3

The first story arc in the comics happens sometime after the season 2 finale. The first omnibus(issues 1-12), and the entire micro series takes place before the season 3 finale. It's a fairly large ballpark, but it gives some idea as to where they fit.

I personally read issues 1-12 then the micro series, but as as Andaasonsan said, the micro issues don't necessarily have to be read in a certain canon order, as long as they're read before volume 4(issues 13-16), and Friends Forever Volume 1(issues 1-4), as they clearly take place after Twilight became an Alicorn, but before the season 4 finale, since she still lives in the Golden Oak Library. Unfortunately I have fallen behind on the comics and graphic novels, so I can't tell you when later issues take place at this point in time. Otherwise Friends Forever is a lot like the Micro Series in that it doesn't matter what order you read them in.

was it only a limited thing? or am I missing where to find it?

I think the deal was a limited time thing, I'm sorry to say. Humble Bundle appears to offer the ability to purchase the comics individually or possibly in other sets though, and I wouldn't put it past them to offer a great deal like that in the future.
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...